Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

So we check in 8 days from now and so excited. This will be the first time staying in one of the all-star resorts or value resorts. My past trips were in POR and CSR. My question is we will be a party of basically 4 adults, 2 18 year olds and then 2 adults, me and my boyfriend. I will also have an Scooter that we will be picking up at bell services. I know in the Moderate resorts even with 3 people using 2 beds I was able to fit the scooter without having to remove table and chairs. I could just push them aside. Will there be room to do that here? Or will I need to have them remove the table and chair?

Hi all! We're staying at POFQ but will be taking a day to check out some other resorts. We'll be using Uber to get around, so I'm glad we'll be able to take the bus between the 3 All Stars. Can anyone confirm that the pickup order is still Sports - Music - Movies? Thanks!

Can anyone confirm that the pickup order is still Sports - Music - Movies?
Yes.:)

You could also just walk between the 3 Resorts-it's around a 5 minute walk from Sports to Music and around 5 minutes from Music to Movies.

From Sports to Music walk through Home Run Hotel and across the Parking Lot and you will be at Calypso in Music.

From Music to Movies walk along the "back" of Melody Hall(Main Building) and cross the road and you will be at Mighty Ducks in Movies.:)

Yes.:)

You could also just walk between the 3 Resorts-it's around a 5 minute walk from Sports to Music and around 5 minutes from Music to Movies.

From Sports to Music walk through Home Run Hotel and across the Parking Lot and you will be at Calypso in Music.

From Music to Movies walk along the "back" of Melody Hall(Main Building) and cross the road and you will be at Mighty Ducks in Movies.:)

Good to know - I would never have thought of that! Thanks so much!

Good to know - I would never have thought of that! Thanks so much!
You're welcome.

Also,the All-Stars don't "share" all buses;MANY times a bus coming to Sports will NOT continue on to Music and Movies(there is no "shuttle" between the 3 All-Stars).:)

So we check in 8 days from now and so excited. This will be the first time staying in one of the all-star resorts or value resorts. My past trips were in POR and CSR. My question is we will be a party of basically 4 adults, 2 18 year olds and then 2 adults, me and my boyfriend. I will also have an Scooter that we will be picking up at bell services. I know in the Moderate resorts even with 3 people using 2 beds I was able to fit the scooter without having to remove table and chairs. I could just push them aside. Will there be room to do that here? Or will I need to have them remove the table and chair?

You can just push them aside. We were there in Sept in a regular (i.e., not handicap accessible) room and we didn't have an ECV, but a stroller we didn't collapse each night. Unfolded, it rolled in and parked just fine between the table and window. The ECV is a little larger than a stroller, but there was plenty of extra room. I'm sure you'll have no problem. Have fun!:wave:

Going to DW next week to see Christmas decorations:cheer2:. Always wanted to go at Christmas and my dream is coming true. Staying at ASMo and was wondering if they still have the handless mugs. And if so what color are they.

Going to DW next week to see Christmas decorations:cheer2:. Always wanted to go at Christmas and my dream is coming true. Staying at ASMo and was wondering if they still have the handless mugs. And if so what color are they.
I'm at ASMo currently and there were no handless mugs available. The colors were red, blue, purple and pink.

I'm at ASMo currently and there were no handless mugs available. The colors were red, blue, purple and pink.

Not to be dense, but "no handless" mugs, means they had handles or did not have handles? Handlless means no handles?

Not to be dense, but "no handless" mugs, means they had handles or did not have handles? Handlless means no handles?

They used to have handles, then switched to no handles but now resorts seem to be going back and forth between both.

Had my first stay at All-Star Movies from Thursday-Friday. We flew down from NJ just to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We have never stayed at an All Star hotel (well, I did during my Senior Trip in HS, but I don't remember anything from that trip) and I have to say I'm apprehensive about coming back for our reservation next month (another 1 night stay).

I was so excited to get a text that our room was ready around 9am -- before our plane even took off! As soon as we got to ASMo we dropped our bags, used the bathroom (which is when I noticed they gave us 1 shampoo/conditioner for 3 people -- more on that later) and then went to the food court for a late lunch at 2:30pm.

My 2 girls ordered grilled cheese and I ordered the BBQ chicken sandwich. We stood at the counter for about 10 mins after we ordered. The kids sandwiches came out and I continued to wait for mine. Eventually the cook said "do you need to order something else?" and I said "nope, just waiting for the sandwich I already ordered." Then he realized that they forgot to make my sandwich. In their defense they comped the sandwich, which was appreciated, but the food court was EMPTY -- we were the only people in there -- so I can't imagine what happens when they are trying to make several orders.

When we got back to the resort at 12:20am (there was a bus waiting for us as we walked up to the stop after the Christmas Party -- AWESOME!) I knew I'd want to take a shower before getting into bed, so I stopped at the front desk to see if they kept shampoos there. The attendant said they don't keep those supplies at the desk but she would put an order in with housekeeping and we should get it quickly. We went to our room and the girls passed out right away. I turned the a/c on and all of a sudden I smelled cigarette smoke -- which I am VERY sensitive to. I opened the door and saw a water bottle filled with cigarette butts on the ground between my room and the next room. It appeared that our neighbors have been smoking right outside their door (and my door), which is not allowed.

At this point I was super tired, ready for my shower (still no shampoo after 30 mins), and mad about the smell. I snapped a picture of the ashtray-waterbottle and immediately walked to the front desk -- because I know calling does nothing -- and I explained what was happening. The same woman who put my shampoo order in was very apologetic (she even looked at my photo and said "well that's disgusting") and offered to move my room, however the two kids were already fast asleep and we were only staying for 1 night. I told her I just wanted to be sure they knew that the smell in the room was NOT from me. The front desk associate was really great. She confirmed that housekeeping delivered the shampoo while I was walking to the desk and she spoke with the manager about the cigarette smoke issue. They ended up comping me the one night stay, which was above and beyond what I was expecting, so it made the whole situation a little bit easier, I just wish it didn't happen at all.

I really hope that I don't have the same issues next month. I'm bringing down 8 people for my daughter's 8th birthday and I'm stressed about planning this trip as it is, I don't want the hotel stay to be an issue.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused about the shampoo deal? All rooms just get one bottle of the combo shampoo/conditioner and they replace it daily. What was it that you needed that night? If the bottle was there and only one was taking a shower then why did you need more?

I'm a little confused about the shampoo deal? All rooms just get one bottle of the combo shampoo/conditioner and they replace it daily. What was it that you needed that night? If the bottle was there and only one was taking a shower then why did you need more?

At the time I stopped at the desk to get extra I had hoped the girls would be able to shower before bed, but once we got in the room they fell asleep right away. Then I couldn't shower because I had to wait for Housekeeping to come. I didn't want to get in the shower and then have them knocking on the door. The front desk person said I couldn't put up to "Do Not Disturb" sign because they wouldn't deliver.

Honestly, 1 bottle of combo shampoo/conditioner isn't going to go far in any room with more than one person, let alone a room with 3 females that have medium length hair.

Just a couple random questions:

What time does the restaurant/cafeteria at the hotel close?

Is there a sundries type shop at this hotel?

We just booked standard room for one night. Will we definitely have a fridge?

Do they do express check out? Or will I need to stand in line to check out in the morning? TIA!!!

Food Court closes at Midnight(limited offerings from 11:00 PM- Midnight).

There is a nice Merchandise Shop there.

All rooms do have a mini-fridge.

They do have Express Check out available.:)

We just booked our first family trip to WDW! I have not been since 2005! We frequent Disneyland, and we are looking forward to our family trip! Plus my parents are meeting us too!!

Last edited:
Booked AS Movies for a spring break trip. Haven't been there since 1999. Standard view so I requested Mighty Ducks since its close to AS Music and has a laundry room there. Has anyone booked a standard but was given preferred at check in? I actually 'prefer" to stay standard at this resort for the quieter location/less foot traffic. TY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!