DisneyQuest Closing

If they want to disperse the crowds a bit and bring people to Disney Springs they should Have left Norway and Maelstrom alone and put a Frozen world in that building.

I'm an NBA fan and I still think that the NBA experience is a bad idea. I'd much rather see them add something that everyone would like.

Ugh. Yes, DQ was outdated, but my family of gamers loved the retro arcade games. No one in my house cares at all about professional sports, so this holds no interest for us whatsoever. With as much money as the video game industry brings in each year and the number of households who play video games (67% in 2010 according to the ESRB http://www.esrb.org/about/video-game-industry-statistics.jsp), you'd think it would be worth their while to give DQ an overhaul to keep up with technology instead of replacing it. :confused3 Interesting to note that Universal recently decided to get rid of NBA City, but contracted with Nintendo to use their characters for major attractions. As much as I love Disney, the more I hear of Universal's plans, the more inclined I am to spend part of my vacation dollars there.

I'm kinda sad that DQ is leaving but also it was becoming very outdated. And like someone said above for that kind of gaming experience it would have to be updated constantly, I can't see the NBA experience being much better though... Quite sad really. I feel like a big update on the games that are already there would be a lot more popular, but I guess gaming just isn't what it used to be anymore. :sad2::badpc:

Disney also stopped offering vouchers for DisneyQuest in vacation packages and stopped selling DisneyQuest annual passes yesterday. The article doesn't specify a date but spring 2016 is what's rumored.

Still issuing vouchers for 2015 pkgs. We just got ours and will visit DQ as my grandson found out it was going to close and he loves the place. We did have a lot of fun there last year.

And yet another thing removed from disney that I like. Hope its still there for my next trp

I am not surprised at all. I haven't played video games since about 8th grade, and I'm sure as heck not wasting my vacation on them, but basketball is my least favorite sport so it is kind of a wash for me. Instead of never stepping food in Disney Quest I'll be most likely never be stepping foot in the NBA experience. I would have liked something interactive that I was interested in but I do think more people will go to an NBA themed location then have gone to Disney Quest recently. If not then I suspect another refurb is coming down the road.

We went to DQ on July28 because we had a voucher with our package. DS12 was bored out of his mind and he loves video games. He stated that "all these games are old, Mom."

Super upset about DQ closing. Only because I have no idea where else i'm going to get a chance to play the new $35,000 Starwars arcade game :-(

I liked it, but I also can't complain. I stopped going when they went from length of stay passes to MYW. It would use up all my Adventurers Club nights. Used spend a few hours at DQ then hit PI almost every night when it was Length of Stay passes (or was it ultimate park hopper I am loosing it in my old age).

I'm planning a trip for Easter 2016 and my 10 year daughter really wants to go to DQ before it closes. A "Spring 2016" closing date is way too vague. I would love to know if DQ will still be in operation for our next visit?

Anyone heard anything about changes in the water parks n more pricing or inclusions? We had planned to upgrade our tickets next month to go to BB & DQ but now I'm thinking we should've already made that upgrade???

They seem to have this disneyquest closing rumor every couple years. I would believe it once it actually happened.

They seem to have this disneyquest closing rumor every couple years. I would believe it once it actually happened.

This time it has been officially announced.

I do wonder what's going to happen to all the attractions and arcade games in there at the moment. Perhaps some of the attractions could be redeployed at Innovations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts