Disneypoor's Alaskan Cruise June 7th, 2011

Thank you Susan....We have Nick picking us up at the airport. We need 2 limos as we have 11 people flying in. He seemed very pleased with all of the referrals........:cool1:

Thank you Susan....We have Nick picking us up at the airport. We need 2 limos as we have 11 people flying in. He seemed very pleased with all of the referrals........:cool1:
Tell Nick we said hi when you get there! I'm glad he is getting so many phone calls.:thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip and let me know how it was when you get back!

Susan

Thanks for the great read!
I was wondering if you could tell me more about the photos at shutters. When you do a family portrait, what do they charge? Should I buy a credits package before we get on board?
popcorn::

Thanks for the great read!
I was wondering if you could tell me more about the photos at shutters. When you do a family portrait, what do they charge? Should I buy a credits package before we get on board?
popcorn::
Hi! I'm so sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you! We were out of town and on a mini-vacation for my sister's wedding. There is no additional cost for doing a family portrait. They cost the same as any other 8X10. I've done it both ways--I've bought the Shutter's package, and I have also just bought individual pictures. To buy an 8X10, I believe it is $20. You wouldn't need to buy a package before you get onboard. In fact, you could buy a few individual pictures and then decide to do a package, and they would apply your credit from your individual pictures to your package. They are super easy to work with! There are also kiosks that you can use to view all of the photos you've had taken while on the cruise. You can purchase from those or go directly to Shutter's. Let me know if you have other questions.:goodvibes

Susan

Thanks to all of my groupies out there! I appreciate everyone taking the time to read!

As for formal night, there was a little bit of everything. Some people were dressed very fancy, some were just in nice dress clothes that you might wear to church, and some were not dressed up at all. We saw more people on this cruise not dressed up at all than we've ever seen. To be quite honest, I think it was very hard to pack for this trip, and I can see why people didn't bring a bunch of dress clothes. My family of four took five suitcases, and we had to pay $135 each way for the airline because of it. Of course, if I had to do it all over again, I'd do it differently, and we'd pack differently, but I wanted to be prepared for anything. Hope this helps and do beware of the arcade! It always adds a lot to our bill at the end. Fortunately, our son doesn't spend without asking first, but it adds up very quickly!:scared1:

Susan

Can you let me know how you would pack differently, if you could do it again? Two weeks until our cruise!:banana:

Can you let me know how you would pack differently, if you could do it again? Two weeks until our cruise!:banana:
Hi! The weather for us was just a little chillier than I had expected, but I do think the cruises after us have had much warmer weather. I would not have packed quite as many dress clothes for sure. I did laundry onboard (several times ;)), so I think if I had taken about half of what I actually took, I'd have been fine. However, I'm the one who always says that next time I'm not taking as much and then I do, so I'm not sure if you should really listen to me or not.:rotfl: Good luck and have a fabulous trip!

Susan

Hi! The weather for us was just a little chillier than I had expected, but I do think the cruises after us have had much warmer weather. I would not have packed quite as many dress clothes for sure. I did laundry onboard (several times ;)), so I think if I had taken about half of what I actually took, I'd have been fine. However, I'm the one who always says that next time I'm not taking as much and then I do, so I'm not sure if you should really listen to me or not.:rotfl: Good luck and have a fabulous trip!

Susan

Thank you so much Susan, I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. You are a very good writer and really made the trip 'come to life' for me:dance3:

Thank you so much Susan, I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. You are a very good writer and really made the trip 'come to life' for me:dance3:
Thank you!:grouphug: I'm glad I've been able to help a few people in getting prepared for their trips. I am on the boards constantly and got so much help when I first began cruising, so I'm just trying to pay it forward. Now I'm over on the DVC boards bugging all of those people!:lmao: They'll probably be so glad when I finally get it all figured out!:rotfl:

Susan

Susan

Just got home from our trip and it was FREEZING! We all had to buy sweaters and really couldn't enjoy the deck. We started with Tracy Arm on deck and then went to our rooms.

Tell Nick we said hi when you get there! I'm glad he is getting so many phone calls.:thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip and let me know how it was when you get back!

Susan

thank you for the referral and he was very nice. Our plane was delayed for hours leaving las vegas as the flight was orignating in Toronto and they had an electrical storm. I called him to let him know we were delayed and he said not to worry. He was there when we got there, loaded up the limos and straight to the hotel

We made arrangements to be picked up at noon on the 2nd, 2 hour tour and then to the airport. Our tour went well but the other limo driver didn't do as well. But when we got to the airport he charged me for 3 hours cause he came early I was not happy and had to charge half of it as I didn't have the cash since we budgetted for 2 hours. (2 limos $510)

Thank you again Susan. I appreciate the referral, I would just recommend anyone who uses him to get the total fee's upfront......

thank you for the referral and he was very nice. Our plane was delayed for hours leaving las vegas as the flight was orignating in Toronto and they had an electrical storm. I called him to let him know we were delayed and he said not to worry. He was there when we got there, loaded up the limos and straight to the hotel

We made arrangements to be picked up at noon on the 2nd, 2 hour tour and then to the airport. Our tour went well but the other limo driver didn't do as well. But when we got to the airport he charged me for 3 hours cause he came early I was not happy and had to charge half of it as I didn't have the cash since we budgetted for 2 hours. (2 limos $510)

Thank you again Susan. I appreciate the referral, I would just recommend anyone who uses him to get the total fee's upfront......

Hi, Kathie! So sorry I'm just now getting back to you. Extreme Home Make Over has been in Ottawa, Kansas (where I live), and I've been helping at the build site. It's been a blast, but I'm sure glad we've revealed cause I'm tired! I'm glad things worked out well with the limos, but I'm sorry the other limo driver charged you for the extra hour. Did Nick do that as well? In all honesty, I bet our tour lasted a bit longer than 2 hours, and Nick just acted like it was no big deal at all.:confused3 We paid for just 2 hours. Sorry that happened. I hope you enjoyed your cruise! It's been so hot here in Kansas that I wish I had the cool breezes of Alaska right now!:goodvibes

Susan

Hi, Kathie! So sorry I'm just now getting back to you. Extreme Home Make Over has been in Ottawa, Kansas (where I live), and I've been helping at the build site. It's been a blast, but I'm sure glad we've revealed cause I'm tired! I'm glad things worked out well with the limos, but I'm sorry the other limo driver charged you for the extra hour. Did Nick do that as well? In all honesty, I bet our tour lasted a bit longer than 2 hours, and Nick just acted like it was no big deal at all.:confused3 We paid for just 2 hours. Sorry that happened. I hope you enjoyed your cruise! It's been so hot here in Kansas that I wish I had the cool breezes of Alaska right now!:goodvibes

Susan

Hi Susan
Thats cool that you got to participate.....I would so love it....Anyhow no it was Nick that did it. it cost us $510 for 2 limos for a 2 hr tour and drive to the airport. Oh well its over now, but would have to rethink using him again. Since I put half on my credit card, it cost me about $300 instead of the $255.

Yes I sure wish we had the cool breezes, coming home to 110 degree weather wasn't the greatest!!!:rotfl:

meajuly5 said:
Great report! Truly enjoyed.

Thank you!!!

I'm going to PM you the information I have from our limo driver. Of course, we did this cruise in June of 2011, so I'm not sure if he is still there or not. Let me know if you get ahold of him. Good luck!

Susan

Great report!!!

I enjoyed reading thru it today.

I understand the rock style life when you get on board..... LOL
This is my husbands first comment always when I start talking about another Disney cruise......
WHAT'S IT REALLY GONNA COST??????

Then he begins spewing all the "Extra's"......
But I have started my harassing for an Alaskan cruise this summer.

DId you enjoy the Canada cruise?
We did the last one out of NYC in September, we loved it!!!!
Hope they do it again and perhaps extend the days to 7 or longer.

lorimay said:
Great report!!!

I enjoyed reading thru it today.

I understand the rock style life when you get on board..... LOL
This is my husbands first comment always when I start talking about another Disney cruise......
WHAT'S IT REALLY GONNA COST??????

Then he begins spewing all the "Extra's"......
But I have started my harassing for an Alaskan cruise this summer.

DId you enjoy the Canada cruise?
We did the last one out of NYC in September, we loved it!!!!
Hope they do it again and perhaps extend the days to 7 or longer.

Thank you! My family is pretty sure I think I'm a rock star when it comes to traveling. Lol! We ended up going to Maui and Disney World, so we decided against the Canada cruise. :( We are getting ready for a 5 night in the Wonder though. I can't wait for that!

Susan

Great Trip report Susan! Brought back very vivid memories o the Alaskan cruise my folks took our whole family on in July 1999> I loved Skagway and the White Pass railway. Wish we could have stayed a few days in Vancouver.

Siggy aka Jill

SigalTchelet said:
Great Trip report Susan! Brought back very vivid memories o the Alaskan cruise my folks took our whole family on in July 1999> I loved Skagway and the White Pass railway. Wish we could have stayed a few days in Vancouver.

Siggy aka Jill

Thank you! Reading back thru it brings back some wonderful memories. :) Vancouver was great!

Susan

Once the captain made his turn at the glacier, we headed back. I think most people thought the show was over, but it was far from over! My husband and I had gone up to deck 10 to see if Brandon was playing basketball, and we noticed that we were getting closer and closer to shore. In fact, it seemed the captain was wedging the ship into a cove that looked to be too small for our huge ship.:eek: He just kept going, and all of a sudden, people began to notice and were flooding deck 10. As it turns out, the captain was just trying to show us how much control he has of the ship. I now believe him! We were within feet of a waterfall and the shore, and there wasn't that much room to spare at the back of the ship either. Even cast members were out watching the show! Here's a picture:
DSC04813.jpg

Susan

OK, I think if I saw the ship that close to the edge of a waterfall, I would truly freak out, maybe pass out or at least have to change my linens. Was this not scarey?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter