Disneyland's Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Mary Jo, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

The Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique opened in April 2009, and is located in Fantasyland.

This is the view of the shop as you look at it from the castle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you enter Fantasyland, it is on the left side across from Peter Pan, and next to Snow White.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the entrance to the boutique Fairy Godmothers in Training greet guests as they pass by, and will sprinkle you with pixie dust if you wish.

I was dusted by this young maiden as I was about to pass by. The ladies are extremely friendly and accommodating.

[​IMG]

There are two entrances to the boutique. The sign is over the main entrance.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Boutique is charmingly decorated as a cottage, and the detail to the decorations is really enchanting.

The theme is Cinderella, and you will see touches throughout the castle of the little characters, as well as other touches. The attention to detail is just wonderful.

[​IMG]

Take a look at Cinderella's dress above, and you may see some evidence that this boutique is no ordinary shop, but quite magical in Disney's way.

[​IMG]

In the shop you will see samples of the beautiful princess dresses available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Behind the cash register guests get a glimpse of Flora, Fauna, and Meriweather.

[​IMG]

This wall separates the boutique from the shop. The colors and detail in the stained glass window is just beautiful.

[​IMG]

The shop is filled with outfits with coordinating accessories.

[​IMG]

Each princess theme comes with a dress, slippers/shoes, , tiara, gloves, barrettes, and other fun accessories.

[​IMG]

Here are the displays for Belle and Jasmine.

[​IMG]

This gives you an idea how the dresses and accessories are next to each other for easy shopping.

[​IMG]

Here is Snow White. The dress was across from the accessories.

[​IMG]

Wall of princess hats, and princess ears. There were so many things to choose from, but at the same time, the shop is so well-laid out that it is not overwhelming. There were quite a few happy little girls shopping, and some happier girls getting make-overs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here girls can choose what they want to go into their hair.

[​IMG]

There is even a section for Tink.

[​IMG]

Even young knights will find something here. As I walked past, I saw a young man brandishing a sword. He saw me watching him, and sheepishly put the sword back. I laughed & told him my 20-year old son would be doing the same thing.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mary Jo

The boutique sits at the back of the shop where Fairy Godmothers in training are waiting to transform little girls into princesses for the day. There are also Disney photographers to capture the moments. Parents are also welcome.

[​IMG]

Each person will have one to two Fairy Godmothers in Training (FGiT) to dress and pamper them. This view is looking toward the front. The shop is on the other side of the wall.

[​IMG]

Lindsey was kind enough to let me take a picture of her. The birds on the drapes are not just decorations. They are holding the curtains closed.

[​IMG]

Here a young lady has just been made up. With a twinkling sound, the birds open the drapes, revealing a mirror to view the handiwork. I thought this was such a nice touch.

[​IMG]

I received permission from this little princess's mother to take her picture. She was a little shy at first. The young FGMiT is the one who did her makeover. She got the complete package, from the top of her head to the tips of her shoes.

[​IMG]

Look at that smile. She was so adorable in her little outfit.

[​IMG]

The detail to the makeover is subtle, and the young princesses look enchanting when they're done.

[​IMG]

This is the second entrance/exit to the shop from the inside and the outside view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the Disneyland Site:

Well, I have to say that I was very impressed with the Bibbidy Bobbity Boutique. The shop itself is enchantingly beautiful and the cast members were friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this.

4. Mary Jo

I pulled these off of another thread. Great description and pictures.

5. Misskitty3

Misskitty3 DIS Veteran

I can't wait!!! Thanks for checking it out and posting for all of us!:goodvibes

6. mystic_path

mystic_path You are never too old for a Disney movie

OH WOW! Thanks so much for posting this... It has changed inside. I am very excited to check this out.

7. Mayorquimby

Mayorquimby Earning My Ears

We have already booked a makeover for my 6 year old daughter next Wednesday for her birthday! Since she will be getting a gift card as her birthday reward, can she use it inside BBB?

Q

8. charmama4

charmama4 DIS Veteran

I"m so happy I'm in tears!!!! My DD is going to absolutely love this!!!!! It's a total surprise for her, heheheh. Mary Jo thanks so much for posting pictures! I love how they pull back the curtains to let the little girls see their *transformations*!!

9. lonegungal17

lonegungal17 Mouseketeer

Adults can get make overs too, right? I had my hair done at the WDW Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique last year and would like to do the same for my birthday at Disneyland. How far in advance do you need to make a reservation?

Mel

10. charmama4

charmama4 DIS Veteran

60 days same as PS

11. BunnieGene

BunnieGene Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for taking the time to take the pics and post them....I cannot wait princess:princess:

12. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

From the AP site (under See What's In Store For You) it shows:

If you go there again, or if anyone else would like to find out, could you ask them if the sword that comes with the option is the foam sword that goes with the foam Prince Philip shield shown below (the sword on the left), or if the sword shown on the right can be substituted? Please and thank you in advance.

[​IMG]

DS does need that sword/shield set to be replaced, but he's also been wanting the sword on the right, and I think he'd quite like having the colored gel hairstyle. He also likes hanging out with girlie girls, being called a prince, and meeting the adult women who take care of the princesses (he got the autographs of the Ladies in Waiting back when the PFF was in full swing), so I think the Knight package would be fun for him for his birthday, but I do want to know about the sword ahead of time. (and I don't think I could explain it well on the phone, especially if the PS people aren't actually there in the shop)

Thanks!

13. prettyprincessbelle

prettyprincessbelle <font color=green>I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yu

Thank you so much for posting this, MJ! I have no kids, but I get excited at princess-y stuff and this looks fantastic!

14. Stacerita

Stacerita DIS Veteran

Thanks Mary Jo. The place looks so cute. I wish my DD like the princess stuff.

15. BriarRose Bride

BriarRose Bride making my fairy tale wedding dreams come true at t

Thank you so much for sharing! I think this will be a better experience for little girls than the Libby Lou was. The stained glass is impressive!

16. BriarRose Bride

BriarRose Bride making my fairy tale wedding dreams come true at t

There is one question I have, shouldn't they have themed this location to Sleeping Beauty rather than Cinderella being that it is part of her castle? It would have been so cool to do something with the three good fairies, a different color for each little girl's chair, something with the lighting. I think it is a good concept, but I just get a little bummed that Sleeping Beauty tends to get forgotten often because Cinderella has a bigger castle and more fans.

17. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

OMG, DD9 is a HUGE Cinderella fan, she will LOVE this!!!!!!! I am going to make ressies for myself and the girls to get makeovers for my bday....lol Seriously, I think this will be FUN!!!!! I need to get on that, get our ressies for BBB and for WCT. I think we are going to try to do the BBQ this weekend while we are there instead of for my bday. :) I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. prettyprincessbelle

prettyprincessbelle <font color=green>I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yu

:yay: :yay: Kerri, let us know how it is!!! princess:

19. MathomAndStuff

MathomAndStuff Earning My Ears

http://ow.ly/38VL
    I thought some people may be interested in this brief video. I like how it shows the mirrors at the end... I want one of my own! lol

20. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

I will Courtney! :)

21. tetney12

tetney12 Mouseketeer

DD was Jasmine for Halloween and the costume is in perfect condition. I wonder if I can bring the costume with me and just do the hair package?