Disneyland tickets at Costco?

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
Do Costco stores in SoCal sell Disneyland tickets at a discount? If so, are they only the SoCal resident tickets, or can anyone use them?

While Costco has offered them in the past, there are no Disney tickets currently available. -- Suzanne

After many years of offering Disneyland Tickets I have confirmed with two seperate locations in Sothern California that Disneyland has NOT offered to sell them through Costco for 2012... so far anyway!

But, i'd think they'd be offering something by now if they were going to do it as we are nearly four months into the year.

Anyone else out there have any news on this?

Last year their offering was a 4 day park hopper pass with a $50 gift card for around $150/ ticket.

Please help, if anyone knows of Costco getting something similar or if there are other locations that have better deals than your average Online Travel sites.:confused3

My hubby works @ Costco up here in Oregon and we not have them either nor is there any word on getting them. Bummer, it's such a good deal!!!

We have them in Canada, you can see them on the Canadian website.

Maybe check there they are just the city pass ones, but still not a bad price

I'm looking for either a 3-day or 4-day Park hopper pass deal. I don't need nor want that City Pass deal. We can get those down here too! :)

I think its weird after all these years that Costco has been carring those tickets that this year they don't have any!

I wonder if someone in sales on either end of the deal dropped the ball? Disney was making money off those deals so I'm not sure what their reasoning would be behind it!?!

The only thing I can think of at this point, other than someone dropping the ball, is that Disney didn't like the idea of all the OUT-OF-State or non-Southern California people picking up the deal they set aside for only Southern Californians. Again, its money in their pocket so i'm not sure why they'd care!

I thought Safeway also sold park hopper tix? I know I've seen them in the past. :confused3 I'd look into that, if that is even an option.

I thought Safeway also sold park hopper tix? I know I've seen them in the past. :confused3 I'd look into that, if that is even an option.

Vons/Safeway... I called them and this is what they have:

3-Day Park Hopper: $144 for ages 3 and up.
4-Day park hopper: NONE

2-day - One park/day: $99

And the annual passes: $199, $269, $379

Sad thing is that I was looking for the 4-day park hopper :headache:

Darn Coscto... throwing my schedule off!

Does anyone know if you can get a 3-Day Park Hopper at Safeway and then add another day to it at the park by paying the $20 difference between the normal 3-day and 4-day price? I'm also looking for 4-day PHs, and this would be a great deal, if it works.

Does anyone know if you can get a 3-Day Park Hopper at Safeway and then add another day to it at the park by paying the $20 difference between the normal 3-day and 4-day price? I'm also looking for 4-day PHs, and this would be a great deal, if it works.

The tickets should have prices attached to them so when you go to upgrade the computer will know you paid $199 and will charge the difference between this price and the current 4 day hopper price.

My wife knows the local manager here and it is a no go with Disney. He knew of nothing in the works or has distributed thru the management chain. Probably could not work a deal.

Jack

Just FYI (you're not interested in the 2-day) my Safeway has the following PHs:

Kids (3-9)2 day $161, 3 day $183

Adults 2 day $173, 3 day $199

I'm in Northern California. Are the prices different in So Cal?

My wife knows the local manager here and it is a no go with Disney. He knew of nothing in the works or has distributed thru the management chain. Probably could not work a deal.

Jack

I work for costco and I have heard the same. Last time I called there had been no deal worked out with Disney, and no news of it happening.

Just FYI (you're not interested in the 2-day) my Safeway has the following PHs:

Kids (3-9)2 day $161, 3 day $183

Adults 2 day $173, 3 day $199

I'm in Northern California. Are the prices different in So Cal?

Ya, SoCal is a lot cheaper than those... the pricing for a 3-day hopper is $144 for ages 3 and up... at VONS!

I'd also like to know if you can get those 3-day passes and upgrade to 4-day at the park for cheap! Can anyone confirm that?

The tickets should have prices attached to them so when you go to upgrade the computer will know you paid $199 and will charge the difference between this price and the current 4 day hopper price.

And what exactly would that pricing be? If I pay for the VONS 3-day hopper at $144 what would the upgrade price be? Can anyone Confirm?

Because if the difference makes the total cost around $200-$234 a ticket... that's NOT a deal. That's regular pricing... heh! :laughing:

And what exactly would that pricing be? If I pay for the VONS 3-day hopper at $144 what would the upgrade price be? Can anyone Confirm?

Because if the difference makes the total cost around $200-$234 a ticket... that's NOT a deal. That's regular pricing... heh! :laughing:
Right. You will pay the difference, so you will not "keep" that discount once you go into the park and upgrade. There is no discount for APs as far as I know. I did this at the end of 2010.

Thats what the OP was referring to. If you got a great discount on a ticket somewhere and wish to upgrade it at the Disney ticket booths this is what happens! Disney will credit what you paid for the ticket and then charge you gate price for the new ticket you wish to upgrade to. You lose any savings you may have had when you bought the discounted ticket.

Note that this is not the way it used to be. Awhile back Disney credited you the gate price. They also pro-rated your AP for days remaining when you wanted to upgrade to a different type of AP. Not anymore on both counts!

Right, you lose the discount entirely. It's not a great deal, that's why we always buy our hoppers from AAA, we get free parking and pay "regular" price so when we upgrade we've paid more towards the AP.

Thats what the OP was referring to. If you got a great discount on a ticket somewhere and wish to upgrade it at the Disney ticket booths this is what happens! Disney will credit what you paid for the ticket and then charge you gate price for the new ticket you wish to upgrade to. You lose any savings you may have had when you bought the discounted ticket.

Note that this is not the way it used to be. Awhile back Disney credited you the gate price. They also pro-rated your AP for days remaining when you wanted to upgrade to a different type of AP. Not anymore on both counts!

:thumbsup2

Are the tickets sold at So. Cal. VONS for So. Cal. residents only?

Kind of off-topic, but what if you won donated tickets at a charity auction -- how would you go about upgrading those, if it's even possible? There are some one-day hoppers up for bid at my kid's school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter