Disneyland Pin Codes?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by cindylou1125, Feb 7, 2011.

1. cindylou1125

cindylou1125 Earning My Ears

Does Disneyland email or mail pin codes, the way Disney World does?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. joelybelly

joelybelly Mouseketeer

What's a pin code?

4. DLtorgo

DLtorgo waiting for my next Disney fix

yes they do. People aren't really sure how you get on the pin code list though. I started getting them after staying at a DLR hotel. I have some other Disney accounts- movie rewards, pixie hollow,etc. Not sure if you need a combo or what to get pins.

5. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

Yes they do, but how they pick the recipients is still a bit of a mystery! Some posters on here have noticed that after they have priced out a reservation on the website (but don't actually purchase it), they have received a pin code down the road. I've had a PAP for two years and have priced out hotel-only stays several times but have never received a code. :sad2:

6. DLtorgo

DLtorgo waiting for my next Disney fix

A coupon code used to get a discount on a Disney hotel stay. They are mailed or sent by email and are good for your household only.

7. joelybelly

joelybelly Mouseketeer

Oh ok! Thanks :)

8. cindylou1125

I get Disney World pin codes, but never Disneyland discounts

9. joelybelly

joelybelly Mouseketeer

Oh ok! Thanks :)

10. jacky b

jacky b Mouseketeer

Disneyland doesn't send out as many as WDW due to the fact there is only 3 hotels unlike the many that WDW has.

11. cindylou1125

I wonder if living on the East Coast could be another reason I've never got a discount code?

12. Disney-&-Baseball

Disney-&-Baseball Mouseketeer

We live on the west coast and even though I go to the WDW website to price out vacations all the time to try to get a WDW pin code they send us ones for DLR.:confused: And I've never even priced out a vacation on the DLR website. Of course now that we are actually planning a vacation to DLR we are not getting anything. LOL:confused3

13. mydisneymoney

mydisneymoney Prince Alex's Mom

You can always call Disney Travel and ask if you have a pin code on your account. Sometimes there is one listed on your account but you do not receive anything telling you that you do. Call. It won't hurt anything.

14. blabbermouth

blabbermouth DIS Veteran

I've had pin codes via email, but I also get general emails about any public discounts, like when GC is 40% off, DH is 35% off and PP is 30% off or something like that. I've never used them though because they're STILL too expensive for me! Not sure 'why me' though.

15. alleycatmom

alleycatmom Earning My Ears

I got a Disneyland PIN code in my email a couple of weeks ago. I'm so bummed; I can't use it :( ($$$)

Here's what it said:

and then...
    and it looks like there's no minimum stay -- I wish we could go for one night even, but we can't right now :(

16. cindylou1125

What's the MM meet and greet? and do you live on the east or west coast? Thanks :)

17. alleycatmom

alleycatmom Earning My Ears

The "meet and greet" I think is just the regular opportunity you get because you're in the hotel and thus in proximity to the characters:

I'm in far Northern California, about 9 hours from Disneyland.

18. JadeDarkstar

JadeDarkstar Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

169 thats not bad. ty for this post i was jsut looking.

19. BellaBaby

BellaBaby (Im)patiently waiting for next trip to Disney!!

I received one by email last night. I just tried calling and she said it's not good in June, even though my email says 6/1-6/16. She kept quoting 5/1-5/28 like a PP mentioned. We are already booked at Hojo's which I'm happy with, but thought we might splurge and do a split stay w/ 2 nights at a DLR hotel. Do you think she somehow has her info wrong?:confused: My email sounds exactly like the PP's does, except like I said my dates were listed as 6/1-6/16.

20. LisainCalifornia

LisainCalifornia DIS Veteran

I get pin codes every year now, but I think it is because we stay at the Disneyland Hotel a few times a year.

21. ronandannette

ronandannette I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!

I got this one yesterday too...I imagine it's due to my request for a trip planning DVD off the website earlier in the week. Don't plan to use it though; but at those prices it puts DLH within $50/night of HoJo, Park Vue or Carousel Inn.

:wave2: Annette

EDIT: Oops, don't know what happened to the post I quoted, but the prices offered with the PIN were:
    PPH = $163.00 DLH = $186.00 GCH = $247.00. Also, does anybody have any ideas what's wrong with my ticker? It was working fine up until yesterday.