Disneyland Park Tour worth the money?

Dingdingding

Mouseketeer
I am going to DLP at the end of March and considering booking a tour (Disneyland Park Tour). I have always wanted to do a tour, ever since I found out those things existed then I was still a child. My parents always thought it was too expansive but this will be the first time I will go to DLP without my family. Sadly they have just doubled the prices overnight from 25 to 50 euros per person at the end of last year. I still really want to go but am doubting if it's worth it since the sudden rise of the price. 50 euros for a two hour tour is a lot of money, so I'm considering saving the money for when I go to Disneyworld (somewhere in 2018 or 2019 or perhaps later) and do the larger 5-hour tour for 99 dollars there.

Has anyone here done the tour? Is it worth the money?

I also wonder how many people will do the tours now (especially the hour-and-a-halve studio tour). I get it when they rise the price five euros a year for five years straight but double the amount overnight...

Last edited:
We did the tour with my wife, and we absolutely loved it. (Except for a bird that lost itself over my head when we were in the front of IASW, but that is another story.)

Nonetheless, if you find you have better use for your money, maybe this tour is not worth for you. Remember you have access to none of the backstage areas and that obviously you can't enjoy Star Tours on the “VIP cabin” since it is closed for refurbishment.

We did the tour with my wife, and we absolutely loved it. (Except for a bird that lost itself over my head when we were in the front of IASW, but that is another story.)

Nonetheless, if you find you have better use for your money, maybe this tour is not worth for you. Remember you have access to none of the backstage areas and that obviously you can't enjoy Star Tours on the “VIP cabin” since it is closed for refurbishment.

Thanks for your reply!

Did you go when the ride was closed? Was there any alternative route of sorts?

When we go the ride will be open (we will arrive at the day it plans to open haha)

We did that tour a few years ago. Things may have changed!

We were also given a VIP location on the parade route (that we did not use).

We've done both park tours and really enjoyed them. On the Disneyland Park tour there were 3 or 4 other people/families with us. For the Studios tour it was just us.

Lots of detail and if you like finding out why things are built and designed a certain way, then it really is worth it. As pp says though, it used to include something around the Star Tours ride, but with this closed just now I don't know if this will be replaced with something else of if it's just missed out.

I did it years ago when it was 15€ and even got a shareholder discount on top of that and incredibly I was the only one on the tour! I loved it, the guide was great and really a steal for the money. At 50€ I'd still do it, but I like to learn about the design process, history of the attracions and so on. If you enjoy that kind of knowledge, it's great.

I did it years ago when it was 15€ and even got a shareholder discount on top of that
Same here! Really enjoyed both tours and although I'm shocked at hearing how much they're costing now :scared: I'd still recommend them.

I did the Disneyland Park tour last September, when it was 25euros. For that cost, it was excellent, had a really good guide, and was just myself and two other couples. However, at double the cost I really feel they need to be offering something more for it to be remotely value for money. I'd love to see them start to do some of the more 'in depth' tours a la WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter