Disneyland or Bust: A Mother-Daughter Coastal Road Trip

Can two of them be Ariel?
I think Princess Maddie and Princess Willow would be pretty unhappy to be displaced by a fish woman (or two).

Well.... of course.
:rolleyes:

That's so cool!
It's one of my favorite things about DL!

This child is the most disobedient child I've ever seen.
Good thing she's cute as a button, otherwise she'd be in trouble.
No kidding - I just don't know what to do with her!

Ugh.
pkondz does not stand in line for rides.
And neither do Willow and Roni. I have zero patience for waiting. I'm worse than almost any child when it comes to that. :laughing:

I've probably said this before but,
I love how Willow's always got this big smile going.
Yes, I know, she's a normal kid and has her not so happy moments too.
But man. If that right there doesn't make the price of admission to Disney worthwhile, I don't know what would.
She definitely has her moments; we both do. But the vast majority of the time, she's a very happy kid - especially at a Disney park!

Oh? Just gonna drop that in there, huh?
:cool2:

With popcorn still firmly in hand, I see.
Of course!

Whoa! That was one tuckered out little girl!
I was pretty shocked, but she clearly needed some sleep! :laughing:

Oh, it's on mister!!
:laughing:

Again???? Shouldn't you maybe try scolding her once in a while?
(And no. Still not old. Too adorable.)
Honestly, I'm just a terrible parent! :goodvibes

That sounds good. ::yes::
It was!!!!

Shouldn't he be classified as "hot"?
You make a good point.

Ha! I'm at work (and it's slow) so I've got allllll night.
Post a bunch more, Roni! :woohoo:
:rotfl2:

Oh, poop. I know the movie... just not who said it.
Ratatouille... although I was thinking Kung Fu Panda at first!
Well, that's one point at least! :woohoo:

See above. :rolleyes1
:rotfl:

Yes! Why wouldn't you?
I mean, really.... why wouldn't you???
Our thoughts exactly! :thumbsup2

Ah! So that's what that was for.
::yes::

It feels like only minutes ago.

What? Expensive tickets at Disney?
Shocked!
I know! I mean, it's Disney - I was expecting them to be very affordable. :rotfl2:

Two and a half hours early????

No. Just no.
I know - really not my thing at all. I can't stand waiting. Have I mentioned that? Given how short Willow is though, I really wanted to ensure that we got front-row seats, and this was the best way to do that. Had we seen the show before (or had we been taller), I wouldn't have done it - we would have just shown up shortly before the show to get our seats. And it probably would have been just fine.

Gah indeed. If it was just me (and possibly, just you) I'd suck it up knowing I would just eat later.
But when a little girl is hungry.... yeah. Not gonna happen.
Honestly? I just really wanted Willow to have something that was not sugary since she would soon be presented with a big box of desserts. :laughing:

That's nice of him. :)
It really was. I was very grateful.

What???? And he seemed so nice!
:rotfl2:

Hey! Congratulations on your recent nuptuals!
And you kept it so secret!
Thanks! I like to save a surprise or two for the TR. ;)

No chicken nuggets there, huh?
Hmm, there may have been. She really likes those power packs though, and I know she was saving room for dessert. ;)

That's insane.

Then again... these are the same people who will stand in line for eight hours to see Frozen princesses.
Yep - waiting. GAH!!!! :laughing: Did you know that I once waited in line for 2 hours to meet those Frozen royals? :faint:

Oh, that's not quite so bad then.
I was quite happy that we could at least go do something for a few minutes after waiting around so long.

Thanks for all the updates! :goodvibes
Thanks for reading!! I hope I can keep up something close to this pace and get this baby finished!

Gusteau from Ratatouille!
Nice! First post, first point!!! :woohoo:

And WELCOME to the report!!! I hope you'll stick around. :goodvibes

Ridiculous long time lurker, had to come out for the game!
:rotfl2: "Ridiculous long time lurker" - love it!!!

Gotta love someone who refers to themselves as "Ridiculous long time lurker". :laughing:
:thumbsup2

Um... :sad: <--- Yeah this happened a little bit at just the thought of the Morse Code speech. Walt would LOVE that especially at the train station.
Right? It is really one of my favorite things I've ever heard. :goodvibes

Awww the train. This is officially the very first attraction I did in Disneyland. Of course the fact that my first ever visit was during the Leap day 24 hour even in 2012 and everything else had insane lines definitely contributed to that.
I think it's very fitting that the train was your first ride at Walt's park. :goodvibes

You know, I'm not sure whether Willow and I have ever taken the train at the MK. We use it ALL the time at DL - a great way to get around the park.

Tomorrowland Terrace... the very first offical Disneyland eating establishment for me as well for much the same reason as above.

Hmm, that Beauty and the Beast show seems interesting. I used to be a hard one to get to shows as well. It wasn't because I didn't like them, though. It was usually a matter of, what else could I be doing right now?? And the "else" always won out. By the time you wait for a show and then watch said show, it's a pretty good time investment. I always was thinking about what I might be missing, lol. Given her love of thrills, I have a feeling Willow is possibly the same way. I've softened a lot on that now though and love watching shows.
This is exactly what it is with Willow - exactly. Once I actually convince her to see a show, she absolutely LOVES it. She's just always thinking of the rides she might miss out on if she stops for a show. The rides and characters are so immediate and in your face that having to actually specifically go to a show, get seated, wait for it to start - that doesn't appeal to her. :laughing:

This is one thing I don't know that I can get on board for. Getting in line hours before a show is one thing. But to waste all that time in Disneyland just makes me sad. Especially with a "premium" package. GAH! BUT, that's pretty interesting that once you select your seats you're good. So at least you're not waiting the entire time. But I guess it's all moot now, lol. YAY Fantasmic!!
Yeah, I didn't care for that. I truly do not think it is necessary, however, although I can't say for sure. If I had been there by myself, I wouldn't have bothered - I would have just checked in at the specified time and gotten my seat and been on my way. I really wanted to make sure Willow had a front-row seat though so that she could see. That was really my only reason for getting there early enough to be second in line. :laughing:

The Contest: First person to provide the movie title from which the chapter heading comes gets a point; two points if the character who utters the line is also identified. If the first person doesn’t name the character, the first poster to do so will get a point.

Current Standing:
Courtney (courtneybelle): 17 points
Jill (jedijill): 22 points
pkondz: 15 points
Megan (MonsterWDWmom): 2 points
Shannon (shan23877): 8 points
Lori (STLMickeyMom): 4 points
petals: 1 point
Rob (DisneyKid4Life): 6 points
Dugette: 6 points
Kathy (KatMark): 2 points
Andy (afwdwfan): 4 points
Rory (Woodskeeper): 1 point

"As a matter of fact, he was a little bit too bright, because he started practicing some of the boss's best magic tricks before learning how to control them."

Day 12G - Tuesday, 5 August 2014 - Disneyland Resort

It was finally time for Fantasmic! :woohoo: Something I haven't mentioned - Willow and I had NEVER seen Fantasmic! before! :scared1: So, as you can imagine, we were quite thrilled.

We were in our premium seats by 8:30, and a lovely CM was right there delivering our dessert boxes and beverages of choice. (They offered cocoa, coffee, tea, soft drinks, and bottled water.) Willow opted for cocoa, and I had a bottle of water. There were a LOT of desserts, plus cheese, crackers and fruit. Here is Willow's box.

And here is mine:

Honestly, this was an insane amount of food. Had we been heading straight back to the hotel after the show, we would have taken them with us and had treats for the rest of our vacation. Sadly, we had more to do this night, so we had to dump the majority of our goodies. :(

Willow was excited about dessert and the show!

We really enjoyed the show! I got a few pictures that are almost good enough to post (man - I got some BAD pictures though. :laughing:) I can’t say whether it is better or worse than the DHS version since we have never seen that one! :confused3

Up Next: Day 12G (cont).

Day 12G - Tuesday, 5 August 2014 - Disneyland Resort (cont.)

Willow was impressed with the show!

After the show, we were allowed to stay in our seats and enjoy the fireworks (which followed just minutes after Fantasmic! ended). This is not the best spot for fireworks viewing, but it was pretty sweet to be sitting in a comfortable chair while watching!

Were our seats and desserts worth the steep ticket price of over $100 for the two of us? I think, for us, they were. As I mentioned, we had not seen Fantasmic! before - we have a hard time getting ourselves to scheduled shows because a certain someone will often spot a ride that just looks WAY better than a show sounds. So, having purchased the seats, we were guaranteed to actually go because I wasn't going to throw away all that money. I loved having an actual chair to watch from, and it was a big bonus to get to see the fireworks as well. I really think we would do it again if it was still offered.

Up Next: Day 12H

I am a bit of a lurker but Ill join in for the game,

the narrator in fantasia introducing sourcers apprentice.

Lots of shows in these updates! I had no idea that Beauty and the Beast show existed, but it looks like fun. The whole narrator thing makes me think of the Frozen Sing-Along style of show.

Fantasmic dessert package sounds pretty sweet, especially having your own chairs. Having to still get in line so early doesn't sound as great. If we end up making it to DL, I'll have to look into what the options are these days to see Fantasmic. I wonder if anything has a chair option anymore?

Something I haven't mentioned - Willow and I had NEVER seen Fantasmic! before!

Wow. You guys were in for a treat then!

Here is Willow's box.

Both look yummy. Who doesn't love Babybels?

Sadly, we had more to do this night, so we had to dump the majority of our goodies.

Too bad, but I totally get it.
It's the same reason I didn't buy more Zebra Domes.
Who wants to lug food around when there are things to do?

Willow was excited about dessert and the show!

I bet!

We really enjoyed the show!

Good! Glad you guys liked it.
Sometimes I wonder, the way we all (on the DIS) build some things up, if the shows will measure up to your expectations.

I got a few pictures that are almost good enough to post (man - I got some BAD pictures though. :laughing:)

Don't feel bad. That's a tough show to photograph.

I can’t say whether it is better or worse than the DHS version since we have never seen that one! :confused3

And I can't say either since I haven't seen this one.
But that pirate ship is pretty hard to beat!

Well someone's into bondage... :rolleyes1

After the show, we were allowed to stay in our seats and enjoy the fireworks (which followed just minutes after Fantasmic! ended).

Nice perk.

You got a lot of great fireworks shots, but that one's amazing.

I really think we would do it again if it was still offered.

It did sound like a nice relaxed way to watch it.

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Ok, beep beep beep, back up the truck. You've never seen Fantasmic before??? In Dland OR MGM???? Yeah ok, then the premium seating expedition seems all the more worth it now. :thumbsup2

Hmm, I hope it was the fruit that got the majority of the dumping. :lmao:

There are definitely differences between the show on each coast. The atmosphere alone is a huge one. Big stadium vs well, regular Disneyland areas. I think most would say the Dland one is better though. That little Pinocchio section is so cute, and the Peter Pan section is off the charts. Not to mention that Murphy the Dragon is SO MUCH BETTER in Dland. So cool!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME Mickey head firework capture Roni!!!! Love that!!

Nice! First post, first point!!! :woohoo:

And WELCOME to the report!!! I hope you'll stick around. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: "Ridiculous long time lurker" - love it!!!

Thanks! After booking my trip for this September the first thing I did was come to the boards and start gobbling up every possible TR I could find
:surfweb:

We did the Fant! Dessert Pkg about 3 years ago and found the same problem of not being able to eat all the treats, and not leaving immediately to save them. We're sad it's gone this year! As a WDW local, I highly recommend the Fant! here. I can see why the one in DL is popular, but the one at DHS has so many more movies from the 90s, the ones I grew up with. Granted, I used to work the concessions there and know the show by heart, so there might be a small bias... :angel:

I love that mickey firework! So cute! Nice picture!

The waiting for seats part doesn't sound great but getting those awesome front row seats looks like a pretty sweet deal. And those treat boxes! Yummy! We haven't seen fantasmic in forever. I think it'd be worth it to do at least once. And having a seat for fireworks--bonus!

First, we showered and put on some clean clothes - we're classy like that.
Too classy to stink. :thumbsup2

We were in the open-air theater and seated by 5:32.
I saw that theater. Neat location. It is in the middle of everything, yet also kind of hidden off the beaten path. It's just interesting how they have things situated like that around the park. And I love the open air feel of a lot of the shows and attractions. I'd assume the park pretty much shuts down during a rain storm, unlike WDW, but it really does give it a nice vibe.

Willow was pretty enthralled - she usually is; I can’t figure out why it’s so hard to get her to see the shows!
That's exactly how our kids are too. They never want to go to any shows, yet they usually enjoy the ones we think they'll like. But I guess in our defense, we did drag them to things like HoP, so I guess I can understand their skepticism. :rotfl:

(Of course, since this trip, DL has completely changed the Fantasmic! viewing with FPs and various FP dining options giving you some kind of "premium" seating, which I'm guessing is much like World of Color, which I described in a previous update.)
Let me summarize. We paid for a package. They told us to be there an hour before, but not to be early. We got there when told and there were tons of people already in the reserved areas. Our seats sucked. Only they weren't even seats. :headache:

Here's what it looked like below our area - you can see tons of people had already settled in for the 9:00 show.
That's just ridiculous. I mean it is a great show, but to spend 2 1/2 hours of park time just camping out there like that?

A little before 8:00, a CM came to the podium to check us in, and we chose front-row seats and went on our way. Once you choose your seats, they are yours, so you can go do something else for a little bit.
Ok, I do like that aspect of your package. Well worth the money for this reason alone.

Something I haven't mentioned - Willow and I had NEVER seen Fantasmic! before! :scared1:
:eek: :eek: :faint: That's just not right...

Sadly, we had more to do this night, so we had to dump the majority of our goodies. :(
Oh no! I guess you really were just paying for a seat anyway. And from my experience and seeing your comfy chair, I'd say money well spent.

I can’t say whether it is better or worse than the DHS version since we have never seen that one! :confused3
Much, much, much, much, much BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Still like it at DHS, but really, it doesn't hold a candle to DL's version.

Except for the stadium seating. I've always thought the wait, being herded into the theater and sitting there waiting for the show to start was a PITA at DHS. But having experienced the non-theater version, I really appreciate it the set-up that they have for the show there.

This is not the best spot for fireworks viewing, but it was pretty sweet to be sitting in a comfortable chair while watching!
Hey, works for me. And if you'd gotten up, you'd probably just be stuck in a crowd trying to move away from the Fantasmic area with a worse view that that one.

I loved having an actual chair to watch from, and it was a big bonus to get to see the fireworks as well.
::yes:: Looks like a good time, and I'd say well worth booking that package. :thumbsup2

I am a bit of a lurker but Ill join in for the game,

the narrator in fantasia introducing sourcers apprentice.
And two points right out of the gates!

I hope you will continue to join in - it's so nice to know that people are reading!

Lots of shows in these updates! I had no idea that Beauty and the Beast show existed, but it looks like fun. The whole narrator thing makes me think of the Frozen Sing-Along style of show.
I can see that. Having seen the Sing-Along now, I will say that it is quite different. The DL B&tB show (and the other shows they do here) - much more, hmm, not sure how to describe it, almost vaudeville-like, I would say. Lots of fun!!!

Fantasmic dessert package sounds pretty sweet, especially having your own chairs. Having to still get in line so early doesn't sound as great. If we end up making it to DL, I'll have to look into what the options are these days to see Fantasmic. I wonder if anything has a chair option anymore?
You know, the chairs were worth the price as sad as that sounds! :laughing:

I think the options now are pull a FP or book a dining option, and I honestly don't know if there are any chair options at all. Before we return, I will DEFINITELY be looking into that though!

No! Was it worth it?
You know, it was painful - I do not do well with waiting in lines. I have very little patience. But yes - it was. It meant so much to Willow. And even though she froze up when she finally met them - just stood there in awe despite her normal talkative nature - it was worth it. She was on cloud 9 afterward. So yes. Had you asked me this question 30 seconds after the meet, my answer may have been different.....

Wow. You guys were in for a treat then!
Very true! And I have heard that the DL version is even better than the DHS one. We certainly enjoyed it!

Both look yummy. Who doesn't love Babybels?
Both were really nice assortments. I wasn't in love with the fact that the gluten-free version had two jello-based desserts :crazy2:, but I honestly can't possibly complain because they were able to actually offer a gluten-free option, which meant I could have a dessert plate. And that was FABULOUS!

Too bad, but I totally get it.
It's the same reason I didn't buy more Zebra Domes.
Who wants to lug food around when there are things to do?
I had read so many reports where people took the rest of their plates back to the hotel, but seriously, I have no idea how they do it. Even if I could find a way to stuff it all in my backpack, I sure as heck wasn't going to want to eat it after it had been steaming in my backpack for hours. :sick:

Good! Glad you guys liked it.
Sometimes I wonder, the way we all (on the DIS) build some things up, if the shows will measure up to your expectations.
I understand that - I often fear that my expectations have been built up too much by the DIS. But you know what? So far, I don't think that has ever happened. Willow had NO idea what Fantasmic! was, and she was just mesmerized. I really didn't need more than that to make me enjoy the experience, but I would have enjoyed it without her joy. It was a great show!

Don't feel bad. That's a tough show to photograph.
Just last week I decided to bite the bullet after about 10 years of arguing with myself and buy a real camera - it arrived yesterday. I have always been so worried about spending all that money and not being able to learn how to use it properly, but I'm determined. With Willow becoming more self-sufficient every day, surely I can fit in yet another "hobby," right????? :rotfl2:

And I can't say either since I haven't seen this one.
But that pirate ship is pretty hard to beat!
I wish I had managed to get a decent shot of it with Pan and the pirates zipping around, but all my pics came out terribly.

Well someone's into bondage... :rolleyes1
:faint:

Nice perk.
Definitely - it would have been next to impossible to move out of there and find a place to see the fireworks, so being able to stick around in CHAIRS and enjoy them from there was a major plus. (I knew about this when I bought the tickets - one of the reasons I decided to make the purchase. ;))

You got a lot of great fireworks shots, but that one's amazing.
That is very kind of you to say, but one of the banes of my existence is never having ever taken a good fireworks pictures. Honestly, I don't think it can be done with a point-and-shoot camera. If it can, it is out of my skill set. Someday I will master my new DSLR to such a level that I can take just one good firework picture, and I will be THRILLED. :laughing:

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes
Thank you so much for continuing to follow along! :goodvibes

Ok, beep beep beep, back up the truck. You've never seen Fantasmic before??? In Dland OR MGM???? Yeah ok, then the premium seating expedition seems all the more worth it now.
I know, right???? :laughing: We have never done well with the late-night shows. Willow is an early-to-bed kid and stays out way later than normal at any Disney park, but it is really hard for her to bounce back with rope drop in the morning and late nights. She just needs a lot of sleep. Messing with it isn't pretty. I'm slightly worried about this summer because I know Maddie is a kid who needs a lot less sleep and Willow will want to keep up, but even at 8 years old, she still just ends up melting into a puddle if she doesn't get enough sleep. :laughing:
Hmm, I hope it was the fruit that got the majority of the dumping. :lmao:
Ummmmm, that MAY have been the case with Willow's, although she does LOVE grapes. But for mine, the gluten-free options were nice to have but jello is not my thing, and the grapes and cheese were REALLY good. So sorry....... :rotfl2:

There are definitely differences between the show on each coast. The atmosphere alone is a huge one. Big stadium vs well, regular Disneyland areas. I think most would say the Dland one is better though. That little Pinocchio section is so cute, and the Peter Pan section is off the charts. Not to mention that Murphy the Dragon is SO MUCH BETTER in Dland. So cool!!
Yeah, I've started paying attention to this lately, and it seems most agree with you - there are just things about the DLR version that make it better. I think the pirate ship and Liberty Belle alone would do it for me based on the pictures I've seen. Maddie LOVES Fantasmic!, so I think we'll finally get our chance to compare this summer! :woohoo:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME Mickey head firework capture Roni!!!! Love that!!
Oh, you are so sweet. Thank you! It's a miracle I caught it at all. I can only imagine what great shots people who really know how to photograph fireworks would have gotten. My technique is to aim my point-and-shoot camera in my line of sight and then just click as frequently as it will allow and hope that I get 1 or 2 semi-decent shots out of dozens. :faint: Can you imagine what my pictures would be like in the days of having to use actual film????

Thanks! After booking my trip for this September the first thing I did was come to the boards and start gobbling up every possible TR I could find
:surfweb:
Well, I'm so glad that you joined in! And I'm excited for your DLR trip!!!!

We did the Fant! Dessert Pkg about 3 years ago and found the same problem of not being able to eat all the treats, and not leaving immediately to save them. We're sad it's gone this year! As a WDW local, I highly recommend the Fant! here. I can see why the one in DL is popular, but the one at DHS has so many more movies from the 90s, the ones I grew up with. Granted, I used to work the concessions there and know the show by heart, so there might be a small bias... :angel:
We really enjoyed the DLR show. And we are traveling with DIS friends this summer who really love the DHS show, so we will almost certainly finally get to see it! How cool that you worked the show area - did you get sick of it, or did you manage to just keep enjoying it?

I love that mickey firework! So cute! Nice picture!
Awww - thank you! I'm so glad people liked it. I was so wishing that I had a "real" camera and some real skills - it could have been awesome!:laughing:

The waiting for seats part doesn't sound great but getting those awesome front row seats looks like a pretty sweet deal. And those treat boxes! Yummy! We haven't seen fantasmic in forever. I think it'd be worth it to do at least once. And having a seat for fireworks--bonus!
Yeah, I was okay with the ridiculous price. Honestly, as lame as it sounds, having an actual chair rather than waiting for two hours on the ground? That was worth a lot to me! :laughing:

Too classy to stink. :thumbsup2
That's totally us!

I saw that theater. Neat location. It is in the middle of everything, yet also kind of hidden off the beaten path. It's just interesting how they have things situated like that around the park. And I love the open air feel of a lot of the shows and attractions. I'd assume the park pretty much shuts down during a rain storm, unlike WDW, but it really does give it a nice vibe.
The princess theater is VERY new - that whole area just arose from nowhere in the last couple of years.

As for rain storms, they are almost non-existent in SoCal, so it's not usually an issue. But if you can possibly stay tuned, you will get some info on that in my January TR because Roni and Willow can ALWAYS be counted on to bring an end to SoCal droughts. I mean, even in the summer, we managed to bring rain our first day - that's unheard of. We have never visited DLR without rain, and no one else has ever visited it WITH rain. :rotfl2:

That's exactly how our kids are too. They never want to go to any shows, yet they usually enjoy the ones we think they'll like. But I guess in our defense, we did drag them to things like HoP, so I guess I can understand their skepticism. :rotfl:
I hear ya! Honestly, though, I don't know why Willow balks at shows. She has never met one she didn't LOVE. She has been going to touring Broadway shows since she was 3 (Lion King, Shrek, Wicked, Sister Act - all in Portland, Oregon) and she has LOVED every one of them. She just becomes ride-focused at Disney parks and can't remember that they will still exist AFTER the show. :laughing: Once she sits down for the show and it starts, she becomes obsessed with it and wants to watch it over and over. THAT is why I occasionally "force" her to do it. I think that's fair. :confused3

Let me summarize. We paid for a package. They told us to be there an hour before, but not to be early. We got there when told and there were tons of people already in the reserved areas. Our seats sucked. Only they weren't even seats. :headache:
DANG!!!!! That is awful!!! I am thinking we were lucky to have our multi-million-dollar dessert package! Which package did you do? Okay - I know I have to wait for your TR, but I want to know!!!!!! It was worth a try! :laughing:

That's just ridiculous. I mean it is a great show, but to spend 2 1/2 hours of park time just camping out there like that?
It's definitely deranged. HOWEVER, this was the height of crowded summer season, and I will say that everyone seemed really happy and comfortable - it was like this was their dinner picnic (almost everyone had picked up dinner or had brought it with them). No one seemed irritated or obnoxious, which lately (in my experience, at least) seems to be a lovely at a Disney park. So it seemed like it worked well for the people who were doing it. I, on the other hand, am an impatient, non-sitting-on-the-ground-40-something and might not have been so pleasant. Which, I guess, is why I had shelled out the big bucks for a chair! :rotfl2:

Ok, I do like that aspect of your package. Well worth the money for this reason alone.

:eek: :eek: :faint: That's just not right...
I know. The 3-hour time change at WDW really sets us back. Willow is a kid who requires a lot of sleep. She is not a night owl, and she just crumbles into a pile of sad goo after any extended period of reduced sleep. That really limits our nighttime show times on the East Coast. :laughing:

Oh no! I guess you really were just paying for a seat anyway. And from my experience and seeing your comfy chair, I'd say money well spent.
Yeah, honestly, the seats were worth the exorbitant price. Did you happen to notice if there was still a seated option when you were there??????

Much, much, much, much, much BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Still like it at DHS, but really, it doesn't hold a candle to DL's version.

Except for the stadium seating. I've always thought the wait, being herded into the theater and sitting there waiting for the show to start was a PITA at DHS. But having experienced the non-theater version, I really appreciate it the set-up that they have for the show there.
Andy - it is great to hear a WDW vet's opinion. Thank you!

I assume that Willow and I will finally experience the DHS version this summer because it is Maddie's fave. I mean, assuming that I don't have to take Willow back to the resort to sleep given her crazy need to sleep a lot every night. :laughing:

Hey, works for me. And if you'd gotten up, you'd probably just be stuck in a crowd trying to move away from the Fantasmic area with a worse view that that one.
Given how quickly the fireworks follow that showing of Fantasmic!, I don't think we could have gotten a better spot at that point. And we had CHAIRS. I couldn't possibly complain.

::yes:: Looks like a good time, and I'd say well worth booking that package. :thumbsup2
It was ridiculously expensive, and yet, I can't complaint at all. :thumbsup2

We really enjoyed the DLR show. And we are traveling with DIS friends this summer who really love the DHS show, so we will almost certainly finally get to see it! How cool that you worked the show area - did you get sick of it, or did you manage to just keep enjoying it?

Yay! I'm glad you'll get to see it! I think working it was one of the more fun hospitality jobs I've had-- the shifts were quick, the people were great, and the show was just that much more fun to watch! It remains a favorite, especially the music. I have a sneaking suspicion that Forever Disneyland might beat it out as my favorite nighttime entertainment, though :p

Even if I could find a way to stuff it all in my backpack, I sure as heck wasn't going to want to eat it after it had been steaming in my backpack for hours. :sick:

mmmmmmmmmmm....... no.

With Willow becoming more self-sufficient every day, surely I can fit in yet another "hobby," right????? :rotfl2:

Having kids is a great way to free up time for yourself so you can pursue other hobbies!

:sad2:

I wish I had managed to get a decent shot of it with Pan and the pirates zipping around, but all my pics came out terribly.

That would be a very hard shot to get... even with a fancy schmancy camera.

The Contest: First person to provide the movie title from which the chapter heading comes gets a point; two points if the character who utters the line is also identified. If the first person doesn’t name the character, the first poster to do so will get a point.

Current Standing:
Courtney (courtneybelle): 17 points
Jill (jedijill): 22 points
pkondz: 15 points
Megan (MonsterWDWmom): 2 points
Shannon (shan23877): 8 points
Lori (STLMickeyMom): 4 points
petals: 1 point
Rob (DisneyKid4Life): 6 points
Dugette: 6 points
Kathy (KatMark): 2 points
Andy (afwdwfan): 4 points
Rory (Woodskeeper): 1 point
Gracefulskinny: 2 points

"Then I was like ... WHOA! Then you were like ... WHOA!"

Day 12H - Tuesday, 5 August 2014 - Disneyland Resort

When the fireworks ended, it was close to 10:00, so we headed out of New Orleans Square with everyone else. But we were not headed back to the hotel! We were going to enjoy a late night tonight, and of course, our first stop would be the Matterhorn, which had been eluding poor Willow all day. And jackpot! The ride was actually running AND the single-rider line was open! :woohoo: We entered the single-rider line at 10:02...

And Willow was in a bobsled and ready to go at 10:03. :thumbsup2

I was placed in the bobsled right behind hers, and we were quickly reunited at the exit.

Of course, we headed right back around to the single-rider line, as we clearly had to make up for the lack of Matterhorn earlier in the day.

If memory serves, we were placed one behind the other this time in the same bobsled. :woohoo:

From the Matterhorn, we headed to Autopia - DL's (much better) version of the Tomorrowland Speedway. It was about 10:20 at this point, and I think we still had to wait about 20 minutes to ride.

Willow's driving has definitely improved since January 2014, and we had a great time doing this ride in the dark.

It was close to 11:00, and the wait for Space Mountain was still posted at 45 minutes, so we headed over to Buzz's Astro Blasters!

Isn't Tomorrowland pretty at night?

We love Buzz's ride at Disneyland because the guns actually come off the vehicle - makes for much better aiming. Not that I can ever actually tell which red dot is mine, but still.....

No dancing, Willow!

I disobeyed you!

We checked on Space again, but the wait was still listed at 45 minutes, and we did see a ton of people heading in. We decided to skip it. But I did have to agree to one more single-rider ride on the Matterhorn.

We had a great time - riding right together again. Willow was psyched about that!

It was after 11:30 when we finished on the Matterhorn, so we walked over to the Tomorrowland monorail station.

We were back at the Disneyland Hotel before midnight.

Up Next: Day 13A

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter