Disneyland in July

Just wanted to comment about what some others have said. LM is at DCA which you said you wanted to skip, but it seems like it is a must do for you! Also, DCA's toy story mania's line never seems to get as bad as WDW's version.

While you said you did not enjoy the Cars movies, do you enjoy Test Track at Epcot? If so, you will LOVE the new ride at Cars land. Sure you might not love the movies, but the main ride (of the three new rides) is a DUELING Test Track that races through mountains. You race another car on a ride which uses the same Test Track system...it is going to be amazing!

DCA also has some rides that can't be found anywere else like California Screaming (an outdoor rollercoaster is is a blast), the Monsters Inc. ride, WoC (a must see imo), and more.

With a two day visit, I really suggest getting the park hopper. DL, while having some rides that are only found at DL, has a lot of the same rides as WDW. Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Star Tours are just some of the rides that are found in both parks. Sure some of them are really different from the WDW version, but its the same general theme. With a park hopper you will be able to see all of the rides that can ONLY be found at the DL resort.

We've been there twice in early July over the past 3 years. The park is busy and it's hot but I wouldn't call it extremely crowded.

With 2 young kids, we pretty much get everything we want done in 2 days. First day we go commando style and hit all the rides we *MUST* do. Then the pressure is off and we take it much slower on the 2nd day.

Keep in mind that "hot" is very relative! Compared to where I am in summer, Anaheim is very pleasant, temperature-wise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter