Disneyland in August...

I second the single rider line for Indy. Both times I've done it, it only took 10-15min to get on. Don't do it for Soarin' though, it really doesn't save any time there. In DL they also have SRL for Matterhorn and Splash Mtn, at DCA it's RSR, Soarin', Grizzly, Screamin', and Goofy's Sky School. One thing to remember about fast passes is that they are now enforcing the return times. You used to be able to return any time after your window opened, but no longer.

The 60th anniversary festivities, including the new night parade, fireworks show, and new WOC show, are due to kick off on May 22nd. You have picked such a great time to go!

INTERESTING!!!! Every time I tell folks to grab fast pass for space mountain, one particular member of this site always butts in and tells me that i am in error, that there is no fastpass for Space Mountain. I have been sucker punched or maybe i was dispensing incorrect info when the fast pass was down. My apology's Brian, and I will back away from giving info on your trip or just better yet back away from this site altogether. i have always wanted to help folks and use my 50 years in the park, but there seems to be a hierarchy here and best not to disturb. Back to the top of my mountain and float under the cabins. Good luck Brian, you are at the spot in life that many of wish we could gather back into our Disney DNA, that first magical step thru the tunnel, and though I don't remember my walk as a 5 year old or 6 yea old, life as an 8 year old standing in front of that castle has changed everything.

Oh, no sir! Feel free to give all the advice you want! We're all here for the same reason, because we love one of the best things this country has ever produced! Everyone's knowledge on any subject related to the Disneyland Resort is valid as far as I'm concerned!

And thank you; I'm still giddy! 25 is a heck of an age to walk onto Main Street for the first time; you can appreciate the place from two different perspectives simultaneously!

Brian everyone has different opinions of how to do the parks. From what I understand you have three days, maybe 3 1/2, for me and I just did a fri, sat and sun late jan/ early feb. I will say I had EE. One EE day we hit fantasyland, then tomorrowland. The other EE day we hit tomorrowland then if we want fantasyland. If fantasy first we hit pp, dumbo and Alice, then all the others, be at storybook right when it opens at park opening, since we find this a long line. If tomorrowland we hit space, star tours, buzz and subs, then hit autotopia right when park opens. Matterhorn can fit in either day. If it is very low attendance we then go into the other land. After the park opens, and we got off that ride we hit when park opened, so about 9:10 we head to splash, then go down the row, splash, HM, POTC, Indy and jungle cruise, we find we get on everything with little to no wait except maybe Indy, which may be a 20 min wait by the time you get there. We usually send a runner to get BTM before we get on Indy, if you think it is real crowded, pick up an Indy FP as you start up to splash by the time you get back down it will be about time. With this plan, we almost always are done by noon and ready for a nap, swim and lunch. Then we head back in at night to do things a second time, it really starts to die down when the second show of F! Is done and a lot of things can be walk on, so when we go back in around 5, we leisurely walk around, take in shows on Main Street, can finish a few rides in fantasyland which usually don't get long lines, like toad, pin, and Snow White. Get a desert, go to tiki room. By then It is time for fireworks, parade and/or F!. After that we hit splash, HM, POTC again, not to much of a wait. Never Indy twice, I'm with you, once each visit is enough. If on the other side do space, Star Wars, buzz again. Then the monorail to dtd.

On our DCA day, again we have EE, so we do RS, I would not miss it, I like it but sont love it, but that's because I like test track in WDW much better. Personal preference. Then we head to toy story, and scream, then walk around the pier doing everything. We then get a fast pass to soaring, eat lunch, do soaring. Then leave for our swim, nap and what not. Then when we come back we get a tower of terror pass and do monsters, sing along with Elsa and anna if you want, maybe crush if you want, then it's time for fast pass. And line up for WOC.

We have always been able to get on all big rides at least once each day, and many times two or three times. People who say why get a room at dlh, well it's for EE, we have always been able to get on RS, toy story three times, and maybe screaming once or twice before the park even opens, and when it is open we are already in line for soaring, or Olaf before the crowds. But this plan also works very well if you don't have EE. Just remember that FP are best used for the longest lines, space, splash and Indy,at DL, and RS, tot and soaring at dca, I would say toy story but I dont think they have a FP, they do in WDW but not DL and I always mix them up, but if they do, get one for toys and forget tot.

Hope this helps. I am your age, I wish I could experience if for the first time at 25, but my mom is a Disney fan and I have gone at least yearly since I was a baby, quite a task since I was raised by a single mom. I'll now have to thank her and tell her how much I love her, thanks a lot. This year do to really bad illnesses in the family last year we are going to try to make it four times. We went jan/feb, we will go april, middle aug, and at least once more in oct, maybe even and early dec.

It helps a great deal! Thanks so much for all of your insight! There's definitely some stuff I'm going to have to consider. It's great to hear you've been able to go to the parks so many times too! I bet the thrill of walking through those front gates, regardless of what side of the country you're on, is something that never quite goes away.

It's always great to hear from park regulars that can back each other up on this stuff; I hope to become one of those myself one day, even if it is just once a year!

Seriously, you have no idea how great it is to basically be told that you'll be able to see everything you want to; I'll be honest, I was a bit worried there for a second.

It sounds like Walt Disney World is your main park too; I want to get down there eventually, but I think you have to visit the first park first to appreciate the rest of 'em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter