Disneyland Hotels

gilld

<font color=deeppink>Will just have the butler ope
My DH and I are planning a touring holiday to California and Nevada next year. We plan on using some of our WDW DVC points to stay at one of the Disneyland Hotels in LA for a week. Does anyone have any comments/advice as to which one we should stay at?

Thanks...

PS How warm/busy is it likely to be the second half of September?

DVC has just decreased points needed to stay at the DLH. We are staying in November and the points were 31, they are now 23 per night. They discounted standard, premium and concierge. Only for the DLH! The GC and PP are still the same. Maybe this info. might help!

I'm a huge fan of the Grand Californian. However, with the decrease in points, I'd stay at the Disneyland Hotel.
Late September is still nice and warm in Southern California. You're temperature range should be mid 70's - low 80's with it cooling off in the PM. Bring a sweater and or jeans for the evening.

I can only speak to DLH and Paradise Pier. I love the Disneyland Hotel the most. Just love the spacious rooms, lovely grounds and the Neverland Pool. It is hands down our favorite hotel to stay at anywhere. We stayed at the Paradise Pier once and had a great time but didn't enjoy it quite as much as the Disneyland Hotel. They have put in a pretty cool pool slide but their pool still cannot compare to the Neverland Pool. PP also has very nice, large rooms. Ours had a sofa that made into a daybed, very nice. Many of the rooms at the DLH also have daybeds, they also have rollaways for free. Very nice perk if you have two kids who can't sleep together. You might want to check out expedia.com. That is where is usually find the best deals for both of those hotels. We are staying at PP for $128 a night (includes tax) in September for four nights. You can't beat that! I know a lot of people think staying onsite at Disneyland is a waste but I don't agree, especially if you can get a good rate, have DVC points to use up or don't mind paying for a little magic!

Disneyland Hotel, Hands down. GC is beautiful but has smaller rooms and the pools are not as nice. I've stayed at a lot of the surrounding hotels and have not been nearly as happy as I am at DLH. If I'm not in my RV you can find me there.

Hi!! What is DVC??? Points?! Please tell me what this is. I stay at the DLH all the time, and I can use free rooms!! Please respond, thanks in advance, Patty

ploeb said:
Hi!! What is DVC??? Points?! Please tell me what this is. I stay at the DLH all the time, and I can use free rooms!! Please respond, thanks in advance, Patty

Stands for Disney Vacation Club (Disney's Timeshare). The points cost about $95 each to buy in and then about $4 per point every year for maintanence. So, I wouldn't call the rooms FREE. ;)

And, whatever you've paid for your points, most members will tell you that spending them at DL is NOT the most cost-effective way to use your DVC points. :earboy2:

Blackunicorn said:
And, whatever you've paid for your points, most members will tell you that spending them at DL is NOT the most cost-effective way to use your DVC points. :earboy2:

Usually but not in this case! For the weekend we are going DVC studio @ beach club villas would run 23 points. The DLH is the same 23 points! :cool1: We are so much closer to DL than WDW that we CAN do a weekend @ DL no problem. When we go to WDW we need at least a week.

Can't speak to the others, but stayed at DL hotel last week. At first the rooms seemed like any hotel room, but he disney touches are nice, and we actually saw fireworks in a non view room. My dd loved the pool, fish ponds and waterfalls. The convience was great, and service was good. (room service on time and nice) rooms done nice. I'd stay there again.

We just returned from the weekend at the Grand Californian. I have to say I preferred it over the Disneyland Hotel. There is still alot of magic here. I loved the little touches like the turn down every evening with the Mickey,Bambi and Thumper chocolate coins, (which is now a huge selling point for my DD). Also it just cannot be beat in proximity to the parks. It was so convenient to both parks we also loved the activities set up in the hotel. While I concur that the DLH has an awesome array of pools, my daughter loved the GC pool and if we wanted to we could have pool hopped over to the Disneyland Hotel or the Paradise Pier Hotel, a luxury which is not available to you if you choose to stay at either of the two other hotels.

It all depends on what you want, I have yet to stay at the Paradise Pier hotel so I cannot base my opinions on all three hotels. We will be staying at the PP hotel in August to try it out but we have booked the Grand Californian in September for my DD birthday.

I think whatever you choose you cannot go wrong. Good Luck.

MandaMom

For the weekend we are going DVC studio @ beach club villas would run 23 points. The DLH is the same 23 points!

Yes, but you have to admit, that's only applicable to the weekend, and the rates during the week aren't comparable. Plus, I've stayed on points before, and the rates were NOT this low! I hope this means something good for those of us in the DVC who like to travel to the West Coast! :flower:

While I concur that the DLH has an awesome array of pools, my daughter loved the GC pool and if we wanted to we could have pool hopped over to the Disneyland Hotel or the Paradise Pier Hotel, a luxury which is not available to you if you choose to stay at either of the two other hotels.

Not necessarily true. It depends on who you talk to and when. The previous two times we've stayed at the PPH, we were able to pool hop to the DLH with no problem. According to the PPH cast members at that time, the GC guests weren't allowed to pool hop at all. (This was also told to us by the cast members at the reservations line.) I've heard all kinds of different stories, and I'm starting to think that if you want to do something, just try it, because none of the cast members really know what's going on. (No offense to the cast members! I just think that Disney might not be communicating well with them.) :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!