Disneyland Halloween question

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by susan550, May 2, 2013.

1. susan550

susan550 Earning My Ears

Hello everyone.I wondered if anyone knows exactly when Space Mountain in Disneyland park is changed to Ghost Galaxy?We're going in September but really want to avoid the ghost theme...it would almost ruin the trip for my kids.Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Welcome!

4. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

5. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

Moving this to the Disneyland forum.

6. Girimama33

Girimama33 "I've disgraced the forces of evil."

During the month of September, Space Mountain will either be closed for the overlay or open with the Ghost Galaxy. It usually closes right after Labor Day.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

7. 3Minnies1Mickey

3Minnies1Mickey <font color=magenta>Just wanted to add, this is no

The guess is that Halloween season will start sept 13 this year. So it'll get changed over right after Labor Day.

8. Goofy_Mom

Goofy_Mom Disney Princess

I seem to recall the overlay doesn't take very long, a week usually, because they're mostly projections. It's not like HMH where they have to pretty much re-decorate the entire mansion. you may get lucky if you're going the first week of September.

9. messybug

messybug Earning My Ears

I'm so looking forward to seeing DL all decked out. Never crossed my mind that the ghosts just might freak out my ds. Crossing my fingers he gets brave over the next 147 days ;)

10. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Yeah, my son is seriously NOT a fan of Ghost Galaxy. Nor am I, actually. But I ended up making it worse for him. How, you ask? I was behind him and DH, they were in the front seats of the ride vehicle. I felt bad for DS because I knew he was nervous, and I put my hand on his head or shoulder, can't remember which one I could reach, just at the time the first huge gigantic ghost demon shows up. He, of course, thought it was the ghost demon (demon ghost?). Dagnabbit.

He knows, and knew, it was me, but he FELT that it was the big scary thing, and it just won't leave his mind.

I might never get him on Space with the overlay again.