Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend September 4-6, 2015 10th Anniversary

Thanks Kim for posting this !!!

Hey...Thanks to SWA sale and all my points...I'm flying down to go to D23 on Friday and hopefully hit the park too. Very short trip and will be back home before the hubby and mouseketter misses me.
I'm excited for the expo !!!
So... details lady, details!! :goodvibes I saw the stuff online and it looked amazing. Saw a bag someone had on instagram and I don't know if it was 2 sided or different bags but 1 was all the castles on 1 landscape and the other was all the HMs on 1 landscape w/ the hitchhiking ghosts in the forefront. :love:

How busy does Disneyland and/Or DCA get on Sept 5th for the 5k?

Were thinking about going to DL but was wondering if it will be overly crowded? Like Christmas time crowded?

There'll be crowds but it's nowhere near Christmas that weekend. 1st hour of park open should be the quietest as runners might still be showering and then that evening if runners go back early for the night before the 10k.

Well, after that pacing run.... I went right home and submitted the deferral :headache: Ah well, I'll just look at it as having a whole lot of extra time to train for the 2016 race once the baby's here. My son's still participating in the kid's race, so I still have to do packet pickup on Thursday, though, lol!

Good luck to everyone! Hope to run with all of you next year!
Oh, that's not good, but you have a great reason. :goodvibes And it means another trip back next year guaranteed. Have fun at the AP party and good luck w/ the rest of your pregnancy!

No running this past week. :mad: Came back from DL w/ a cold that I thought was getting better but got a lot worse and now includes an ear infection and of course our little heat wave didn't help at all. Feeling somewhat better and back to normal today so hopefully I can get to bed and early wake up for 16 tomorrow. Fingers crossed. On the upside, everything is done or printed out for costumes, now just to iron on the transfers and I'm done. Only 3 more weeks!!! :mickeyjum :dumbo:

So... details lady, details!! :goodvibes I saw the stuff online and it looked amazing. Saw a bag someone had on instagram and I don't know if it was 2 sided or different bags but 1 was all the castles on 1 landscape and the other was all the HMs on 1 landscape w/ the hitchhiking ghosts in the forefront. :love:

I'm glad I went for one day only. It's really difficult with the crowds and long lines. It's funny, a guy who works at Pixar sat next to me on the flight down. Since I had gotten up at 3:00 am, I slept on the flight instead of talking Pixar. I was at the convention center after cking in at the hotel around 9:20 and it was chaos. Not organized chaos but was able to get will call ticket and line up with the "gold members" finally got in around 10:00. I can't complain since other people had been lining up for hours in the heat and the lines were insanely long. I just checked out the floor exhibits and the DL archive exhibit which was worth the trip down. The floor itself is something to see with all the different pavilions/exhibits. Didn't see the purse you mentioned....I did not go to the Dream Store or the Disney Store...the lines where 3+ hrs long just to get in. I did make it into Mickey's of Glendale (a little over a hour to get in) I love this store and always make sure I visit it...Imagineering merch and picked up a couple of cool tee shirts and some pens, pencils Imagineering stationary stuff. New Balance was there...in a very small booth. It funny since I'm used to them having SO MUCH room at the running expos. They had one type of shoe and some tee shirts for sell. Van shoes had very cute Mickey Mouse and character shoes and merch. Try on a pair and wasn't a comfy fit. There were a lot of really good costumes. I stayed about 5 hrs and that was enough. I was hungry and needed to rest so I could hit the park for the parade and fireworks. Was able to get back to the park Sat. morning for a little while before my flight back home. I am glad I went but I'm still recovering. I swear this expo thing is harder than any 1/2 marathon. Hopefully you are able to go next expo and check things out.

Sunday morning attempted to go for a long run....well 5 miles in, with the smoke from the fires and it was 91 degrees we stopped. So it's dreadmill time for me this week.

Did you feel the earthquake this morning ??? :scared:

Well, after that pacing run.... I went right home and submitted the deferral :headache: Ah well, I'll just look at it as having a whole lot of extra time to train for the 2016 race once the baby's here. My son's still participating in the kid's race, so I still have to do packet pickup on Thursday, though, lol!

Good luck to everyone! Hope to run with all of you next year!
Awww! Well, good luck next year and with the baby!

So... I have done 2 prior runs. Both times at the Expo I have picked up my bib, gone upstairs, picked up my shirt, and seen some of the booths to buy what appears to be general running merchandise. Is there a separate area, or an area I am missing, where they sell Disney, run-specific merchandise that I have been missing????

Our DIS Runners
Post below once you've registered for the 5K, 10K, Half and/or DDD to be added to our list of fellow DIS runners.
Last year we had just under 70 DIS-Disneyland runners, how many will there be this year?

Disneyland Half Marathon

almacdonald
Belle Ella
chrisaman
chris1013
Corpsebride
c3ltspirit - DDD
DLR29 - DDD
junmatno - DDD
keels
kez518
kim3339 - DDD
MaryJ
pigletliz
RadioFanatic - DDD
roselark - DDD
Sir Aaron - DDD
The_Banking_Scot
VickiHD
zanzibar138

Disneyland 10K

Beamo2014
c3ltspirit - DDD
DisneyFan13us
DLR29 - DDD
junmatno - DDD
kim3339 - DDD
Lauren in NC
MrsPinup
pamster
RadioFanatic - DDD
roselark - DDD
Sir Aaron - DDD
ten6mom

Disneyland 5K

c3ltspirit
courtneybeth
dduckfan
kim3339
MaleficentRN
roselark
zanzibar138
We're in for DDD

So... I have done 2 prior runs. Both times at the Expo I have picked up my bib, gone upstairs, picked up my shirt, and seen some of the booths to buy what appears to be general running merchandise. Is there a separate area, or an area I am missing, where they sell Disney, run-specific merchandise that I have been missing????

Yep, it's generally on the far side of the expo, just on the other side of where the stage is. Pretty much opposite of where you pick up your race bag with your shirt :)

Yep, it's generally on the far side of the expo, just on the other side of where the stage is. Pretty much opposite of where you pick up your race bag with your shirt :)

Thank you! I need to stop missing out but it seems like we're always in such a hurry!

I'm glad I went for one day only. It's really difficult with the crowds and long lines. It's funny, a guy who works at Pixar sat next to me on the flight down. Since I had gotten up at 3:00 am, I slept on the flight instead of talking Pixar. I was at the convention center after cking in at the hotel around 9:20 and it was chaos. Not organized chaos but was able to get will call ticket and line up with the "gold members" finally got in around 10:00. I can't complain since other people had been lining up for hours in the heat and the lines were insanely long. I just checked out the floor exhibits and the DL archive exhibit which was worth the trip down. The floor itself is something to see with all the different pavilions/exhibits. Didn't see the purse you mentioned....I did not go to the Dream Store or the Disney Store...the lines where 3+ hrs long just to get in. I did make it into Mickey's of Glendale (a little over a hour to get in) I love this store and always make sure I visit it...Imagineering merch and picked up a couple of cool tee shirts and some pens, pencils Imagineering stationary stuff. New Balance was there...in a very small booth. It funny since I'm used to them having SO MUCH room at the running expos. They had one type of shoe and some tee shirts for sell. Van shoes had very cute Mickey Mouse and character shoes and merch. Try on a pair and wasn't a comfy fit. There were a lot of really good costumes. I stayed about 5 hrs and that was enough. I was hungry and needed to rest so I could hit the park for the parade and fireworks. Was able to get back to the park Sat. morning for a little while before my flight back home. I am glad I went but I'm still recovering. I swear this expo thing is harder than any 1/2 marathon. Hopefully you are able to go next expo and check things out.

Sunday morning attempted to go for a long run....well 5 miles in, with the smoke from the fires and it was 91 degrees we stopped. So it's dreadmill time for me this week.

Did you feel the earthquake this morning ??? :scared:
I can't believe the wait for the stores! That is way crazier than expos. I'm sure that guy was grateful he didn't have to talk shop before the expo to give him a little break before the crazy. :goodvibesI did the same thing when I lived in San Diego and was coming back from spring training. I was so tired I slept on the flight home and was sitting next to a guy from the Padres. Although I kick myself now, b/c had I, I might be working for them now. :rotfl2:Is Mickey's of Glendale the outlet place? I've heard of that one before and was thinking about stopping in during SW b/c I'm driving for that one.

Are the fires better now by you? I heard on the news this morning there was a metal factory overnight in Vallejo. No earthquake felt here, although probably just slept through it.

What time do they stop passing out packets on Friday?

Expo closes at 8, so I would guess around 7:45-8 b/c you get your bibs downstairs and shirt and drop bag upstairs. I got to Tink on Thurs this year I think around 7 and walked right up to each bib stop, shirt pickup and store register.

I am getting so excited for race weekend. Did anybody see the bag you get if you're going to the party? I love it! Hope everybody's last bits of training are going well, I have a 1/2 Sun and if I finish it's number 29 lining up DL to be #30. :banana: And everything is printed out for costumes and ready for ironing tomorrow so all I'll have left is packing. (My packing list may or may not be already done.)

I can't believe the wait for the stores! That is way crazier than expos. I'm sure that guy was grateful he didn't have to talk shop before the expo to give him a little break before the crazy. :goodvibesI did the same thing when I lived in San Diego and was coming back from spring training. I was so tired I slept on the flight home and was sitting next to a guy from the Padres. Although I kick myself now, b/c had I, I might be working for them now. :rotfl2:Is Mickey's of Glendale the outlet place? I've heard of that one before and was thinking about stopping in during SW b/c I'm driving for that one.

Are the fires better now by you? I heard on the news this morning there was a metal factory overnight in Vallejo. No earthquake felt here, although probably just slept through it.

Expo closes at 8, so I would guess around 7:45-8 b/c you get your bibs downstairs and shirt and drop bag upstairs. I got to Tink on Thurs this year I think around 7 and walked right up to each bib stop, shirt pickup and store register.

I am getting so excited for race weekend. Did anybody see the bag you get if you're going to the party? I love it! Hope everybody's last bits of training are going well, I have a 1/2 Sun and if I finish it's number 29 lining up DL to be #30. :banana: And everything is printed out for costumes and ready for ironing tomorrow so all I'll have left is packing. (My packing list may or may not be already done.)

Are you doing the Giants half on Sunday?
If you are, I'm there for the 10k!

Kim
Mickey's of Glendale is not the outlet place. It's where you can purchase WED and WD Imagineering merchandise. It's always really cool stuff and on the unique side. Since it's a store for the imagineers.....the prices are lower than what we are used to at the park.

Oh no--more fires. We are totally smoke free here. Glad you didn't feel the quake. \

Where is you 1/2 this weekend? Good luck with it !! We're planning to get our really LONG last run in on Sun. I have not even started pulling things together for packing...I just finished unpacking from last weekend.

Do you know of any close family friendly beach (ie bathroom preferable clean) that is near the park? Any suggestions would be great. We're going to try for a beach day on Friday

Last edited:
Are you doing the Giants half on Sunday?
If you are, I'm there for the 10k!

I am! I wasn't going to, b/c it's waste to drive all the way up there for 10 min to get my bib and drive home (really wish they'd have day of pick-up) but counted out my races a while back and really wanted DL to be 30 so I added it. Good luck w/ the 10k! The weather looks incredible, I can't wait.

Good to know about the store. Thanks! As for beaches, the closest I can think of is Huntington Beach. It's kinda like Santa Cruz and they have a pier w/ a restaurant at the end of it. Depending on traffic, I think it's about 30 min away from DL. The other one that's further out but a ton to do is Santa Monica. They have the pier w/ carnival type stuff, a nice beach and 3rd Street Promenade w/ shops a few blocks up. Downside is that it's 45-50 min on a good day and you'll have rush hour traffic going out and coming back so it'll take longer. You just go up the 5 to the 10 and it takes you straight there.

Oh my gosh Vicki! I just googled the store and I soooo have to kidnap a CM to go there, it looks incredible. :love:

Oh my gosh Vicki! I just googled the store and I soooo have to kidnap a CM to go there, it looks incredible. :love:

It was !!! I bought a bunch of "school supplies" for the mouseketeer like pens, pencils, highlighters, and paint brush pencils. Totally geeked out on Imagineering school supplies. You NEED to go in two year. We can help each other out in the long lines. :rolleyes1
Thanks for the beach info...I think we're going to try Huntington.

I am! I wasn't going to, b/c it's waste to drive all the way up there for 10 min to get my bib and drive home (really wish they'd have day of pick-up) but counted out my races a while back and really wanted DL to be 30 so I added it. Good luck w/ the 10k! The weather looks incredible, I can't wait.

Good to know about the store. Thanks! As for beaches, the closest I can think of is Huntington Beach. It's kinda like Santa Cruz and they have a pier w/ a restaurant at the end of it. Depending on traffic, I think it's about 30 min away from DL. The other one that's further out but a ton to do is Santa Monica. They have the pier w/ carnival type stuff, a nice beach and 3rd Street Promenade w/ shops a few blocks up. Downside is that it's 45-50 min on a good day and you'll have rush hour traffic going out and coming back so it'll take longer. You just go up the 5 to the 10 and it takes you straight there.

Good luck on half #29 tomorrow!!!! Love the race shirt!

Random question, sorry if this has been asked before but can anyone attend the expo? We're not running this time but i'd love to check out the booths and the merchandise? tia! :)

Random question, sorry if this has been asked before but can anyone attend the expo? We're not running this time but i'd love to check out the booths and the merchandise? tia! :)
Yes, anyone can attend the expo.

New Balance announced today Donald shoes for the weekend. They're also doing kids shoes of these and the Tink ones. And like they did at Tink, Thurs the virtual queue is for runners only and you have to add in your bib #, and Fri and Sat you won't need your bib #. I really like them and the little black ribbon on the back. Here's a basic look and then the article below.
Donald_Tuck_CMS%20Header.jpg

http://www.newbalance.com/article?id=3411&ecid=so_IG_cmsrun_EVDISDD_mk

Less than 2 weeks!!!

Yes, anyone can attend the expo.

New Balance announced today Donald shoes for the weekend. They're also doing kids shoes of these and the Tink ones. And like they did at Tink, Thurs the virtual queue is for runners only and you have to add in your bib #, and Fri and Sat you won't need your bib #. I really like them and the little black ribbon on the back. Here's a basic look and then the article below.
View attachment 119174

http://www.newbalance.com/article?id=3411&ecid=so_IG_cmsrun_EVDISDD_mk

Less than 2 weeks!!!

I think they're adorable! I couldn't run in them though but I might get some for walking anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter