Disneyland For Big People?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by razza1987, Sep 25, 2012.

1. razza1987

razza1987 Mouseketeer

I'd like to know the same thing

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lalasmama

lalasmama DIS Veteran

I'm guessing the issue would be getting the chest restraint in enough to "latch" into place--that's what holds you in on the ride.

My sister is Pooh-sized (over 300, carried around her middle), and has this issue with many rides at amusement parks in the past. She can fit in the seat, but when the chest restraint comes down, she can't get it to the first (largest) locking part. And if it's not locked, you aren't restrained!

4. Feej

Feej Mouseketeer

I going to *try* to be very sensitive here, so I hope it doesn't come out the wrong way, but I was wondering if part of the problem with your sister is above her middle too?

Once again, sorry if I sound insensitive, but I wanted to ask. :)

5. razza1987

razza1987 Mouseketeer

lol above her middle. That made me giggle

6. lalasmama

lalasmama DIS Veteran

LOL, that was a very nice way to ask :) No, her issue isn't due to the size of the "girls," it's all her tummy.

7. razza1987

razza1987 Mouseketeer

mine is all in my tummy too and I would like to know what the problem was cause I am interested in riding screamin

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

8. Feej

Feej Mouseketeer

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread to confirm I had no problem with riding CA Screamin' on my trip in October. In fact, I was quite comfy. :)

9. coaches24

coaches24 DIS Veteran

I'm 6'0 and was at 295 in May when we went. The only issue I have on rides is leg room. My knees get smashed on some rides. But I was able to squirm into Gadgets go coaster with DD in may. Winnie the Pooh I always ask to sit in front because there is a LOT more leg room in front. The back seats are terrible for me. I have to sit side ways. Im not a big roller coaster person so won't go on screamin but BTMRR, Space, splash, etc are no issue. Haven't been on the Matterhorn since I was 12 and much smaller but I think I will try it out next trip.