Disneyland Edition

bjmort

Mouseketeer
hi all,

I've been trying to get into the disneyland edition however I cannot stand how they scream over each other. It makes it unbearable to listen to. I actually feel like yelling at them myself to stay stop yelling over one another.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

I've only listened to one DL edition and it was the one that pete and the Orlando team crashed earlier this year.
I've now downloaded the series for the 60th anniversary that Michael is doing and I'm LOVING listening to him talk about DL history.

I know Tom visitors the Disunplugged boards a bit, so he will see this and maybe take the constructive criticism on board

The "issue" that the DL podcast has to deal with is that they are not all in the same room when recording so they can't see each other to pick up on visual clues as to when they should talk. Add to that a healthy enthusiasm for the subject and you get the situation that at times (not always) becomes difficult to listen to. I know the podcasters are aware of this, its just difficult to find a solution.

is it just me or was there recent conversion about magic bands and my magic plus have some errors in it for example there was an instance that you could put credit cards on your band. Nothing is on the band I repeat nothing is on the band just like how your money in your bank isn't on your debit card. Magic bands and key to the wold cards just create a link between you and the information on your MDE account that's it. Also charging to the band is a perk for onsite guest only you cant have a card attached to your band with out a WDW stay.

Also if it comes to Disneyland I see Fast pass plus being very different then with WDW as poel are more lily to use day of fast passes then ones booked in advance like at WDW due to there being more locals and less people who plan more in advance.

is it just me or was there recent conversion about magic bands and my magic plus have some errors in it for example there was an instance that you could put credit cards on your band. Nothing is on the band I repeat nothing is on the band just like how your money in your bank isn't on your debit card. Magic bands and key to the wold cards just create a link between you and the information on your MDE account that's it. Also charging to the band is a perk for onsite guest only you cant have a card attached to your band with out a WDW stay.

Also if it comes to Disneyland I see Fast pass plus being very different then with WDW as poel are more lily to use day of fast passes then ones booked in advance like at WDW due to there being more locals and less people who plan more in advance.

I think that kind of underscores the point I was trying to make, that Disneyland fans don't really know the "enemy". It's FastPass+ they will have a problem with, not MagicBands.

My mistake about adding a credit card. I could've sworn when I was setting up my MDE and attaching MagicBands that it asked me if I wanted to attach a credit card. Ugh! Nancy was right.

no worries that part is a bit confusing as you can only do it if you have a room booked.

I think it's a little confusing in general. I have a CC stored in MDE (had to for the CC cancellation fees when making ADRs). We were asked at check in at YC if we wanted to link the CC to our magic bands. We did not want to, so we said no. So even though there was a CC# in our MDE account, it was not accessible via our magic bands.

I think that kind of underscores the point I was trying to make, that Disneyland fans don't really know the "enemy". It's FastPass+ they will have a problem with, not MagicBands.

My mistake about adding a credit card. I could've sworn when I was setting up my MDE and attaching MagicBands that it asked me if I wanted to attach a credit card. Ugh! Nancy was right.

You can add a credit card on your MDE account. When you get a resort stay MB, you have the option of linking it to your card so you can just "tap and pay." Those who have AP MBs can't have it linked unless they're staying on site. That is my only issue with the new system. If I'm at the Swolphin, my AP band won't give me charging privileges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter