Disneyland DIS Meet During ALA in Anaheim

Discussion in 'Dis Meets' started by Bompy213, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Bompy213

Bompy213 Mouseketeer

Hey Librarians/Disney Fans! I will be attending the American Library Association Conference in Anaheim this June 27 - July 4. Is there anyone interested in meeting up that will also be there for the conference? I wonder how many librarian/Disney fans there are out there?!?!?!? : )

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jedi_librarian

jedi_librarian DIS Veteran<br><font color=1eb53a>I am a cranky pe

<---------JEALOUS that I'm not going to ALA this year! And such a perfect location too!!!!

4. Bompy213

Bompy213 Mouseketeer

Spread the word if you know anyone else going!

5. Bompy213

Bompy213 Mouseketeer

Looking over the conference schedule (early bird registration ends tomorrow) and it seems like a meet would make sense during the ALA/Proquest Scholarship Bash on Saturday Night. Otherwise we can meet up on Monday evening. Let me know your thoughts.

6. lowe@massed.net

lowe@massed.net I live for Disney vacations!

Hey Bompy! I'll be there for the Bash. Just ordered my 5-day park hoppers this week. I'm arriving Wed. 6/25 and leaving Wed. 7/2.

I'll be with a bunch of wild school librarians from Massachusetts. :cool1: There have to be more Disney-fan librarians out there. Have you thought about postng something on the ALA Annual wiki?

7. Bompy213

Bompy213 Mouseketeer

That's a good idea. How would I add that to the Wiki? Disney fans where are you??????

8. Bompy213

Bompy213 Mouseketeer

9. lowe@massed.net

Bumping this to the top. There have to be more of our kind out there, Bompy! :confused: C'mon, show yourselves!

10. MommyBuzz909

MommyBuzz909 Disneyland Doll

I live about 20 minutes away from Anaheim - I'm game for a meetup....

What kind of place would you guys want to do it at? I know that area WAY too well!!!

11. Bompy213

Bompy213 Mouseketeer

Coca Cola Refreshment Corner
    8:45PM
    **Meet by the Piano!
    **This will be a good spot to watch the 9:00PM fireworks!

See you there! PM me if you have any questions or want to definitely confirm your attendance. :)

More info at the ALA Wiki: http://wikis.ala.org/annual2008/index.php/Unofficial_Events

12. NannyB

NannyB Earning My Ears

Do any librarians know if ProQuest have rented out the entire park for the Scholarship bash? The closing times on the calendar are normal but I know that sometimes that does not mean that they don't close down early for special events.

Don't know if I will be anywhere near the meeting site at 8:45 but will put it in my calendar.

13. lowe@massed.net

Hi NannyB!
    The parks are open to the public for their usual hours during the Bash. Hope to see you there! :hippie:

14. Bompy213

Bompy213 Mouseketeer

I designed a new shirt for our ALA DisMeet! :cutie: I have not heard from Zazzle about the content so I think this secon attempt with a new design worked out better (if I should hear from them I will notify you all ASAP).

Check out the tee at: http://www.zazzle.com/bompy213

Hope to see fellow DisMeeters in these "unofficial" tees! Don't forget that you can choose to have the artwork on a different style tee then the one I chose.

Oh, and you can use promo code: BJFKSXHRJLIIYVUAOVPN Good for $5 off a purchase over $20. Expires 6/8/08.

See you Saturday, June 28th!!!!

15. MinniMama

MinniMama addicted to the mouse

Will try to meet you there! We are originally from MA/NH and now have a foundation that sets up lending libraries in Central America and Nicaragua.