• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Dining Plan questions?

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
We have a credit card that accumulates points and then you redeem them for anything. Well I checked today and we have 1768 points which is a $1768.00 credit to be used on anything. We have enough points to cover our six day park hopper passes for our family of five. We still have quite a bit of points left over. Normally I would not buy the Disneyland dining plan due to the restrictions and no cost savings to me. However I would redeem my cc points for it (the dining plan)...just like free dining! My question is...Can you get the dining package by booking room only or do you have to book a package? My second question is ...If I can book with room only how does my cc TA book this plan(she has never even heard of it?)?

I'm nowhere near an expert. But if I were in your shoes, I think I'd see if I could just cash those points out for gift cards or something like that. Perhaps Disney Dollars as well. And then just pay for food in that way. Because frankly, the dining plan sounds annoying. :) (though I've now considered it twice, just to get the food-payment out of the way ahead of time)

Congrats on having so many points, by the way!

I'm nowhere near an expert. But if I were in your shoes, I think I'd see if I could just cash those points out for gift cards or something like that. Perhaps Disney Dollars as well. And then just pay for food in that way. Because frankly, the dining plan sounds annoying. :) (though I've now considered it twice, just to get the food-payment out of the way ahead of time)

Congrats on having so many points, by the way!

Now THAT"s a great idea! Thanks very much!:thumbsup2

I called the cc travel agency. I cannot purchase gift cards with our points. I actually have to purchase something...eg: dining plan. She is going to call and see if we can redeem the remainder of our points for the dining plan. Not the best option but again better than a kick in the rear end with a frozen boot!

What cc is it that you collected so many points on (I noticed you are also from Canada)? Just wondering if I may be able to get the dining plan. Can you just use the points for the dining or do you have to have purchased it at the time you book the rest of the trip?

What cc is it that you collected so many points on (I noticed you are also from Canada)? Just wondering if I may be able to get the dining plan. Can you just use the points for the dining or do you have to have purchased it at the time you book the rest of the trip?

It is a First Calgary Platinum Mastercard. That specific card we use for dh purchases and corporate expenses. It took 17 months to accumulate that many points. We found out today that our cc travel agent cannot book the dining plan for us as they cannot book directly through Disney they have to book through Fun Sun or Holiday House. Neither book the dining plan. We are going to use the remaining points towards a cruise. I believe the RBC Avion card offers similar benefits.

Rats! Just as I thought, I don't have that cc.

A cruise sounds great. I've only been on the DCL and did a 4-night. Lots of fun, wished it was longer. Have a great time on your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter