Disneyland - DCL to Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland (Again) - October 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by Goldeelox9, May 5, 2013.

1. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Aww! I LOVED our cruise! Great trip report!!!! Will be reading and reminiscing with you. :cloud9:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

I love your trip report!!! Especially all the pictures! :flower3:

Anne Marie (Palo) is our favorite too! We just adore her.

Can I ask you a question? What was that restaurant you went to in Calif. Adventure? And what did it include? You mentioned something with the show. The food looked fantastic! :thumbsup2

4. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

Really enjoying your TR! :)

5. ktb2002

ktb2002 DIS Veteran

When we were on the Dream in October 2012 Annie Marie was a concierge host, and they had no plans to go anywhere as her husband was the dining room manager (cant remember which dining room lol).

6. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Awesome pics! :)

7. Goldeelox9

Goldeelox9 Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

It was great wasn't it! :)

Annie Marie is the Very best! We have had her like 6 or 7 times and I just adore her!

We ate in Carthay Circle. When booked we booked it as a World of Color Package. You get a premium Fast Pass for reserved World of Color view areas. You had to order an appetizer and Main Course to qualify.

Thanks! :)

Annie Marie was in Concierge when we were on the Dream in February. Her Husband is like a Main Main DIning Manager. I don't think he is assigned to any one Dining Room but more in the training and managing the managers!

We have had her on the Dream and on the Magic she is so sweet and personable!

Thanks!

8. lovefromkatie

lovefromkatie Earning My Ears

always love your trip reports!

9. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

As always a great update.

This cruise had to be a definite dream come true.

14 nights on the Wonder and Hawaii too.:goodvibes

I really really hope they offer this again.

10. Sparky47

Sparky47 Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read the rest of your report! We were on this cruise as well and had soooo much fun. As a matter of fact - it was funny to see my husband and brother in your picture (only their backs but I knew it was them)! Can't wait to see if we show up in more of your pictures! It's great to relive the trip (and keeps us excited for our September Panama Canal cruise too!!)

11. Goldeelox9

HAHA! How funny! Lori didn't your family show up in another trip report one time??

12. Goldeelox9

October 16, 2012 - Vacation Day 5, Cruise Day 3 - Day at Sea - Part 2

After the fun on deck we went to gram some lunch in Tritons. On the way we saw Daisy in all of her Cruisewear cuteness.

[​IMG]

It is so pretty in here!

[​IMG]

Pete had a Burger and I have the Mushroom Pasta. It was very good. Pete ordered Desert, Tiramisù I think, I got a Mickey Bar of course. My desert of choice.

[​IMG]

After lunch it was time to learn how to play the ukulele. "Uncle" was a great addition to the cruise. He was so flu of Hawaiin knowledge it was fun just being around him. Sadly Pete did not master the skill of playing like he hoped to...LOL Happily we did not come home with a ukulele

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love the lighting in the Promenade Lounge.

[​IMG]

We had such a fun time. All of the Hawaiin activities were so much fun. I am glad we took time to enjoy as many of the special activities as we could. The next activity was the Hawaiian Mix-oligy class.

[​IMG]

It was in the Cadillac Lounge. Pete wasn't so sure of it...but he warmed up fast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They had all of the drinks set up in from of chairs. Luckily no one sat next to Pete so he had double, plus the few I didn't care for.

[​IMG]

They went through each drink and told us how to make them. Then Pete was picked from the group to make a full size drink. He was a bit heavy handed with the pouring. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was VERY good!

[​IMG]

One more drink for the road......

[​IMG]

The Mix-oligy class was a greta value and we had so much fun. We had to rush now to get ready for Kristen & Trevor's wedding. I was heading to her room to help her get ready. I love Disney Brides - You know being one and all. But I love weddings in general! Since my wedding I have been lucky to have over 10 Disney Cruise Line Brides book their vacation through me at my agency and getting to relive my own Disney Cruise Wedding has been so amazing.

13. Goldeelox9

October 16, 2012 - Vacation Day 5, Cruise Day 3 - Day at Sea - Part 3

I showered and got dressed and went down to Kristen & Trevor's room. He was ready and just leaving and Kristen had her hair and Make Up all done. I just helped her into her dress took some pictures and then we headed up to the "secret" deck on deck 7 for the ceremony.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hidden Mickey in her Flowers...

[​IMG]

She looked like a model....stunning!!!

[​IMG]

The wedding started and there were some other DISers there taking pictures. Pete was toasted and video-ing. Other great DISer videoed for her too, but Ben had professional equipment and even wired Trevor for sound before the wedding started. The kindness of DIS board members always makes me so happy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were people on their balconies watching the wedding below. Soo sweet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cake was so pretty! I wish I would have tasted it.

[​IMG]

Hawaiian Leis....so Pretty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at those smiles. I swear they are one of the greatest couples. So nice and sweet.

[​IMG]

I love this picture...I swear the joy on Kristen's face was so contagious.

[​IMG]

Another Disney Bride I was able to part of. I am so thankful Kristen asked for my help. I am glad to have a new friend too!

[​IMG]

14. Goldeelox9

October 16, 2012 - Vacation Day 5, Cruise Day 3 - Day at Sea - Part 4

After the wedding we had a bit of time to kill before dinner. We walked around and then stopped to watch the Hawaiian dancers some. They were so pretty.

[​IMG]

A cute semi-drunk picture of my Groom. Hard to imagine that we were already celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. Time has flown by!

[​IMG]

Tonight was a California Menu

[​IMG]

I started with Yummy Polenta. It was good.

[​IMG]

Pete had a fufu coffee drink....working on getting rid of his buzz. HAHA!

[​IMG]

Dinner was nothing extraordinary and I took no pictures of it. I was so tired and ready for bed. Not before desert.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the way back to the room we stopped to listen to a little live music.

[​IMG]

It didn't last long. I started drifting off.

I needed sleep....oh and look ANOTHER night we had to set the clocks back. No wonder I was exhausted. LOL

[​IMG]

Pete went up on deck to hang with his up all night crowd. LOL

15. Goldeelox9

October 17, 2012 - Vacation Day 6, Cruise Day 4 - Day at Sea

Today I tried to sleep in and made it to about 6am. YAWN!!! We got up and showered and dressed for the day. We went to Tritons for Breakfast. I love not having to fight with the buffet crowd.

[​IMG]

After Breakfast was Bracelet making in Animators Palate. We were able to make Kukui Nut bracelets.

We were Early so we headed out on Deck 4 to the see the water. It was so pretty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This next picture I took to show my clients how safe the railings are on the Disney cruise.

[​IMG]

Finally it was time to head in to make the bracelets. I made a nice Brown one and Pete made one for our niece Alyssa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that we decided to go see a movie. The Odd Life of Timothy Green was playing so we headed to the Theater and got great seats. The movie made me cry, the ugly cry. LOL

We were starving after the movie so we made a bee line to our room and put on our bathing suits. We went to get food on the pool deck and then spent the afternoon swimming. Way too long. We had to rush like crazy to get ready for dinner.

Dinner was in Tritons.

[​IMG]

Someone is getting tired of my photography! He still has like 15 days to go...HAHA!

[​IMG]

We had a visitor at dinner. The Ariel!

[​IMG]

Yum...My Appetizer...Escargot.

[​IMG]

Pete's Appetizer...not as good and mine.

[​IMG]

Dinner -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete's Desert is the Soufflé , I had a Crem Brûlée

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Dinner we decided to go to the Promenade Lounge. The entertainment was lack luster to say the least. These two...ugh!

[​IMG]

HERE is a Link to the Video. LOL

Again...I needed sleep. Another full day!

[​IMG]

Again, Pete went up on the deck to hang out a while.

16. Goldeelox9

October 18, 2012 - Vacation Day 7, Cruise Day 5 - Day at Sea

It is our last Sea Day before we hit land! It was a lot warmer today and I was looking forward to some more pool time.

We finally were able to sleep it. It was so nice. We woke up and showered and got ready to meet Donna for lunch. We had met through the Fish Extender Exchange. It was her 52nd (I think) wedding anniversary Cruise. Her husband George and her drove from Fl to LA then took the train.

[​IMG]

I think the Milage is a bit off from the west coast. LOL

[​IMG]

You can see Donna's Bandaid in the picture. She fell and needed stitches onboard. They also xrayed her. It's nice to know that Disney provides medical care while onboard when needed.

We ende up getting a whole group together for lunch. Mainly DISboard people. We had a great time. We closed the restaurant down. I had a steak sandwich and a Mickey bar...no pictures though.

After lunch it was only about 30 minutes until out private Pink Lady Champaign tasting.

[​IMG]

Again we were drinking in the Cadillac Lounge. The Cadillac lounge is the indoor back up location for Disney weddings. I despise the decor and told Pete I would NOT be getting married in there if our wedding was canceled due to weather. Thankfully our Castaway Cay wedding went off without a hitch!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We would be tasting 4 or 5 different drinks. I was looking forward to the Rosa Regale.

[​IMG]

We had so much fun!

[​IMG]

This is Joanne and I. She was so sweet!

[​IMG]

Pete again ended up with some extras. LOL

[​IMG]

Before we left we took a group picture! :) I am way in the back but you can see my head.

We headed to the pool for a swim after all of those drinks HA! I ended up reading until it got dark and then again we had to rush to get ready for dinner. I don't know how people do the early dining.

[​IMG]

On our way to dinner the pool was just about empty!

[​IMG]

Pete loves when i am pointing the camera in his face.

[​IMG]

I, on the other hand do not mind. But as you can tell it is easy to forget that I was even on the trip. HAHA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dinner tonight was not that great. It wasn't anything spectacular.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the first cruise I let Pete wear shorts to dinner. He didn't do it every night, but it was truly too long to dress up. We were not the only ones going sorta casual. I feel bad when I think about it, but we are lucky we made it to dinner most nights. HA!

[​IMG]

We went for a walk after dinner. The smaller ships are so nice. The Magic and Wonder are truly my favorites. There were so many times that it felt like we were the only people on the ship!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We both went to bed tonight by 11pm. Tomorrow is a BIG day!

17. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report. Cant wait for more :)

18. Goldeelox9

Thanks! I will try for an update tonight. I am so glad someone is reading. HAHA!

19. Sparky47

Sparky47 Mouseketeer

I'm still reading! We were on this cruise and it's great to re-live it (and keep wondering if we'll be in any of your pictures - other than the one of my husband boarding the ship in front of you!) Reading your report makes me more excited for our Panama Canal cruise in September!

20. ProudMommyof2

ProudMommyof2 DIS Veteran

Signing on! Looks like a dream trip!

21. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

Really enjoying your TR! Can't wait to get to the islands :)