Disneyland crowds week of June 6 or June 15

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by mermaidcoco, May 30, 2009.

1. mermaidcoco

mermaidcoco Earning My Ears

Hello: I am taking my 5 year old princess to Disneyland for the first time and am trying to decide on the week of June 5 since most schools are still in session or the week of June 15 when most will be out of school. I called the ticket office to ask when they thought it would be busier and they said that many middle schools go the Disneyland while still in session. Any thoughts from you experienced park goers?

Also, I am just entering my 2nd trimester and have some food issues (nothing too rich, greasey, etc). Do you think that the any of the meal plans would be good for the two of us girls?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mechurchlady

mechurchlady DIS Veteran

I will post my three links for menus that I use at DLR. WDW I use only this sites menu data base. Read through the menus to see what you like. Some counter service restaurants offer apple slices instead of french fries.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2184440
    My post is long on that thread and explains everything you need to know about special diets at DLR.

Remember that these menus are subject to change and sometimes are outdated.
    http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=137
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/dining/menus.cfm
    http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/dl/Disneyland.shtml#Fantasyland

Carnation Cafe and some restaurants offer options like rice pasta instead of potatos or at Plaza Inn you can ask for double veggies and no potatos.

Carnation Cafe

4. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

Even though middle school kids may be at the parks the first week of June I would expect once local schools get out it'll be even busier.

We were there last Thursday and the Thurs. before as well. Yes, there were a lot of school busses in the parking lot and many large groups of kids in the parks. Not just Jr. High either, there were many Senior groups as well. But I still think once the Summer season officially starts, the parks will be more crowded.

Usually you can tell the crowd levels expected by the hours posted. When you say the week of June 5th, do you mean starting on Friday the 5th? Reason I ask is starting on the 5th DL is basically open to midnight most days (except of June 10th and 18th) and DCA until 10 p.m. Looks like any time starting on June 5th you can expect it to be crowded. :crowded:

Just get there early, grab as many FP as possible for use later. You probably won't be riding any coasters so you can save your FP for the non-ocaster rides. I would start in DL and do all you can there in the a.m. and then cross over to DCA when DL starts getting crowded. A nice place to take a meal break is White Water Snacks in the GC-easy to get to from DCA. They have some different food choices than your run of the mill counter service.

Oh, and I just thought of one more thing, the F&W festival will run until June 7th. After it's over with it may mean less people at DCA and the tent in the Sunshine Plaza will be gone.

I think you'll be fine whenever you go. Just be prepared for crowds.

Oh, and one more thing, if you want to see Fantasmic, Disney's Electric Parade, or the new fireworks show (Magical - Disney's New Nighttime Spectacular of Magical Celebrations In the Stars) here's there official debut schedule-

F! and DEP on Friday, June 12th (Dress rehearsal for F! on June 11th)
    Magical - Disney's New Nighttime Spectacular of Magical Celebrations In the Stars on Thurs, June 11th.

These are the official debuts (on the DLR calendar), they may show up a little earlier but know that locals, like me, will flock to the parks to see them. You can expect bigger crowds at night starting on the 11th.

HTH, but I probably only confused you. :confused3

5. Huff

Huff DIS Veteran

All Phoenix, Arizona elementary and high schools are already out of school.

6. tiggeroo42

tiggeroo42 Adult Dumbo Rider

Ugh, the middle school kids on the school trips are horrible! They run in herds throughout the park and are loud and obnoxious. It's a toss up, though, because it will be a lot more crowded as you get deeper into June.

If you're not easily annoyed by adolescents, I would choose the first date. I'm a high school teacher, so the last thing I want on my vacation is to be around teenagers, but it might not bother you.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm just about to enter my second trimester, too! :goodvibes