Disneyland Closing early May 19th

Peanut Giggleface

Embarrassing my children... just another service I
I'm planning an impromptu trip to DLR and was planning the itinerary when I noticed the park hours for Tuesday, May 19th are from 8:00-7:30 pm. I don't see anything mentioned on the boards here, so I'm curious if anyone here knows why the park is closing so early that night. Its a little bit of a bummer as this is our last night there and was wanting to shut the park down that night.

Maybe a media event heading up to the kickoff of the 60th anniversary?

There are a number of May dates prior to the 22nd that have early closing hours. No reasons why. From what I've seen on those nights they are keeping DCA open for an extra hour to kind of compensate park attendees. Obviously that will only help if you have park hopper tickets.

There were/are several days in late-April through the start of the 60th anniversary celebration when the park hours are a little off skew. DLR is closing at 7:30 pm on May 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 19 and at 6:00 pm May 21. The best guess is that is in preparation for the 60th anniversary (rehearsals, prep, etc.).

If you have hopper status you can hop to DCA. It is still open until 9pm. Regular hours in May are 10-9 or 9-9 depending on the week. Probably the fireworks testing on the 19th. DCA closes at 6pm on the 20th and DL 6pm on the 21st, those are supposedly for media events.

Thanks for the responses. We do have park hoppers so we'll take advantage of that. Just a little bummed our last night won't be at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter