Disneyland Attraction and Dining Reviews

OK, it can now be said i am a moron! I see folks saying they have posted reviews but i cant find one! Can someone help me find some Disneyland reviews? Where do these things show up. I am 43 and not a total idiot when it comes to the interwebz, but i simply thought that a thread in the forum that stated it was about reviews...well...would have reviews.

What am i missing??

Please educate me.

Denicio

There are links to the reviews on the first page of this thread.

I'm drooling all over my keyboard looking at the pictures and reading these reviews. :goodvibes

I am going to DLR in a few weeks, what would you consider your NOT TO BE MISSED meals?

I MUST have a Monte Cristo sandwich from the French Market or the Blue Bayou. I'm so bummed they don't sell them at WDW anymore! :sad:

I have made reservations for Ariel's Grotto. I see the reviews are mixed but, I want to see the inside of the restaurant and I have never met a princess!!! princess:

I have also made reservations for the Critter Breakfast at the Storyteller's Cafe.

I have about 5 more meals to eat while I am there. I love the ribs at WDW. Would you say the ribs are better at Flo's or at the Taste Pilots? What else would you recommend.

I come from The Land of NO Restaurants :eek: so this is a big treat for me! :rotfl2:

I'd love to see what all meals are a must. I didn't see any reviews for CarsLand restaurants on here. :confused3

I really wish there were some newer reviews on this!! I love the ones I have read and it has helped me but they are all over 2 yrs old!!

Our absolute FAVORITE place to eat is the Blue Bayou. There's just something about the atmosphere... We always order the Monte Cristo and do the split plate since it's plenty of food for both of us. But to avoid the split plate charge we just ask for an extra plate. This basically means we share the entire meal (including the salad) which we don't really mind. I can't wait until our next one! Sooo yummy!!!

The Monte Cristo is my all time Disney favorite food!! I had one a couple of weeks ago at Cafe Orleans. But, Blue Bayou is my favorite Disney restaurant too!! :yay: Just ate there a few weeks ago and it was perfect, like always!

Here is the Roasted Beef Strip Loin:

DSC02067.jpg

And here is the Buccaneers Boneless Beef Short Ribs:

DSC02070.jpg

I'd love to see what all meals are a must. I didn't see any reviews for CarsLand restaurants on here. :confused3

I loved Flo's Diner! Thought it was beautiful inside and out. We went for breakfast this was Bananas Foster:

DSC03892_zpsbf148f77.jpg

It was very tasty but thick/dense as a brick. I could only eat about 1/4 of it.

Here is the regular breakfast. Nothing special here:

DSC03894_zpsc3f56cae.jpg

But, the big winner was the pork loin with Coke-a-cola barbecue sauce. YUMMY!!! I ate every bite of this!

IMG_0148_zps726928c9.jpg

The atmosphere was fun. One side was set up in pink with Lavern's Motorama Girls.

IMG_0149_zps60bfe7aa.jpg

The other side was themed as Doc Hudson's clinic:

IMG_3866_zps11832f86.jpg

Despite all the years that we have gone to DL...we have never eaten at the Carnation Cafe on Main Street. I always thought that it was too small and doesn't have enough space to sit and eat.

I'm thinking of trying it out with the kids and DW. Anyone have any recommendations on what to eat there for lunch or dinner?

Am I able to make Disney dinner reservations there?

Despite all the years that we have gone to DL...we have never eaten at the Carnation Cafe on Main Street. I always thought that it was too small and doesn't have enough space to sit and eat.

I'm thinking of trying it out with the kids and DW. Anyone have any recommendations on what to eat there for lunch or dinner?

Am I able to make Disney dinner reservations there?

The last two times we have eaten breakfast and lunch there. We have also been lucky enough to be there on days when Oscar was working. He goes from table to table. My daughter always asks for his autograph. It is bigger now with more room to sit. Our plan is lunch on day 2! Have a great time!

Hungry Bear - Got the crispy chicken sandwich. It was very moist and flavorful

Jolly Holiday - Got the turkey sandwich. The turkey was yummy

Both sandwiches were fairly large and were easily split between two adults. You have to cut them in half yourself if you're sharing they won't do it for you.

Here are a few reviews I will start with the earliest first (MAY 2013) so that way people can still go and order the most current items. I would be happy to answer any questions so just let me know if you have a question :)

We ate almost ever day in the park however I didn't always get pics, the first pic was from the HUNGRY BEAR:

This thing was so very good, the Hungry Bear offers these seasonal pies and I first had ordered a Strawberry Pie and it was not good so I exchanged it for the Chocolate Pie and I was so glad that I did. The top was like a moose and the bottom was like a hard pudding. I would highly recommend this!

We also ate the Fried Green Tomato sandwich and it was everything that everyone has said it is. Wonderful, flavorful, fresh and crispy! Such great choice and I would highly recommend this as well. My husband has the cheeseburger and just said it was ok. My little one also had the mac and cheese and fyi the toddler meal is very small so just be prepared.

Then we went over to Adventureland and to the TIKI ROOM:

I had never ordered a Dole Whip Float and this was on my Disneyland bucket list. It was good but I didn't love it, I think it was just a pineapple overload. I would not order this again but I would however order the Dole ice cream soft serve as it was really refreshing and such a unique flavor.

Then near the HUB, we got this:

What can I say its an ice cream bar. Its good but not over the top good. I think we enjoyed the chocolate dip cone over at the Cozy Cone a bit better but that was not really outstanding either.

This was at the BOARDWALK PIZZA AND PASTA place:

This was the sun dried tomato pasta and all I can say is YUCK! I took this back and got this:

Much much better! The pasta sauce and the noodles where pretty standard but I really loved the meatballs. Such a spicy interesting flavor that was really a good satisfying portion I could only finish half of this.

Was also tried the BIG THUNDER RANCH BBQ:

This was one of my favorite meals and the first time we had tried this restaurant! The chicken was very good and juicy and the sausage had a great flavor, we didn't really like the ribs so we ordered seconds of the chicken and sausage only. The cornbread was very good! The coleslaw was a bit funny for me but it wasn't really bad. The beans where also very good but I would have preferred then not be vegetarian and had some meat added to them. The ambiance was also nice with the country singers interacting with all the tables. I think the price was $27.99 for dinner but I thought it was a fine price and we will be going back here next time we visit.

BLUE BAYOU and the famous chicken gumbo:

Yummy I loved the soup and its just so quintessential to Disneyland. We go to the BB every time we come to DL however we just come for the ambiance and not the food but this time I am glad to say since their new menu change the quality of the food is much better! Sorry I didn't get a picture of the Chicken dish but I order it every time and this time it was a thousand time better then the last 3 times I have ordered it. The chicken was so nice and tender and juicy and the most wonderful tangy but savory flavor. If you have been here and didn't like it I would give it another try!

This was also from the BLUE BAYOU but at Halloween time (OCT 2012):

It was a vanilla and chocolate mouse with a crumbly bottom and it was soooo good. It was served in a Donald Duck cup but the dessert just came out of a plastic cup inside and it just lifted out so the cup was not dirty and I could take it home clean. Would highly recommend this during Halloween time!

We also stopped into RALPH BRENNAN'S JAZZ KITCHEN (OCT 2012):

This was so very good and I think it was called the Chocolate Souffle and it was amazing. The dinner here I don't really recall being memorable but this was! It was so nice and crispy on the outside but so nice and pudding like on the inside and it also came with a side of white chocolate that you could drizzle over. Just an FYI it takes quite a while to make so if you want to order it make sure you do it before or when you order your entree. It also is a bit pricey but it might be good to try at least once.

This last one is not at Disneyland but worth and honorable mention especially if you drive down to DL from the North, PEA SOUP ANDERSON'S:

This pea soup is so very good and I would highly recommend this. It was so good and so creamy, yummy! They have two locations and we visited the one in Santa Nella.

Hope this helps others when planning out meals at Disneyland sorry most of them where desserts but you can see what I love most at DL, lol

Not sure this is the right place to ask but can anyone tell me what hours lunch is served and when dinner starts @Blue Bayou?
Thank you!

pirate:

This thing was so very good, the Hungry Bear offers these seasonal pies and I first had ordered a Strawberry Pie and it was not good so I exchanged it for the Chocolate Pie and I was so glad that I did.

This was the sun dried tomato pasta and all I can say is YUCK! I took this back and got this
I didn't know you can return things ... did you just decide to purchase the other or were they willing to exchange it for you for something else since you didn't like it? Thanks! :)

This thing was so very good, the Hungry Bear offers these seasonal pies and I first had ordered a Strawberry Pie and it was not good so I exchanged it for the Chocolate Pie and I was so glad that I did. The top was like a moose and the bottom was like a hard pudding. I would highly recommend this!

This was at the BOARDWALK PIZZA AND PASTA place:

This was the sun dried tomato pasta and all I can say is YUCK! I took this back and got this:

Yes, I'd like to hear more about this too. You took a few bites? Decided you didn't like it and walked back over to the counter and said......?

But thank you for all your pictures and comments!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter