Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! Christmas isn't that far away anymore :D
Just got worried..... The word is still that there won't be any of the usual Christmas nighttime shows, right? It will be the new 60th parade, fireworks and woc? I've really been looking forward to seeing the new Disneyland Forever, Paint the night and Celebrate!!!!

Not sure what that link is for, but it says its not for all Audiences!

--Lori

I didn't have a chance to sign on until tonight. What link? What did I miss that's not for all audiences? :confused:

Yay! Christmas isn't that far away anymore :D
Just got worried..... The word is still that there won't be any of the usual Christmas nighttime shows, right? It will be the new 60th parade, fireworks and woc? I've really been looking forward to seeing the new Disneyland Forever, Paint the night and Celebrate!!!!

It's really not far away at all, now that we're officially in the "ber" months (September - December)!

From what we know right now, and from what it appears based on how things are going to be handled during Halloween Time, I think that A Christmas Fantasy Parade is going to run during the daytime only. It is definitely happening, but it is unknown if it will run once or twice in the daytime, or if it will run at night at any point during the holidays.

I think that Paint the Night will be presented nightly, all through the holidays.

I think that Disneyland Forever will be presented nightly, with a bit of snowfall at some point, and that Believe in Holiday Magic will not be presented at all this year.

As for World of Color - Celebrate... It has not gotten great reviews. At first I thought that it would run all year long and that Winter Dreams would not happen. I'm not entirely sure at this point. If Disney is aware that Celebrate has gotten lukewarm responses, they may decide to present Winter Dreams instead. So this one is still a question mark, but I definitely think you will get to see Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night during your trip.

The holiday season is a very big deal at Disneyland -- they treat it with much more attention and care than they do Halloween Time -- so I think they are trying to strike a balance of "holidays" and "60th anniversary." A lot of people go to the parks every year, specifically to enjoy the holiday season. If they remove too many of the holiday elements (like they have done with Halloween Time), I think that those people wanting a holiday experience will be disappointed. So there has to be a good balance.

It does snow during the Disneyland Forever fireworks. Maybe it will snow even more.

That's what I was thinking -- there may be a bit more snow than usual during the Disneyland Forever fireworks. There may or may not be the piped in aroma of goodies (that comes along with the snowfall during Believe in Holiday Magic), and it's a mystery as to whether or not the Castle will be a "Winter" version -- with more lights than what's on there now -- and whether or not the trees around the hub will light up in their "snowy" versions.

I didn't have a chance to sign on until tonight. What link? What did I miss that's not for all audiences? :confused:

Someone posted a link to something on Facebook, but the post has been deleted. It's weird though, because I thought only moderators could delete posts, so I assumed you had done it.

IMG_0942 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_1739 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_2028 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_2110 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

mom2rtk, I'm blown away by the sharpness of the detail in the nighttime Paradise Pier picture!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone posted a link to something on Facebook, but the post has been deleted. It's weird though, because I thought only moderators could delete posts, so I assumed you had done it.
Yes, Thank You.... now its gone, but it said "Not for all audiences".....

--Lori

Sherry,
I will be on my trip to DLR starting this Sunday -- Friday, I will post my pics for NEXT week's theme on Sat, along with new pics for the other photo sharing threads!!

--Lori

Last edited by a moderator:

Any webmaster can delete posts on any forum. Mary Jo can also delete posts here in this forum. I don't see any evidence of anything being deleted, though. So I have no idea what was there and what was deleted! But... if it was something that was not supposed to be posted, or if it was offensive in any way, I'm glad someone quickly wiped it out!

Any webmaster can delete posts on any forum. Mary Jo can also delete posts here in this forum. I don't see any evidence of anything being deleted, though. So I have no idea what was there and what was deleted! But... if it was something that was not supposed to be posted, or if it was offensive in any way, I'm glad someone quickly wiped it out!
I saw the facebook link in one of the posts and figured it was just linking to pictures they had on facebook. I didn't try clicking it though, so this is just a guess. Also guessing that it wouldn't show the pictures from their facebook photo album depending on their settings maybe?

it looked to me like it was a link to a face book photo (maybe a theme one) but because we weren't friends of the member we couldn't see the photo. I don't think it was meant to be harmful.

I saw the facebook link in one of the posts and figured it was just linking to pictures they had on facebook. I didn't try clicking it though, so this is just a guess. Also guessing that it wouldn't show the pictures from their facebook photo album depending on their settings maybe?

it looked to me like it was a link to a face book photo (maybe a theme one) but because we weren't friends of the member we couldn't see the photo. I don't think it was meant to be harmful.

I think you're both right -- it's likely a Facebook settings issue, not anything offensive!

:santa::santa:

As far as World of Color is concerned, I would be pretty happy if they ditched Celebrate altogether and did Winter Dreams. They could even run regular World of Color and that would be fine. In case you can't tell, I'm not a fan of Celebrate. lol

As far as World of Color is concerned, I would be pretty happy if they ditched Celebrate altogether and did Winter Dreams. They could even run regular World of Color and that would be fine. In case you can't tell, I'm not a fan of Celebrate. lol

:lmao: I've read quite a few comments (online) indicating that you're not alone in that feeling. :lmao: It is because of that lukewarm response to Celebrate that I wonder if Disney will decide to run Winter Dreams during the holidays. I don't think it is getting the reaction and reception they had hoped for. I'm sure Disney initially planned to run Celebrate all year long, but they may rethink that plan and either throw in Winter Dreams, or just the regular World of Color.

:lmao: I've read quite a few comments (online) indicating that you're not alone in that feeling. :lmao: It is because of that lukewarm response to Celebrate that I wonder if Disney will decide to run Winter Dreams during the holidays. I don't think it is getting the reaction and reception they had hoped for. I'm sure Disney initially planned to run Celebrate all year long, but they may rethink that plan and either throw in Winter Dreams, or just the regular World of Color.

We can only hope...

There are parts that are good, but others make no sense. Not to mention the fact that there is almost more NPH than Walt in it.

Here are our photos for this week's theme

DSC_1563_zpsfiogzpq1.jpg

Looking at all of these wonderful Paradise Pier photos from everyone, I am reminded how it is a land that includes a mishmash of decorations -- from the Viva Navidad-themed décor, to the "gifts" and peppermint sticks in the Winter Dreams area, to the underwater-themed décor around both Ariel's Grotto and the Little Mermaid ride, to the large Christmas tree with shiny ornaments on the pier, to the more generic garland and wreaths over around TSMM, etc. It's a land that really has quite a few decorations, and yet it is one of the lands that people name most often when referencing lands that aren't really decorated! :lmao: There are a lot of decorations, but I guess that many people don't realize they're there! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter