Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
this made me laugh out loud!
14364781_692835830863524_8499899973957786645_n.jpg

Thank you :)

There was a photographer there & also at the teacups. We're going Thanksgiving week because we are INSANE (and I work in the schools so taking time off during a non-school break is next to impossible), so I'm hoping that there will be photopass everywhere again.

DLPCA_MATTERHORN_20151219_377840757136 by Christine Chain, on Flickr

All your family photos are really getting me pumped for our trip. Just a little over 7 weeks away! We got one Signature pass so we can use PhotoPass as much as we want on all of our trips. And we intend to abuse it!!!

Just booked our Christmas trip! Four nights at GCH right before Christmas! Wooohoooo!! Cannot wait. We've been blessed to see the decorations on previous trips but it has been a few years since we have been to DL. Cannot wait!!

For those who have seen the parade before- If it is performed twice a day, which parade would be preferable? I am thinking we would like to see it at night, do the floats have lights etc?

That picture of the castle at Christmas time made me so excited. It seriously looks so beautiful!

Unless I've missed something, it doesn't look like the Disney Parks Blog has made any announcement about dining options for Thanksgiving Day yet. We're down to 60 days before Thanksgiving on Sunday, September 25, and ADRs have historically opened up 60-days before so I'll be checking regardless. We'll be resuming our family's tradition dining at the Thanksgiving Feast in the DLH. Does anybody have any more information?

So I called Disneyland Dining this morning, and a cast member was able to confirm that they will be hosting the Thanksgiving Feast in the Disneyland Hotel again this year and "technically" the Thanksgiving Day reservations should open up tomorrow. However, they are still loading the inventory into their system so there's a chance that reservations won't open up until Tuesday, 9/27. She recommended checking tomorrow morning anyway in case the reservations are loaded, 3 AM Pacific Time on the Disneyland Dining website and 7 AM on the phone.

For those who have seen the parade before- If it is performed twice a day, which parade would be preferable? I am thinking we would like to see it at night, do the floats have lights etc?

That picture of the castle at Christmas time made me so excited. It seriously looks so beautiful!

I enjoyed seeing you both at night and during the day. Try to do both if you can.

I think it's more magical at night, but it's definitely easier to photograph during the day. And there are some other great night time sights and activities to fill the darker hours of the day!

PHXscuba

I checked the Disneyland Dining website and called their phone line this morning, and reservations for the Thanksgiving Feast in the Disneyland Hotel are still not available (although Thanksgiving Day reservations for Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure and Downtown Disney table service restaurants, and Steakhouse 55 are up). The CM on the phone told me that reservations for the Thanksgiving Feast in the DLH will start on Tuesday, 9/27, 3 AM PT on the website and 7 AM by telephone.

Last edited:
I'm getting bored with waiting again.

Anyone want to start a betting pool about whether/when PTN will show during Holiday Time? (Kidding..... sort of).

This all really takes the fun out of the waiting.

I wonder when they will actually post some hours/schedule for November.....:fish:

We are flying in for the Rose Bowl Parade to see my son and his marching band!! We are tentatively planning on doing Disneyland & DCA on Jan. 3rd & 4th. Looks like the decorations will be up until the 8th. Couple of questions:
  • What will the parks be like crowd-wise on the those days? I'm assuming local schools will still be on break.
  • What special Christmas things will still be going on? Will we get to see fireworks either night?
  • Which park which day?

This will be my second visit but first visit for everyone else!

When are the decorations in the GCH complete? Will we see them all up while staying there 11/20-11/21? Thank you!
I just reserved WoC dessert party for Monday, 11/21. Hope its worth it!
And.....Im waiting to hear about PtN too!!

Usually up going into Thanksgiving weekend... like the Weds night before........ so the 24thish.....

--Lori

The tree will "magically" appear overnight... usually on Weds night, going into Thanksgiving morning..
I hope they do it earlier this year, since you Splurged and are booked earlier! The resort hotels are the last to put up the decorations....

The Gingerbread house may not being finished yet either............

--Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter