Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrived yesterday for the opening weekend of the holidays. We woke up our kids at 3 am to catch our flight and were so pleased that we had actually pulled off the surprise trip we had been planning for months. I just wanted to report that there is snow in DCA! We went to the Mad T party last night and as they belted out the Christmas songs, snow started falling! It was an amazing surprise and the kids (DS 17 & DD 14) had a blast. Can't wait to do more holiday exploring today at both parks.

I don't suppose you know what time it was when it snowed at the Mad T Party do you?

There are a few of us that want to know what times in the evening this happens. We have never been there so don't know what T time is all about.

For those of you Monte Cristo lovers, I saw a picture on another website of the Monte Cristo Bites they are offering at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree this year (8 pieces with dipping sauce for $6.25). They are also doing the decorate your own cookie (my niece loved doing this our last trip) and candy cane cotton candy!

For those of you Monte Cristo lovers, I saw a picture on another website of the Monte Cristo Bites they are offering at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree this year (8 pieces with dipping sauce for $6.25). They are also doing the decorate your own cookie (my niece loved doing this our last trip) and candy cane cotton candy!

I am not a fan of the Monte Cristo but love cotton candy and candy canes. I will have to try the combination when we go.

What is the Jingle Jangle Jamboree?

Just a quick post to say we arrived in CA yesterday and had great fun so far. Monday afternoon brings us to Disneyland!!!! Yaaaaahoooooooo!!!!!

We did El Capitan too see Wreck It Ralph, visited Soda Shop. Today was D23 day with Mickeys of Glendale fun, lunch at O Shanters, then the D23 Studio Tour. Good lot, I bought stuff...too much stuff. LOL! Monday includes a visit to Ron Reagan Library before heading to Disneyland.

That sounds great, we really missed the cookie decorating when they put the Thunder Mtn BBQ in the spot where it used to be and the cookies weren’t offered anymore. Now we have many reasons to check out the Jingle Jangle Jamboree this year... Santa, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies will be there, they will have the cookies to decorate, and they will have Monte Christo bites which sound delectable!!

day2-28.jpg

NOS

day2-29.jpg

On the castle
DisneyLandatChristmas-09-1.jpg

I seem to take the same pics every year...although I did attempt to be a bit 'artier' :rotfl:

Castle again
IMG_3554watermark.jpg

NOS
IMG_3646watermark.jpg

As I busily prepare to head to our beloved parks tomorrow for the opening day of the holiday season, I also must bring this thread’s Theme Weeks Countdown to its near-finish. We’re almost there! With November 12th coming tomorrow, you know what that means....

It’s time for the Daily Countdown to the holiday season!!!

...Only 1 Day Until the
:santa:Holiday Season Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!:santa:

Each day this week there has been a new Disneyland Resort holiday mini-theme!! Some of the daily themes may have tied tie in to a theme from the prior day or from the following day, or even tied into the main theme for the week (which is the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort until 11/12). If you didn’t have any holiday photos of the Hotels, you may have had photos for one of the mini-themes. You may have photos that applied to both the mini-themes and the weekly themes. It’s all good!

Everyone’s photos have fit into many of the themes one way or the other – whether it’s been the overall weekly theme or the daily mini-themes, or both! Everything blended together and (hopefully) transitioned nicely so that no one had to sit out of the photo-sharing fun for longer than a couple of days.

Today is the final mini-theme of this year’s countdown, and the final major theme will be tomorrow - on Monday, November 12th.

In the spotlight today is the enchanting, glowing, sparkling, icicle-covered symbol of the Disneyland Resort Holiday season…

SLEEPING BEAUTY'S WINTER CASTLE!!!

As the primary icon of the holiday season at Disneyland Resort, the Winter Castle shines like a glorious beacon in the night, warming our hearts and bringing smiles to our faces. But be sure to catch it when its icicles are in full ‘sparkle mode,’ as the lights on the Castle intermittently ‘turn on and off’ after dark!

PhotoPass photographers are usually stationed in front of the Castle during both the day and night, to capture those perfect Christmas card-worthy shots. While the icicles are not as impressive in the daytime, the festive wreaths and snow-capped turrets do not disappoint.

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

022_22-1-1.jpg

CASTLE-DISNEYLAND-DECEMBER2007-1.jpg

004_7-1-1.jpg

002_9-1.jpg

IMG_1324-2.jpg

Please feel free to post your Winter Castle pictures!

Stay tuned for the final theme of 2012, coming tomorrow - Monday, November 12th!!

Beautiful pictures!! I'm so excited to go in a few days!! :cool1:

I had a few questions for those of you who've been to this?

How much is the cookie decorating, candy cane cotton candy? Do you wait in line to buy/do those things? Sorry! I'm trying to picture how all that works. Dd(9) is gluten-free, but is happy to eat icing and cotton candy!

The monte cristo bites? is there a stand that sells them? IS there other food sold back there too? Again, my dd and dh are both GF so if there are other options that may be a meal option for us. And we could cancel our ressies for Cafe Orleans?

TIA!

How much is the cookie decorating, candy cane cotton candy? Do you wait in line to buy/do those things? Sorry! I'm trying to picture how all that works. Dd(9) is gluten-free, but is happy to eat icing and cotton candy!

The monte cristo bites? is there a stand that sells them? IS there other food sold back there too? Again, my dd and dh are both GF so if there are other options that may be a meal option for us. And we could cancel our ressies for Cafe Orleans?

TIA!

Yes, i have these EXACT same questions about Jingle Jangle Jamboree!!

Also, when it "snows", is that ONLY on Main Street? When does it do it, at fireworks time? What would be the best place to try to see the snow/fireworks with a 2 year old and a 6 year old?

TIA!

julieheyer -

The Jingle Jangle Jamboree is brand new this year - it is taking the place of Santa's Reindeer Round-Up. So the candy cane cotton candy is totally new. The cookie decorating had been moved out of the Round-Up but it sounds like it is now back at the Jamboree. The Jamboree 'soft opened' over this weekend, so I'm not sure how many people actually took the time to go back there and check it out, get details, etc.

I am headed to DLR tomorrow (the official start date of the season) on an info-gathering/photo taking mission, and the Jamboree is one of the stops on my list. I am planning to get all of that menu/pricing info if I can find it.

So if no one else posts the info for you, I'll post when I get back.

julieheyer -

The Jingle Jangle Jamboree is brand new this year - it is taking the place of Santa's Reindeer Round-Up. So the candy cane cotton candy is totally new. The cookie decorating had been moved out of the Round-Up but it sounds like it is now back at the Jamboree. The Jamboree 'soft opened' over this weekend, so I'm not sure how many people actually took the time to go back there and check it out, get details, etc.

I am headed to DLR tomorrow (the official start date of the season) on an info-gathering/photo taking mission, and the Jamboree is one of the stops on my list. I am planning to get all of that menu/pricing info if I can find it.

THank you, thank you, thank you!! Have a great time tomorrow! We leave Wed. morning to drive and will be in DCA Thurs. and DL Friday. I'm so excited to be there!! :thumbsup2

I don't get to enjoy everything until December 12th but I saw a picture on twitter of the counter service menu that's located inside the Jingle Jangle Jamboree. Here's what they have and the prices:

Merry Monte Cristo Bites $6.25
Mrs. Claus' Cookie (decorate your own) $6.00
Candy Cane Cotton Candy $4.00
Santa's Chicken Bratwurst and Sauerkraut $7.50
Sleigh Ride Hot Cider $3.00
Ho-Ho-Hot Chocolate $3.00
Hot Beverage with a souvenir mug $6.25
North Pole Coolers (soda) $3.25
Dasani Water $3.00

julieheyer -

How sad is it that I am excited for you to go to DL tomorrow just so I can see your pictures and read your report? lol Have a great time!!! :santa:

julieheyer said:

TIA!

I was over there yesterday. We saw Mrs Claus, Minnie in her Christmas dress, Pluto, Chip and Dale, some of the bears from Country Bear Jamboree, and there was a line for Santa Claus. They had one station for Reindeer Games which looked like a bean bag toss and spin the wheel. They had a coloring station and a cookie decorating station. There were barely any lines when we where there as there were hardly any people! We had full conversations with CMs and Mrs Claus.

I thought all the stations were free, including the cookie one, but as we didn't participate, I could be wrong. The candy cane cotton candy was $4 as someone posted below. They sell all the food from one station, but again, there was no line when we were there. It didn't seem there were very many GF options, as the savory dishes both included bread. The list the previous poster had was correct, and that is all the food available.

Sherry,

Have fun tomorrow! Let me know if you see any gingerbread men cookies. We're not doing the tour this year and that's where we got my favorite cookies. We fly down on Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter