Disneyfied! Two sisters return to WDW after 21 years. [micro mini update 11/30 p. 14]

Joining in the fun! You are hilarious! :rotfl2:

I had some of those old reeboks, in :scared1: yellow:scared1: . :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear more!

I'm along for the ride!! I am definately and 80's girl!! My favorite were the big shirts with the skinny flourescent belts, leggins and like 3 pairs of socks. Oh, and the high hair. The higher, the better. I look back at pics and cringe. Oh well, it was the style back then. Anyway, can't wait to hear more!!!

What a great view! I recently climbed on board with those loving the Swan/Dolphin - I always have stayed at the Boardwalk but with the great rates the S/D offers throughout the year, I may look into staying there after my December trip (sorry, can't pass up my Boardwalk view I lucked into getting). My DBFF & I took a 4 day trip the end of Jan and had a great time - it was short but we just did one park per day and it was still fun.

Can't wait to read more!

Joining in the fun! You are hilarious! :rotfl2:

I had some of those old reeboks, in :scared1: yellow:scared1: . :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear more!

Aww, thanks. I'm having a lot of fun reliving the trip. I think the neon Reeboks should supplant Crocs as the official Dis footwear of choice.

I'm along for the ride!! I am definately and 80's girl!! My favorite were the big shirts with the skinny flourescent belts, leggins and like 3 pairs of socks. Oh, and the high hair. The higher, the better. I look back at pics and cringe. Oh well, it was the style back then. Anyway, can't wait to hear more!!!

Thank you for joining in! I loved all of the fashions you mention too. Don't forget the neck brooches and the long strands of "pearls" worn over your shoulder and across your body.

Neon was the height of fashion at my school when we went down to Disney World for the first time in 1985. My sister and I went to MK bedecked in neon pink sunglasses, bracelets, socks, etc. Some guy asked my dad if he dressed us that way so that he'd be able to find us in a crowd. LOL.

Loving your TR. Congrats on the flight change and the view. Great photos!

Thanks for reading my TR. We had a great trip down. The balcony was so fun.

What a great view! I recently climbed on board with those loving the Swan/Dolphin - I always have stayed at the Boardwalk but with the great rates the S/D offers throughout the year, I may look into staying there after my December trip (sorry, can't pass up my Boardwalk view I lucked into getting). My DBFF & I took a 4 day trip the end of Jan and had a great time - it was short but we just did one park per day and it was still fun.

Can't wait to read more!

We got a surprising amount of stuff done in the few days we were there. I'd love to have had more time, but I'm pleased with what we saw. I think I'm hooked on staying in the Epcot area and would happily stay at the Swolphin again, though I'm a wee bit envious of your Boardwalk stay. That resort looks like so much fun, and the location can't be beat.

Nice, did you walk to EPCOT or take the boat?

Nice, did you walk to EPCOT or take the boat?

We walked. I loved being so close to my favorite park, EPCOT. We would have walked back from DHS too, but I wasn't sure where the path was. I love the photo in your signature!

Love the view! My BFF and her family are staying there next summer with a military rate. That's one of the reasons why I wish DH got into the Air Force. ;) Someday I'll get to stay in a resort within walking distance to a park!!

What a view!! Can't wait to read more.

And to think I never cared much about views before this trip. I'm hoping to be able to post tonight about our evening at Epcot. It's been a l-o-n-g week at work.

Love the view! My BFF and her family are staying there next summer with a military rate. That's one of the reasons why I wish DH got into the Air Force. ;) Someday I'll get to stay in a resort within walking distance to a park!!

We lucked out and found a pretty decent deal. It seems like the Swan and Dolphin have special rates a lot of the time. It was great being so close!

So enjoying your report! My Dsis and I leave in just 50 days for our sister trip to the World!:thumbsup2

Friday August 15
Epcot

I was going to start things off by linking to an actual in the wild sighting of the same unfortunate hotel abbreviation I mentioned in an earlier post, but it looks like they edited the thread title.

Oh bother, I’ll get to the good part, our evening at Epcot.

It was around 5:30 when we headed to the lobby, sidestepping drunk convention goers along the way – KIDDING! We never had a single issue with any Dolphin conventioneers, drunk or otherwise. I guess the upside to the Swolphin having this dodgy reputation is that these resorts often have good deals and last minute availability.

As soon as we set foot outside into the fragrant, humid evening and saw the manicured grounds we both said something to the effect of, “this is so vacation-y!”

I know it sounds silly, but though my sister and I have both traveled a fair amount, and have stayed at some pretty nice hotels, we have never visited an actual vacation resort. It felt really good to be on a proper vacation!

We decided to walk to Epcot following the path along the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

After not much time at all we were at Epcot’s International Gateway! This had been our favorite park as teens/tweens and it was hard to believe we were actually at this place we had dreamed of visiting again.

I used the Unofficial Guide to put together an unofficial touring plan for the night. I knew we wouldn’t hit everything on the list, but I figured it would help us make the most of our time. The plan had us starting at Mexico, so we decided to stroll through the countries and just soak in the atmosphere before we started trying to check off all the sights we wanted to see.

Our first stop was in Japan. We split a melon kaki-gori, a treat my sister had somehow never tried while she lived in Japan, and kept walking around the World Showcase Lagoon. It didn’t take us long to get to Mexico, where we both realized we were starving. We backtracked rather aimlessly while foraging for food and settled on Morocco’s Tangierine Café (it took me until typing the name just now to figure out why it is spelled that way). I had the Vegetarian Platter and my sister had the Lamb Shawarma Sandwich. You could tell the guy at the counter totally didn’t want to be there, and my sister said something to me like, “that’s not very Disney”, which cracked us both up for some reason. The food was pretty good. I think I had the better of the two meals but, truth be told, I’d had an almost identical dinner the night before from a local Middle Eastern restaurant. I love tabouleh and hummus.

After dinner we sauntered back to Mexico, where we entered the pyramid to ride Gran Fiesta. It made me remember how cool I thought the San Angel restaurant was when I was a kid. I haven’t heard very good things about their food, but I think I’d still like to try it sometime.

We got in our fiesta boat and the smell of the water really brought back Disney memories. It was a cute ride. There was a bit of a boat traffic jam, which resulted in some drama with a stupid teenage boy who thought he was being cute by pretending to climb out of the boat. Oh well. At least we started off our trip by riding on an attraction with a bit of that old Disney magic.

In Norway, we grabbed fastpasses for Maelstrom and each bought a Carlsberg in honor of our Danish ancestors. I had every intention of being an organized commando, but as we were both exhausted we took things pretty easy that night, and just sipped our beer as we enjoyed the park.

Somewhere along the way, we used our fastpasses and rode Maelstrom.

Soon it was getting dark and we started talking about finding a spot to watch Illuminations.

My sister was less than thrilled with the notion because she had all of two hours of sleep the night before, but she gave in because she knew I was really excited about it. We found a spot where she could slump down and rest against a wall until the show started. I emailed my boyfriend to let him know about our day and replied back to a friend who had commented on one of the Dolphin photos I had uploaded from my phone.

Then the show began!

I had warned her that I might get choked up during the show, but when the vocal version of We Go On started I was more amused than overwhelmed by emotion. It reminded us both of Christian contemporary music in a really funny way (sorry to those that love that song).

Over the top vocals aside, Illuminations was amazing, and a perfect way to end our first night at Walt Disney World. We headed out of the park and walked back to the resort via the Boardwalk. We caught a second wind and browsed at one of the shops, but soon found ourselves back at the hotel.

We turned on the TV and got caught up on the Olympics and then I took this shot from our balcony. It had been a perfect first day.

Day 2 is next!

I'm a little late to the party, but this trip report sounds like fun! Can't wait to read more! :cool1:

Thanks for joining in. I'm only just starting the trip part of my trip report, so you haven't missed anything!

Nice view you have there at the not ASSports. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

LOL. Thank you for finding an actual mention of that! Too bad they changed the thread name. I wanted to link to it from my report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter