Disneyana Convention In Orlando Cancelled

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by epcotfan, Apr 8, 2003.

1. epcotfan

epcotfan http://youtube.com/wdwchannel1

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...8,0,1834045.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

Disneyana memorabilia event is canceled
    By Robert Johnson
    Sentinel Staff Writer

April 8, 2003

Walt Disney World has canceled its annual Disneyana memorabilia show scheduled for August at Epcot.

The 12-year-old event typically drew about 1,000 to 2,000 collectors and dozens and sometimes hundreds of exhibitors.

In announcing the decision on its Web site, Disney said the company needed to focus attention and resources elsewhere.

But several exhibitors and collectors said changes last year rankled many attendees. For instance, they said, Disney set prices last year and did not allow buyers and sellers to bargain or ring up sales. Many participants said they would not be back this year.

Disney's announcement did not address such complaints.

2. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

Wow, I know of a few people who must be very upset about this. That's too bad. :confused:

3. wdw4us2

wdw4us2 <font color=blue>Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year

There were also many complaints last year from the Conventionears besides the vendor complaints.

I have attended Public Day of the Convention for the past 6 years (when it was at WDW) and it ran much better when it was at the Contemporary Resort. Any special event I have been to at Epcot leaves a lot to be desired.

This seems to be another case of Disney not wanting to address complaints to improve something - they would rather give up instead of striving for quality.

4. seashoreCM

seashoreCM All around nice guy.