Disney24: 2 Siblings, 4 Days & the 24 Hour Day! Updatedx2 8/3

xoSamma

DIS Veteran
Disney24: 2 Siblings, 4 Days & the 24 Hour Day!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the Magic Kingdom.
We warmly invite you to join Mickey Mouse and his Fantasyland friends for a magical celebration in the streets.
Dreams will come true, hearts will soar and you will become part of the magic...

Hi I’m Sam and I enjoy long walks around Fort Wilderness, skipping down Main Street USA, eating my weight in Disney food and taking spontaneous trips to Disney World. Once finishing my DCP this past fall I went back home where I’m now a lead toddler teacher. I'm back with another fun filled trip to share with a couple road blocks along the way.

My brother, Kenneth, KC, Kiss, whatever you want to call him, joined along for this trip. He just finished up his freshman year of college a couple days before we left and was in need of some Disney magic.

When: May 20 – May 24
Where: All Star Movies
Why: COOLEST SUMMER EVER 24 HOUR EVENT!

For the time has come to take your places and prepare to welcome the wondrous and wonderful FESTIVAL OF FANTASY!
https://flic.kr/p/tw62zy

IT’S A DISNEY DAY!!!!

It was officially the day I was going back to Disney! And lucky me I got the lovely 3:30am wake up call. Although it was way to early to be up for any normal human being, I was so excited to be up and to get to the airport.

The last minute “throw it in my bag I might need it” started. Then we were on our way to the airport at 4:15. Pa was kind enough to drop us off on his way to work. We said our goodbyes to Ma and Gma and off we went.

When we got to the airport we headed straight to the southwest check in. Joann who checked us in noticed our Disney attire and asked if we are doing the 24-hour event. This led to a whole big discussion, she told us how she did the first one for leap year with a group of people she met through the tourist blog. Her one advise to us was to drink smart water when you get tired. I don’t really know if that would help but she said around 2-3am she hit a wall and someone gave her smart water and she was fine the rest of night. She said she was sorry for talking our ear off she was just excited to find people who share the dis love.

Luggage was ready to go and we were off to security, which was a breeze. However of course I got stopped to swab my hands, like every time. We found our gate, and I had to stop myself from buying some which wich. Boarding started at 5, Kiss got on before me at the end of group A boarding. Right before they started letting group B board people from c wanted to go in group a because they had a child. This held up the whole process.

I finally got out, found kiss and we were ready for take off. We had the most precious kids behind us. The comments they were making as we took off made me laugh so much. “I love flying” “it feels funny”

Although it was only 5:30am I was too excited to sleep. So instead I watched my newest musical obsession, The Last Five Years. I mean Jeremy Jordan as Jamie, YES! His voice is perfect.

It’s a musical about a couple and their story is told almost entirely through songs using an intercutting time line device; all of Cathy's songs begin at the end of their marriage and move backwards in time to the beginning of their love affair while Jamie's songs start at the beginning of their affair and move forward to the end of their marriage.

After my movie ended I still had time to kill before we landed so I took a 20 min power nap. We landed at 7:50 and being back just made me so excited and happy and all the feels. I also was still on the plane so the real excitement was when I was on Disney property.

As we were walking through the airport I saw the figment pillow pet and literally freaked out to the point kiss thought something was wrong. Out of all the places I didn’t think the airport would have him. I know I don’t really NEED another pillow pet but it’s figment.

I didn’t buy him because I haven’t even started my trip. But I knew he was here so if I couldn’t find him on property, besides epcot because I'm not going there, I would buy him on my way home.

We made our way to the deserted Magical express area and got on our cruise bus to take us to movies.

Passed by all the landmarks telling me we were close, international drive, la finca, Gaylord palms. Then we drove under the sign and everything in life was back to how it was suppose to be…WELCOME HOME!

First stop was Coronado and I wouldn’t mind staying there again.

We got our own bus to movies after that, riding in style

When we arrived at Movies it was around 9:30. We couldn’t check in right away because Katt had to be there as well. So we put our carry ons in storage and decided to go check out the resort.

Continue to Next Post

Last edited:

Looking forward to following along on your adventures again! Hope you were able to get some school bread!

Following along! I'm hoping they do another 24 hour event Memorial Day weekend next year when we go so I can't wait to read about your experience!

Another report...awesome!!!!

Yay another report! Thanks for joining along

Let the magic begin!!!!

YES!!! All the magic to come

Yay! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Thanks Rachel for joining along!

Looking forward to following along on your adventures again! Hope you were able to get some school bread!

The only downfall to this trip, no school bread because we only went to Magic kingdom. But next time I'm in Disney I will indulge in all the school bread!

Great start! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :)

Thanks for following along!

Great start. I can't wait to read more.
Liz

Thanks for reading along!

Following along! I'm hoping they do another 24 hour event Memorial Day weekend next year when we go so I can't wait to read about your experience!

I hope they do another as well because after going to the past 2, 24 hour events I would definitely do it again!

Another report! Can't wait to hear about the 24 hour day!

Yay another report! Thanks for following along!

Tour Around the Movies

I love taking picture and I love Disney so both just fit so perfectly together. So while we had to wait to get our room why not photograph the resort?!

We first started in the Toy Story section because I really hoped that we would get to stay there. When you first come to this section RV welcomes you

Then you enter the toy world by entering Andy’s room through a huge door that shrinks you down to toy size.

And hands down this section is the BEST!

Next we headed over to the other side of the resort, which has 101 Dalmatians and The Mighty Ducks.

By this time I was melting. I tried to remember the time when I use to be able to be ok with the hot weather but after being in a tundra for 4 months I just wanted some AC and it was only the morning.

One thing I love to do on my trips are taking photos and videos, a lot of the times kiss was not feeling that at all. He was hot, he just wanted to get things done.

We headed to the back of the resort to check out the love bug section

The last section was the fantasia secition.

And some real classy pics

After finally finishing out walk around the resort we headed back inside the lobby for some AC and waited for Katt to arrive. We maybe waited 15 minutes tops and then Katt found us to check in. During check in the CM asked how we felt about Toy Story, like is that even a real question?! (I mean plus I also requested that section) But still I was pretty excited about it. We thanked Katt, said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways. Kiss and I headed up to our room and hung out for a hot quick second.

We didn’t spend too much time in our room because I needed to head to my town that is growing.

continue to next post

Last edited:
We've always stayed at Pop and never consider Movies, but those props and photo opportunities look way better than what Pop has to offer! Of course, I love being so close to AoA too!

That is awesome you got Toy Story...it seems everyone gets stuck in the Mighty Ducks!

I am very lucky! The mighty ducks section is far away from everything

I'm here following along too!

Yay! Welcome!

Following along - can't wait to hear about the 24 hour park experience :)

Thanks for joining in!

We've always stayed at Pop and never consider Movies, but those props and photo opportunities look way better than what Pop has to offer! Of course, I love being so close to AoA too!

I've always wanted to stay at movies for the Toy story section. I like the Values because of all the life size props. But of course AoA is the best, hands down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter