Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now my question is; If we have a room only reservation can we still get the dining plan or do I have to make it a package with a one day ticket for each of us?

Oh good! I have two kids into it too! Do they count the adult chaperones as part of the number? That would push the number up quite a bit. The minimum is 10 for the class.

They don't count for the class size and only 1 adult per five children is allowed so I didn't add an adult so that someone who needs to be with their child can be.

I asked a lot of questions before I signed up.

Wow, I had no idea they had programs like this. Thanks for posting!

Credit card only charged for the 5 day hoppers vs the 8 wrote the comments on.Will need to call in the morning.
Hope theres not a problem.
Anyone get their tickets?

I know there is confusion b/c there are several different programs with YES, but I wanted to confirm what I talked to Sarah about today:

We are homeschoolers and I wanted to confirm how long the tickets were valid for when we get them. She said that when you purchase the tickets it asks for your arrival and departure dates. The tickets will be valid for 7 days BEFORE your arrival date and for 7 days AFTER your departure date. Hope that helps anyone who is looking for that info.

The tickets are so reasonable compared to full price tickets. What is to stop someone from getting the cheap tickets and not showing up for the actual YES program? Not us personally, our kids are thrilled about the animal programs, but I just don't want people to take advantage of this.

I think that there are very few people who know about them. You are always going to have cheaters in life. I hate the idea that everything needs to be based on them.

How long has it been taking people to see that their credit card was charged. I signed up on Friday and I have not seen anything yet. If anyone has gone through this process for open enrollment please let me know how long it all takes. Just want some piece of mind that we are going to get the tickets

i'm trying to get a good understanding of everything. The tickets are only good if you go in Jan. correct? because the classes are only offered in Jan. correct?

i'm trying to get a good understanding of everything. The tickets are only good if you go in Jan. correct? because the classes are only offered in Jan. correct?

Yes, your date of travel must overlap with one of their 'open' class dates

Credit card only charged for the 5 day hoppers vs the 8 wrote the comments on.Will need to call in the morning.
Hope theres not a problem.
Anyone get their tickets?

I just checked my credit card statement. And I was charged $715 for 4 tickets. I had requested 8 day hoppers as well. And the $715 is $70 more than the $645 I was quoted for the 5 day hoppers. So it looks like the 8 dya hoppers went through for me. I hope anyway!

Please someone help me out. Am I correct in thinking that I can buy park tickets for a steeply discounted price and all I have to do is take my 3rd grader to a pretty cool limited chance experience?
Then I have park tickets to use at my leisure for 7 days prior or 7 days after the event I choose? Is there something I am missing?

Please someone help me out. Am I correct in thinking that I can buy park tickets for a steeply discounted price and all I have to do is take my 3rd grader to a pretty cool limited chance experience?
Then I have park tickets to use at my leisure for 7 days prior or 7 days after the event I choose? Is there something I am missing?

That is exactly how I understood it but I feel the same way like I must be missing something because it is too good to be true. I called the program coordinator on Friday and she said that it is true and the programs are great. She said you do not need to be part of a group you can just be a family travelling. My only concern is that the tickets have not been charged to my cedit card yet so I am hoping that goes through soon. I just went online and registered for the program we wanted and selected the tickets. I hope that helps! If I find anything else out I will post

:rotfl: That appears to be the case! It's crazy!

They don't count for the class size and only 1 adult per five children is allowed so I didn't add an adult so that someone who needs to be with their child can be.

I asked a lot of questions before I signed up.

I asked sarah about the chaperones and she said the adult requirement/limit only applies to school groups - for open enrollment any adult can attend that wants to.
I love Disney, and I am sure nothing would happen, but I would not send off my child with strangers for hours :confused3 he is only 8 though

My tickets for January arrived by FedEx today. We bought 6-day park hoppers and saved over $400 and we're really excited about the class too! From the description, it looks like we will be going places in Animal Kingdom that we'd go to anyway... but with a Disney guide!

This did take a few phone calls to make happen. I asked a million questions first, and then we couldn't purchase the 6-day tickets online, so under advice from Customer Service I bought 1-day tickets and then followed up with a phone call. I was still holding my breath until the tickets came today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter