Disney Y.E.S. Program

BTW, does anyone know how late you can pick up tickets until? Are they open into the evening at the ticket counters for pu or no? Thanks!

At least one ticket booth and/or Guest Relations should still be open up until park close. For some time after park close, Guest Relations outside the park should also still be open, although I don't know quite how late.

At least one ticket booth and/or Guest Relations should still be open up until park close. For some time after park close, Guest Relations outside the park should also still be open, although I don't know quite how late.

Ok great!! THank you. I would really like to eat dinner in Epcot that first night we arrive but I don't think that will be until 6pm or so. Hopefully we can get our tickets that late still! :)

WOO-HOO!!!
So excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Just booked Homeschool days for us...I was hoping to do YES but the week we are there there is none that my older 2 can do together and none at all for my 5 y.o. so we booked Homeschool Days and we can all attend as a family!
We got parkhoppers for the 1st time as we could never afford them before and after what happened on our last trip I felt we really would like the option of parkhopping!

If more YES classes open up that week maybe I'll get lucky and be able to add them to
a class...but right now I am just thrilled that we are actually going!
And a big thank you to my in-laws for agreeing to share a rental place with us so we can afford to go!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before...I've been searching for this answer for over an hour now. I will be attending the class in Hollywood Studios with my 2 daughters at 7:30 am. My DH and 6yr old DS will not. Can they hang out in the park until it opens or do they have to drop us off and come back?

Also, if you are just signing your child in and not staying in the classroom, what is there for a parent to do? Is there shops open or attractions inside the park that are open? Can I go grab some fast passes...LOL.

I just called the YES Program to see if there was a chance that they will have any classes the end of December. She told me that they are not going to schedule any classes for November and December. I am really disappointed. I thought maybe if they got enough request there might be a chance.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before...I've been searching for this answer for over an hour now. I will be attending the class in Hollywood Studios with my 2 daughters at 7:30 am. My DH and 6yr old DS will not. Can they hang out in the park until it opens or do they have to drop us off and come back?

Also, if you are just signing your child in and not staying in the classroom, what is there for a parent to do? Is there shops open or attractions inside the park that are open? Can I go grab some fast passes...LOL.
When we did the YES class at Ak last year me and my 2 kids went in and then my dh and younger ds just waited outside at the turnstiles for the park to open and then went in. Then we met up for lunch when the class was over. BUT i think our class started at 8:30, not 7:30 :goodvibes

Does anyone know if it's possible to add on the no expiration option to YES tickets?
No, it is not possible. The YES tickets can't be upgraded in any way. If you want park hopping and water parks, be sure to add it when you order, because you won't be able to add it after you get the tickets. ;)

They won't be able to get into the park until it opens at 9:00 (or 8:00 if it's an EMH morning). They could walk over to the Boardwalk and have breakfast at Cape May Cafe, or something like that. They'd be able to come back to the park when it opened.

"letsgoreds" Yes, we know that only two adult tickets are purchased at the reduced rate. We were planning on everyone purchasing tickets at full price when we arrived, so the reduced rate for just their three tickets is a big savings. We are really excited that there was a program available for him while we were there!

Thanks so much for your response. By the way... does your username refer to the Cincinnati Reds? My DD and DS are HUGE Reds' fans! They will surely be wearing their Reds' gear while visiting the World this summer. lol.

YES, my family and I are big Cincinnati Reds fans. We live in between Dayton and Cincinnati, close to Kings Island (opening in a week-yeah!). That is wonderful that your trip matches up with a program. I can't believe I haven't heard of this before...and I am surprised that it isn't MORE expensive to take the class. I wish I could take them! Don't forget to look for a bit of a discount from Undercover Tourist. Every dollar counts.

Have a wonderful trip and congratulations on the growth of your family!

YES, my family and I are big Cincinnati Reds fans. We live in between Dayton and Cincinnati, close to Kings Island (opening in a week-yeah!). That is wonderful that your trip matches up with a program. I can't believe I haven't heard of this before...and I am surprised that it isn't MORE expensive to take the class. I wish I could take them! Don't forget to look for a bit of a discount from Undercover Tourist. Every dollar counts.

Have a wonderful trip and congratulations on the growth of your family!

Thank you!!

I was told that tickets could be picked up in Downtown Disney at Quest. Has anyone picked up from DTD?

I want to pick up tickets the day before we enter the parks. I don't want to wait in line for tickets wasting precious park time the day of. BUT I'm also to cheap to pay for parking just to pick up tickets!

BTW....we aren't going until Aug. My kids are doing the Making Waves with a Marine Career on Aug. 13. Anyone else?????

I just called the YES Program to see if there was a chance that they will have any classes the end of December. She told me that they are not going to schedule any classes for November and December. I am really disappointed. I thought maybe if they got enough request there might be a chance.

That is disappointing! DS is homeschooled and I wanted him to take a class to take a class, not for the discount. I'm really sad now. :sad1:

I might consider doing this next year instead of ap's. Ds would love several of these.

OK, I've read through most of this thread and just got off the phone with a YES staff member. I'd like to make sure I'm correct in my thinking before I pull the trigger this evening on registering/buying tickets. Please chime in if I'm off base in my understanding.
It will be me, DW, DS18, DD16 and DD8 going for 9 days the end of July/early August. I'm signing up DD8 for the Animation Magic class (opinions anyone?). I can attend the class with her at no extra charge. The YES staff member told me I can purchase the YES tickets for everyone in the immediate family (or all 5 of us). I've read conflicting opinions on this point in this thread so I asked this question in a variety of ways and got this same answer. If accurate this is HUGE as it would save me over $900 on a 6 day premium ticket. The purchase occurs at the time of registration and is non refundable. I receive a letter/voucher and pick up the actual tickets at one of the 4 parks or at group sales near House of Blues. Tickets cannot be picked up at a Water Park. The ticket is good for 7 days prior and after the actual class.

Am I understanding this correctly?

OK, I've read through most of this thread and just got off the phone with a YES staff member. I'd like to make sure I'm correct in my thinking before I pull the trigger this evening on registering/buying tickets. Please chime in if I'm off base in my understanding.
It will be me, DW, DS18, DD16 and DD8 going for 9 days the end of July/early August. I'm signing up DD8 for the Animation Magic class (opinions anyone?). I can attend the class with her at no extra charge. The YES staff member told me I can purchase the YES tickets for everyone in the immediate family (or all 5 of us). I've read conflicting opinions on this point in this thread so I asked this question in a variety of ways and got this same answer. If accurate this is HUGE as it would save me over $900 on a 6 day premium ticket. The purchase occurs at the time of registration and is non refundable. I receive a letter/voucher and pick up the actual tickets at one of the 4 parks or at group sales near House of Blues. Tickets cannot be picked up at a Water Park. The ticket is good for 7 days prior and after the actual class.

Everything looks right here. The only question I'd have on it is DS18 being an adult, but if they said it's OK since he's a sibling, then it should be OK.

It is my understanding that you will only be able to get four tickets through the YES program. You have two children and three adults, as your DS18 would be considered an adult. I don't know if they will do it for you over the phone, but I do know that you cannot do it online. I tried it for you. When I list an 18 year old with the children, it pops up a message saying that anyone over 17 must be listed with the adults. When I list an 18 year old with the adults, it pops up a message saying you cannot receive more adult tickets than child tickets.

The bolded is not correct. You actually put in your own arrival and departure dates when you register. The tickets can be picked up on the arrival date you select and are good until 7 days after the departure date you select. The dates for the tickets are not tied to the class, so you can be much more flexible with planning your trip. (Ex. you could go for two weeks with the class the last day of your trip) :thumbsup2

We have always picked up our Y.E.S. tickets at group sales. It's a window connected to the Disney Quest building, if I remember correctly, or very near that building. Almost at the very end of DTD, by Cirque, etc.

We do not do parks on every day of our trip, especially the first/travel day, so we pick up at DTD on travel day to be ready for parks on the next day. I believe that window closes earlier than guest services at the parks, maybe. If I recall, I had to pick up before 5pm there last time.

~Leigh (who is anxiously awaiting the January/February 2013 classes so I can really get started planning our next vacation - scheduled around Homeschool Days)

Thanks very much for the helpful replies. So if DS were 17 he'd be eligible for the YES tickets as well (5 total)? He's 17 now but will turn 18 shortly before we leave. Oh well. Anyone with any thoughts on the Animation Magic class?

That is disappointing! DS is homeschooled and I wanted him to take a class to take a class, not for the discount. I'm really sad now. :sad1:

I'm sorry. They typically schedule during slow times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter