Disney Y.E.S. Program

We just returned and did the Animal Behaviors class at Animal Kingdom. Our facilitator was fantastic, the subject matter was like some other posters very young (class age 7-13 or something, my kids are 7 and 8). Will for sure do it again though!

Wow, I just priced out the individual enrollment tickets for a potential trip in the next month and HOLY COW1 did the price go up! We did the YES program 3 years ago and saved about 45% on our park tickets. Now it was less than 10% savings. Still enjoy the program, but bummer.

Wow, I just priced out the individual enrollment tickets for a potential trip in the next month and HOLY COW1 did the price go up! We did the YES program 3 years ago and saved about 45% on our park tickets. Now it was less than 10% savings. Still enjoy the program, but bummer.

I had just heard that the group discounts were going to be quite minimal starting soon. I think they just priced us to every other year. We are not doing Disney this next year.

My husband and I have annual passes. Our kids do not have tickets yet. If we want to enroll them in a class, does one of us adults have to purchase tickets or can we just pay to attend the class?

Thanks!

Depending on your child's age, anyone over 14 can go by themselves. Under 14 a parent must attend. Id call and see if you have to buy a base ticket or can enter with your AP. Youll likely still have to pay for your portion of the class which I believe is like 34.00.

Depending on your child's age, anyone over 14 can go by themselves. Under 14 a parent must attend. Id call and see if you have to buy a base ticket or can enter with your AP. Youll likely still have to pay for your portion of the class which I believe is like 34.00.

Unfortunately, ever since Disney switched to using an outside company to coordinate these, your AP can NOT be used for entry. In order to attend a YES program you must purchase at least a 1 day ticket as well as the YES ticket. And, even worse news (sorry), unlike the "free dining" requirement of buying a ticket even if you have an AP, you can't save the YES entry ticket to use at a later date to upgrade to a larger ticket.

So basically if you have an AP.....the YES program will cost you a lot more than someone coming in just for the YES program, and staying a few more days.

This information was correct as of our trying to book a YES program in March, 2016.......I haven't heard of any changes to the YES program since then, but you never know with Disney. We opted out of these wonderful programs because having to buy entry tickets was just too expensive when we already had APs. I went up the chain through 3 different supervisors, but no go on using the AP. If anyone gets different results PLEASE post who you spoke with so I can try this again, lol.

Ok, let me make sure I have this right. We enrolled our daughters in the program for this September. We purchased my ticket through the Y.E.S. program, as well as both of theirs. My husband has an AP. He can not attend the program without paying for the full day admission, correct? Will they let me take the girls myself since there is 2 of them and only one of me? (They are 5 & 6).

Ok, let me make sure I have this right. We enrolled our daughters in the program for this September. We purchased my ticket through the Y.E.S. program, as well as both of theirs. My husband has an AP. He can not attend the program without paying for the full day admission, correct? Will they let me take the girls myself since there is 2 of them and only one of me? (They are 5 & 6).
In the past, only one of us has gone with our kids, while I waited at the Electric Umbrella with my infant. As for the class, you as an adult have to pay for the class as well. Those are about 34.00 a day. What I was thinking was that since you had an AP, maybe they would let you just pay the extra 34.00 instead of buying a ticket with it. I don't know if they require you to buy a ticket plus the class as Ive never had an AP. Itd be worth it to call and ask.

When you purchased your tickets, if you designated yourself as the adult who would be attending the class, then yes - your scenario would work. You and both daughters have YES tickets and will attend the class and your husband can use his AP to enter the park just as he would any other day.

When you purchased your tickets, if you designated yourself as the adult who would be attending the class, then yes - your scenario would work. You and both daughters have YES tickets and will attend the class and your husband can use his AP to enter the park just as he would any other day.

Perfect, that was what I was thinking. Thank you!

We signed up all 4 kids yesterday for fall classes!! It's been a few years and everyone is excited!!

Experience Synergy in Science at Epcot for my 5 year old!!
Discovering Marine Life Conservation at Epcot for my 13 year old!!!
Exploring Disney Animation History at DHS for my 15 & 17 year olds!!

Our trip is in less than 2 weeks. So excited and stressed.

I ordered our YES tickets in June and already had my ticket numbers delivered and applied to MDE so I could choose FP+. We don't have Magic Bands, how do we get in the parks? What do I need to do when I arrive?

When we did a YES program, we had info on when/where to pick up tickets in our confirmation email. We had to go to will call I believe. Granted, this was before magicbands, but check that confirmation email for instructions. Hopefully it will tell you what to do.

Whoa - I see they just added new individual classes for Jan/Feb. and the cost of tickets went up! I am so sad about this. For 2 adults and 2 kids, the price went up over $400! It's pretty much the same price as just getting the tickets on their own. Boo! I was excited to try this an option to save a little bit of money and the classes sounded cool.

Check out the Disney Youth channel on YouTube. It gives a great description of each class. It's what we used when we voted for our class.

Our trip is in less than 2 weeks. So excited and stressed.

I ordered our YES tickets in June and already had my ticket numbers delivered and applied to MDE so I could choose FP+. We don't have Magic Bands, how do we get in the parks? What do I need to do when I arrive?

When we attended the YES program last October, I linked the ticket numbers on my MDE and then took the confirmation email to will call in DTD on our arrival night. They will give you the actual park tickets there. Then we bought magic bands and the CM linked the bands to our MDE. If you choose not to get magic bands, you only need the tickets you picked up at will call to enter the park.

I never really understood that there were individual YES classes that any school aged child could sign up for. So this is our first year doing it. I saved 22% and I was really excited. I can't even imagine how amazing it was in yrs past if you could save 45%!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter