Disney wreath help needed

NoodlesTheRabbit

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I am a teacher as is my mom and we would love to hang Disney themed wreaths on our doors this year. Does anyone have one, have made one, or have ideas for one? I am a little creative, but I can't even think of where to start! Thanks, Holly

like this?

47b5cc35b3127cce95b319e8f42100000026108AZMmzNs4cOE

oh sorry, you said Disney themed, not Mickey Mouse...

Well, if you wanted princess, you could do a pink or silver tinsel wreath and get princess figurines, silver christmas picks, and a complementary ribbon. Or, it might be fun to do princessy things like glass slippers, tiaras, etc, and use princess ribbon.

Fab 5, same thing...oh it would be fun to do Fab 5 "parts" - Mickey shorts, Donald hat, Goofy hat, Minnie shoes, Pluto collar...

Or how about an antenna ball wreath? That would be fun...

OH. Hmm, well how about making a "wreath" of pencils or crayons or something like that, and then hanging disney pvc figurines from it? Maybe make Disney shrinky dinks, then you can use any image you want?

I saw Kmart had Disney back to school supplie - pencils and such. The dollar also has that stuff sometimes. You could use those in the wreath.

They are good ideas! I wanted to maybe do a vine wreath with ivy around it...maybe I'll add some Disney stuff around it. Any other ideas??

Get a regular wreath and attach antenna toppers with hot glue

I made a "hidden mickey" wreath with two smaller grape vine wreaths and one larger one. Fastened those together with floral wire. And to change the "theme" of it, I made ribbons with different themes.....red, white and blue ribbon for patriotic holidays.....ribbon with Christmas patterns for Christmas....

Maybe you could find ribbon that was yellow with school buses on it??? Or Suzy Zoo ribbon....that always reminds me of school for some reason. :)
or ribbons in your school colors?

these are some ribbons i found at jo ann fabrics website:

99333.jpg.fpx

99894.jpg.fpx

That is a good idea! I'll have to go to AC Moore or Michael's today. Do you know approx. what sizes the wreaths were that you used? Thanks everyone!

NoodlesTheRabbit said:
That is a good idea! I'll have to go to AC Moore or Michael's today. Do you know approx. what sizes the wreaths were that you used? Thanks everyone!

Oops., sorry it took me awhile to get back to you....

My large wreath is 14 inches in diameter. The two smaller ones are about 8 inches.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words:

IMG_3595.jpg

ohiominnie...Thank you!!!! I made the wreath tonight and I LOVE it! I think I'm going to just change the bow to match the holiday or season and leave it on my door all year. Thanks again!

Glad I stopped over from the Community Board.

What great ideas!!! This teacher is on her way to Jo Ann's and Michael's to get wreaths to make a Mickey wreath for my door. I think I will do a grapevine or straw one now and maybe make a "Pine" one for winter!

Thanks for the idea. :thumbsup2

What a great idea :love: I cant wait to make one for our resort door when we go in Nov...esp love the idea of changing out the ribbon for different holidays...thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter