Disney World Dining Booking Window Moves to 180 Days

No, they don't charge for akershus I have a resi for Oct & no charge. I've also never been charged for CRT ahead, because it was not a set amount, so that's new. As for the dinner shows, those I have been charged at the time of booking.

When was the last time you were at CRT? It's been a set amount for quite some time, at least two years.

From All Ears: Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner is a fixed-price meal hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.

Adults $57.19
Children 3-9 $34.78
Price includes tax and gratuity

Oh well. If you haven't been charged in advance, that's good for you, I guess. Not that it really matters.

I don't know anything about Ashkerus. I just assumed that all meals they took a cc for was instant charge now. If it's not, then I guess it's fine *IF* this rumor is true that they start taking them for all meals. I just feel bad for those that don't have cc.

When was the last time you were at CRT? It's been a set amount for quite some time, at least two years.

From All Ears: Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner is a fixed-price meal hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.

Adults $57.19
Children 3-9 $34.78
Price includes tax and gratuity

Oh well. If you haven't been charged in advance, that's good for you, I guess. Not that it really matters.

I don't know anything about Ashkerus. I just assumed that all meals the took a cc for was instant charge now. If it's not, then I guess it's fine *IF* this rumor is true that they start taking them for all meals. I just feel bad for those that don't have cc.
It was quite a few years ago... maybe in '01??? I see they've changed things. :)

I'm not a CRT fan at all. I think it not worth it unless your travel party includes children, which mine does not. :)

If you haven't added it yet, yes. Not sure if you book your ADRs with the dining plan and then decide to go to a room-only reservation how that would happen. Theoretically, it shouldn't cancel your ADR, but then you no longer have payment. We don't get the dining plan because it doesn't fit our style well, so I don't know a lot about it.

Ok, you lost me somewhere. I have the dining plan. So outside of the "special" restaurants, why would I need a credit card to ADR say for Rose & Crown, etc, i.e. regular restaurants?

No, they don't charge for akershus I have a resi for Oct & no charge. I've also never been charged for CRT ahead, because it was not a set amount, so that's new. As for the dinner shows, those I have been charged at the time of booking.

I was asked for a cc number when I booked the akershus princess breakfast and was told if I no-showed, I'd be charged like $10 per person or something.

Ok, you lost me somewhere. I have the dining plan. So outside of the "special" restaurants, why would I need a credit card to ADR say for Rose & Crown, etc, i.e. regular restaurants?
Currently you don't. The speculation is, that if Disney starts requiring CC holds at all table service restaurants that it will cut down on double bookings and no-shows.

Oh I SO hope they need a cc to reserve EVERY ADR. You'll see how quickly ADR slots open up. :) I'm all for it and will willingly hand over my cc# every time they ask.

Not to be dumb but what financial gain would it serve Disney to do this? I can't see where it would be helpful to them.. :confused3

currently dinner shows (which includes CRT) require payment in full at time of booking unless on the DDP, in which the card is required to secure the booking.

some locations such as akershus, california grill, V&A and experiences such as BBB require a credit card to secure the booking and will charge a per person penalty in case of no-shows.

Not to be dumb but what financial gain would it serve Disney to do this? I can't see where it would be helpful to them.. :confused3

With the CC requirement it will cut down on all the no shows for ADR's. No shows do cost them as they are not filling the seats, many of us don't even try to get in on a walk up so they may not fill them that way.

This is one person posting. If you read his site, you will find that he is in UTAH! I wonder how he has managed to hear something that nobody else, including people who work at WDW, have heard.

At best this belongs in the Rumors and News Forum, not this one.

This is one person posting. If you read his site, you will find that he is in UTAH! I wonder how he has managed to hear something that nobody else, including people who work at WDW, have heard.

At best this belongs in the Rumors and News Forum, not this one.

I figured it would have been magically transported over to "Rumors & News" after about 10 minutes, myself! ;)

Also, what if you have the Dining Plan? Do you still need to give a credit card?

Yes, I had the dining plan in May and booked the Norway dinner for my granddaughter and family and had to put up the credit card for the no show. It is $10 per person on the reservation if there's a no show. The credit card is not for the meal, it's for the penalty of not showing up for your ADR.

I figured it would have been magically transported over to "Rumors & News" after about 10 minutes, myself! ;)

Hey, it's Saturday. I'm a little slow today. ;)

I've moved this thread to the Rumors and News board. :)

Your cc wouldn't be charged unless you didn't show... like they already do with Akershus, the dinner shows, etc.

I wish they'd do that, it would free up a lot of the double adrs people book & the no shows. Maybe some of us would be able to get our adrs we want.

how do you figure?
The way I see it, the same people how double book at 90 days will now double book 180 days.
I don't do it but it's not like it's hard thing to do and get away with.
It's not like they check id's or have to stay at a resort or have the dining plan to make an ADR's.
Untill they take a cc and charge for late cancels or no shows, people will still double book.
(maybe they could charge, say $10, for ADR, then when you show up $10 is credited off your bill.)
Till it costs double bookers money, they will do it. Even then some still will.

I am all for all of this...move the ADRs back to 180 days...though it seems unlikely to happen this soon.

I also am fine with a CC hold for all ADRs, as long as you are still allowed a reasonable time (say 24 hours) to cancel. I think it is extremely rude to make an ADR and not use it. (I don't have a problem with booking a few extra ADRs, as long as they are cancelled ahead of time.)

SkierPete

I'm all for a move back to 180days....although even if it were true it won't help with this December. :(

The only thing with taking a cc and charging for no shows is that there are times when you can be delayed or unable to come through no fault of your own (ie Disney transport stuffs up) or something happens like an illness etc.
For this reason we will make a couple extra ADRs for ones we REALLY want to do incase I get ill (I get ill every trip now at some point...and not just a sniffle)
With no medical documentation from a doctor...are they likely to believe you even if it is true and remove the charge. And it is a major inconvenience (especially when currency conversion charges would mean you don't get a full refund)

In theory it sounds great....but there are a great deal of flaws in the concept of charging for ADRs to things other than shows and Cindy.

With the CC requirement it will cut down on all the no shows for ADR's. No shows do cost them as they are not filling the seats, many of us don't even try to get in on a walk up so they may not fill them that way.

Yeah... but they don't need to move to a 180 day window to do the CC thing

The move back to 180 days was brought up first on Touring plans - maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Not that that makes it true either - just saying this guy from Utah might have got it from there...made up a date to go with it?

SkierPete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter