Disney Wonder Dry Dock Watch - 11/10 Wonder departs on first cruise out of Galveston

Ooh! Ooh! I have tidbit to add about an "upgrade" during dry dock.

Shutters will be getting new hardware/software to enable them to issue picture packages on flash drives instead of CDs (like on the Dream and Fantasy). When I was picking up my CD I asked if they were having any problems because so many new computers do not come equipped with CD drives, and he confirmed that is was becoming an issue.

So after the dry dock the photos will be back in the 21st century.

As always, I keep poking around. A friend who just returned back from Alaska aboard the Wonder said that the Concierge staff alluded to the Outlook Café being turned into the Concierge Lounge. I know, it's still just a rumor. But, it's another touchpoint...

As always, I keep poking around. A friend who just returned back from Alaska aboard the Wonder said that the Concierge staff alluded to the Outlook Café being turned into the Concierge Lounge. I know, it's still just a rumor. But, it's another touchpoint...

I hope so. I wish DCL would make an official announcement soon although I guess we'll know for sure in a few months.

I sincerely hope they do NOT turn the Outlook into a concierge lounge. It is so much brighter than the COVE and a nice place to go sit quietly and watch the scenery go by.
They've been using half of it for concierge in the evenings. Perhaps they will continue to do that or only remove half of it for a permanent lounge.

On our latest cruise, a CM told us that the future of the Wonder is to remain on the Pacific. I am not sure if he meant after the first of two ships are built or to what time frame he was referring. He pretty much stopped telling us more...almost as though he had said enough or prematurely. Then again, it could be a rumor.
Personally, I think this would be great! Does this mean more cruises to Hawaii??

On our latest cruise, a CM told us that the future of the Wonder is to remain on the Pacific. I am not sure if he meant after the first of two ships are built or to what time frame he was referring. He pretty much stopped telling us more...almost as though he had said enough or prematurely. Then again, it could be a rumor.
Personally, I think this would be great! Does this mean more cruises to Hawaii??

Not sure... There have been rumors of that for years and years... Supposedly thats why some of the carpets show a ship on the west coast too.

Not sure... There have been rumors of that for years and years... Supposedly thats why some of the carpets show a ship on the west coast too.

That carpet print is telling!... The original plan when the Dream class came out was for the Wonder to be on the west coast full time.......Alaska in the summer, and the Mexican Riviera in the winter. However like all plans made up by mice and men, the gang crimes in Mexico chased the cruise ships away and the Wonder started return voyages to the east side.

I would think with the gang crimes down, it is possible the she may return to full west coast service at some point .

AKK

I don't think there is space for it. On the Magic they only redid the entrance area. No refurb of the rainforest room. But it is an interesting question, I will add it to the unanswered questions.

So happy to hear this for our upcoming return to the Magic. IMHO, the spa on the classics is much better than on the Fantasy.

if this was the case it would have to be after one of the first ships were built, I'd assume. I'd just say this because me and the wifey are booked for the western bound cruise on april 2017.

kind of wish they would keep the route 66 theming of the adult area, or turn it into more of a cars themed area..that would be awesome.

if this was the case it would have to be after one of the first ships were built, I'd assume. I'd just say this because me and the wifey are booked for the western bound cruise on april 2017.

kind of wish they would keep the route 66 theming of the adult area, or turn it into more of a cars themed area..that would be awesome.

While the Cars themeing would be great, I doubt they would do it. The adult only (lounge) area is theoretically aimed at adults. Cars is really a kid sort of themeing. But, they could tie it into the already existing Route 66 theme, that could be do-able.

I would love to do Hawaii on a Disney ship! I hope those are the plans for it in the coming years!

I would be nice if DCL registered one of the ships in the US so they could do Hawaii when not doing Alaska.

I would be nice if DCL registered one of the ships in the US so they could do Hawaii when not doing Alaska.
They can't register any of the ships in the US. One of the requirements for a US flag is that the ship must have been built in a US facility (at least most of it). All the Disney ships were built outside the US.

And the biggest problem with flagging ships with the US flag - it means that they have to abide by US labor laws and minimum wage requirements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter