Disney Wonder Dry Dock Watch - 11/10 Wonder departs on first cruise out of Galveston

I realize that the cm's can't be completely trusted with this information, but our server on the 8/1 Alaska cruise told us that part of the spa area would be converted into the concierge lounge. I thought this made more sense than some of the other possibilities of where it would go that have been posted.
He seemed to know a lot and will be one of the workers staying onboard doing the work. He also said that there will be no Aquadunk, just the twist and spout slide, and that all of the carpets will be replaced.
That would be so cool. At least it would mean that they won't be taking away half of the somewhat minimal inside viewing spots really necessary for the Alaska cruises. Like on the Magic.

I realize that the cm's can't be completely trusted with this information, but our server on the 8/1 Alaska cruise told us that part of the spa area would be converted into the concierge lounge. I thought this made more sense than some of the other possibilities of where it would go that have been posted.
He seemed to know a lot and will be one of the workers staying onboard doing the work. He also said that there will be no Aquadunk, just the twist and spout slide, and that all of the carpets will be replaced.

That would make me really happy if its true - I really think taking away the inside area of Cove would be a terrible loss during the Alaska cruises!

I definitely have my fingers crossed that this is true for the Concierge lounge. It will nice to have both sides open next year when we are in Alaska. :)

I hope that there will be some kind of televised show about the "re-imagined" Disney Wonder on destination America the way they did it with Disney Magic.
We took our first cruise on the magic shortly after the dry dock and really enjoyed watching that show beforehand.
Just as a guess, I'd say they wouldn't. The re-imagining, for the most part, is probably going to be quite similar to what the Magic got. They already invested money in making the Magic show. A Wonder-specific show would be redundant.

I think we can post the link here http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...reveal-additional-disney-wonder-enhancements/

I wish he was more explicit about the concierge lounge. He says it is taking over some of the cove cafe but I'd like more info since the map isn't clear...
We were on the Wonder in August. DH and I used that upstairs area one morning for pastries/coffee/quiet talk while the kids slept in, and it was rainy and cool out. I can easily see how they could just put a wall up by the bar area and delegate the center and starboard as concierge. The port side has stairs up from Cove Café. On the new map it shows the upstairs area as Cove café as well.

We were on the Wonder in August. DH and I used that upstairs area one morning for pastries/coffee/quiet talk while the kids slept in, and it was rainy and cool out. I can easily see how they could just put a wall up by the bar area and delegate the center and starboard as concierge. The port side has stairs up from Cove Café. On the new map it shows the upstairs area as Cove café as well.

That was my take on it as well. Looks like we will get to keep the Port side of Outlook Cafe seating area as part of Cove Cafe. But the center bar area and the Starboard side seating will be the Concierge Lounge (like on the Magic).

I think we can post the link here http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...reveal-additional-disney-wonder-enhancements/

I wish he was more explicit about the concierge lounge. He says it is taking over some of the cove cafe but I'd like more info since the map isn't clear...
When I was on her a few months ago, they were using half of the Outlook cafe as a concierge room in the evenings. It was only closed off by signs saying special event. We were still waited on on the open side of the the Outlook Cafe and the Cove Cafe (the downstairs) was still completely open for everyone. It worked out fine. There was still plenty of room and viewing for Alaska upstairs.

I think that is the problem. Scott is just posting what he saw online and did make it clear he knew nothing more than what he was seeing and did not want to over speculate.
I am sad that most of the fantastic outlook cafe will be sectioned off for those with exclusive rights If you think about it to keep it the same as the magic the concierge door will be in the elevator lobby so everything will need to be kept away and the stairs down to the cove cafe will be all that is remaining.
My family enjoyed that area, and unless we find a stupid amount of cash to cruise concierge we are now denied access to somewhere we loved.

When I was on her a few months ago, they were using half of the Outlook cafe as a concierge room in the evenings. It was only closed off by signs saying special event. We were still waited on on the open side of the the Outlook Cafe and the Cove Cafe (the downstairs) was still completely open for everyone. It worked out fine. There was still plenty of room and viewing for Alaska upstairs.
If they make the concierge spaces the same as the magic and access from the elevator lobby the same we will have so little space up on deck 10.

I'm with you... on our last 7-day, the Cove Cafe became a daily hang out for DH and me. We used all parts of it, so until we're cruising concierge (we're gold), I'm going to miss parts of our cafe!

I have updated the first post with the info that can be found in the newly published deck plans. All the new information is in red so that you can easily see what is new! Thanks to Scott from www.disneycruiselineblog.com it was very easy to figure out the main points. He published an excellent article! Thanks to @Mr. Drauer for pointing it out a few days ago!

In case you have missed it, here is the link again:http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...reveal-additional-disney-wonder-enhancements/

We'll be sailing on the Wonder in March. I hope they haven't "reimagined" the charm out of the Cadillac Lounge! It has been our favorite spot on our favorite ship.... a mellow, relaxing place to sit by a port hole and have a pre or post-dinner cocktail while enjoying the piano music. We like it much better than Keys on the Magic. Sometimes new and "reimagined" isn't better!

Karen

We'll be sailing on the Wonder in March. I hope they haven't "reimagined" the charm out of the Cadillac Lounge! It has been our favorite spot on our favorite ship.... a mellow, relaxing place to sit by a port hole and have a pre or post-dinner cocktail while enjoying the piano music. We like it much better than Keys on the Magic. Sometimes new and "reimagined" isn't better!

Karen
We found Keys quite similar to what it was before - Sessions. Just new decor. And both are very much like Cadillac Lounge. It wasn't often very busy in there, and the piano music was pretty standard "piano bar" music.

We found Keys quite similar to what it was before - Sessions. Just new decor. And both are very much like Cadillac Lounge. It wasn't often very busy in there, and the piano music was pretty standard "piano bar" music.
I would be very surprised to see major changes in Cadillac Lounge, as DCL pays quite a bit of money for the use of the brand in the lounge. Since that particular space is not getting rethemed, I presume they are locked into a multi year contract with Cadillac.

That's encouraging. We found Keys to be a bit more glitzy than Cadillac, but not that much different otherwise. My husband, being an old car enthusiast, liked the Cadillac theme, so I hope it looks much the same as before. Why ruin a good thing?

You've taken a LOT of cruises! We went through the Panama Canal in September 2014.... on the Wonder. We also sailed on her in Alaska the year before. Both times we had Jimmy as Cruise Director. I wish he was still going to be on the Wonder. Captain Guus took us through the canal, while avoiding Hurricane Odile and a couple of tropical storms. It was quite an eventful trip! We had to forego Cabo and Puerto Vallarta as they were being affected by Odile. Promenade deck closed, port holes on the lower decks covered..... memorable cruise, to say the least!

Thanks for your input on Cadillac. Whatever the changes are, this is going to be just a four-night cruise with our daughter and her family. Castaway Cay is the highlight :).

Karen

I would be very surprised to see major changes in Cadillac Lounge, as DCL pays quite a bit of money for the use of the brand in the lounge. Since that particular space is not getting rethemed, I presume they are locked into a multi year contract with Cadillac.
They pay Cadillac for the privilege of promoting their brand?
Are you sure? Where did you hear this? How much do they pay?
17 years is a long agreement to be locked into for disney!
Who told you this? Why isn't it trademarked? Cadillac TM Lounge? No sponsorship or signage?
Confused!

They pay Cadillac for the privilege of promoting their brand?
Are you sure? Where did you hear this? How much do they pay?
17 years is a long agreement to be locked into for disney!
Who told you this? Why isn't it trademarked? Cadillac TM Lounge? No sponsorship or signage?
Confused!
Unfortunately I do not remember when/where I heard that. I think it may have been on an Art of the Theme ship tour, but ashamedly things blur across 27 cruises. It was presented as a trivia note that Cadillac Lounge was the most expensive public space to construct and it was because of the branding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter