Disney Wonder crossing the Panama Canal, Aug 26, 2016

I went to Pinterest and made our own family Disney shirts. We will tell the kids at Christmas when they unwrap their shirts!!

I went to Pinterest and made our own family Disney shirts. We will tell the kids at Christmas when they unwrap their shirts!!

That is an adorable idea!

This is our second Disney cruise and we're just too doggone excited! Does anyone know if any of our ports will be good places for parasailing? My eldest is interested in cinematography and it seems like a cool way to get aerials of each city with her GoPro, and my younger daughter just loves adventure - two birds. :)

Hi, my husband and I and our 3 kiddos are booked for this cruise! I am beyond excited as this is our first DCL experience! I'm interested in the FE, but I don't know much about it! Already counting down the days to embarkation!

This is our second Disney cruise and we're just too doggone excited! Does anyone know if any of our ports will be good places for parasailing? My eldest is interested in cinematography and it seems like a cool way to get aerials of each city with her GoPro, and my younger daughter just loves adventure - two birds. :)

I know they do it in Cozumel. I would also think in Cabo. Parasailing is so awesome, I hope you find something :)

Hi, my husband and I and our 3 kiddos are booked for this cruise! I am beyond excited as this is our first DCL experience! I'm interested in the FE, but I don't know much about it! Already counting down the days to embarkation!

Welcome :)

Have you cruised other lines?

I know it's still early but I'm trying to research hotels around the San Diego port/airport. We plan on flying in the night before. Anybody know the area and have any recommendations?

Hi everyone! My husband Robert and I just booked! This will be our second Disney cruise. My husband turns 40 next year so we decided it was a good excuse to do something special. I've never done the FE's before and looking forward to participating in them on this trip. ☺️

Again, it is time for me to apologize for not being here. As some of you might know, we went on two vacations to Italy this summer and we got back from the second one just two days before school started again.
I did not anticipate at HOW time consuming it would be to go back to work and it did not leave me much DIS time. I am trying to catch back up with things and have started the FE list and have been thinking about dividing the list after a certain number of staterooms having signed up. I think 15 staterooms would be a good number. Very managable on a 14 night cruise. Let me know what you think.

And just a little reminder ..........

11 months from today
we will start our journey that will lead us through the Panama Canal

IMG_6516.jpg

on this beautiful ship

IMG_6713.jpg

Now, on with replies .......

DW and I have been eyeing this cruise for a while. We'll be putting our home up for sale soon, so it'll really depend on how the home sale and buying a new home process goes. We're also holding out to see if there are any military rates like the EB cruise this year. Normally we just book early, but we want to try the military rate for our next cruise. If all goes well we'll see you on board!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, so everything will work out in your favour, including a good military rate. Let me know when you are booked, so I can add you to the list. :thumbsup2

So my main goal is to do the inaugural half marathon at Disneyland Paris ... which is 2 weeks after the cruise gets back. My boyfriend REALLY wants to go on this with me though. So fingers crossed that this still may happen ^_^ If he goes along with me, it might just work :)

Good luck with the DLParis marathon. It was great to read that they will include DLP as a marathon spot as well.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you so everything will work out. :goodvibes

Hi everybody :wave2: thanks Karin for reminding me about the cruise thread :)

:welcome: Pam!

We booked on opening day and I couldn't be more excited :hyper:

So did we! And I still have to pinch myself to know that I am not dreaming! Can't wait for this cruise. :hourglass

It will be my mother and I joining you guys. She might try to convince her DBF to join us but no word on him yet. It will definitely be mom and I. We're also going on the Fantasy in January, so at time of sailing this will be moms 7th and my 8th cruise. All DCL. And it will be our longest.

Lucky gal, going on the Fantasy in January! Are you doing an Eastern or Western itinerary? Well, no matter which one, they are both fun. ;)

I can't wait for 14 days on the ship, that will be heavenly!!!

The longer cruises are so much fun and give you quite some time to really enjoy the ship. We have done a Fantasy back to back cruise, which gave us two weeks on the ship and I was sooooo sad when we had to leave after two weeks. We just loved it on there.

We haven't done an FE since our first cruise, let us think about that. We've only done Bahamas and Caribbean itineraries so this will be fun for many reasons.

Would be fun to have you participate in the FE as well. We have done it every cruise and still love doing it. Think about it and let me know. ;)

My husband and I will be going on this cruise for our 30th anniversary. Our very first cruise (Disney of course) was for our 25th. This will be our 6th Disney cruise...so first Gold for us. So excited!

:welcome:
Great to have you on board!
First gold cruise? So you will be invited to the Castaway Club reception. :cool1: See you there! :goodvibes

LOL. My mom called me and talked about coming on this cruise with us, but then looked at her calendar and said it was too close to the DLP race (she plans to voluntear) :-)

Good luck with the race!

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone! We just booked today! Our group is me, DH, my Mom, D (14), D (12), and S (2)! We sailed on the Fantasy back in fall 2013 and we've been eagerly waiting for the opportunity to book this cruise.

Glad to have you on board!

We are totally interested in doing FE's! We will be spread across two rooms, though. Both on Deck 2. I'll msg you later with the details, Dizneeat!

I put you on the FE list and please let me know the details (everyone's first names, ages of kids and stateroom number. Will both staterooms participate as one or do you want me to put you in for two groups?

Hi everyone! My husband Robert and I just booked! This will be our second Disney cruise. My husband turns 40 next year so we decided it was a good excuse to do something special. I've never done the FE's before and looking forward to participating in them on this trip. ☺️

What an exciting cruise to pick for your second Disney cruise! And an awesome reason to celebrate! :thumbsup2
I am glad you decided to join us for the FE. I put you on the list in the first post. Please let me know your first name and your stateroom number so I can update all the information.

What an awesome idea. And how cool to surprise the kids with it. You must be very brave to keep it a secret for so long .... I know I could not. :rotfl2:

I am no help with parasailing, but I wanted to add that I think this is a great idea to take aerials. Your girls are some daredevils. ;)

Just booked -- going solo -- first DCL cruise and excited for Panama Canal!

Great to have you on board.
Solo or in a group, you are going to love DCL. So much to do and see, I am sure you will not be bored. And then the Panama Canal .....

Great to have you on board.
You are so going to love cruising with Disney. They definitely know how to do this right. Sooooo much fun. How old are your kids? The clubs are just amazing. We don't have any kids of our own, but did sail with friends who had some and they would not leave the clubs. They loved it there.

I am pretty sure you would love doing the FE. It is so much fun.
What it is is like a Secret Santa kind of thing. Outside your stateroom there is a "fish" where DCL usually leaves you messages. On this fish you hang your FE (fish extender), an "organizer" or other kind of bag and people in your group will leave you a gift during the cruise. You do the same for every stateroom in your group. It is up to you what you give, can be something from your home town, or something you made yourself. It is so much fun to come back to your stateroom and find gifts in there.
And even more fun to see someone walking around the ship with something you gave. ::yes::
KT
Let me know if you want to parcipitate. It will gladly put you on the list. All I need to do so will be everyones' first name, the ages of your kids and your stateroom numbers. Let me know if there are any allergies either. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I know it's still early but I'm trying to research hotels around the San Diego port/airport. We plan on flying in the night before. Anybody know the area and have any recommendations?

I have looked into it as well, but still not made any decisions. There is a Wyndham at the port, which I think is walking distance. I'll let you know if I can find something else, close to port.

What an exciting cruise to pick for your second Disney cruise! And an awesome reason to celebrate! :thumbsup2
I am glad you decided to join us for the FE. I put you on the list in the first post. Please let me know your first name and your stateroom number so I can update all the information.
[/QUOTE]

Can't seem to PM you......But it's Leslie and our Stateroom is 1078.

Can't seem to PM you......But it's Leslie and our Stateroom is 1078.

Sorry, I didn't realize you had less than 10 posts, which you need for PMs. But thanks for letting me know, I updated your info and will put the link into the first post later today.

Again, it is time for me to apologize for not being here. As some of you might know, we went on two vacations to Italy this summer and we got back from the second one just two days before school started again.

No need to apologize, life gets crazy. Especially after getting back from vacation and going right back to work!

And just a little reminder ..........

11 months from today
we will start our journey that will lead us through the Panama Canal

IMG_6516.jpg

on this beautiful ship

IMG_6713.jpg

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Lucky gal, going on the Fantasy in January! Are you doing an Eastern or Western itinerary? Well, no matter which one, they are both fun. ;)

An Eastern, we'll be going to Tortola for the first time, we're both so excited!!! Well, we're always excited about the next vacation so that's not unusual :)

The longer cruises are so much fun and give you quite some time to really enjoy the ship. We have done a Fantasy back to back cruise, which gave us two weeks on the ship and I was sooooo sad when we had to leave after two weeks. We just loved it on there.

I had us booked on a Fantasy B2B a couple years ago. Unfortunately had to cancel one. I bet it was amazing to do that!

Would be fun to have you participate in the FE as well. We have done it every cruise and still love doing it. Think about it and let me know. ;)

I will definitely let you know.

We are! We are! We booked this and the four day repo cruise before it. 18 glorious days on our favourite ship. We transferred our Star Wars cruise to this and are so happy about it. The timing works a whole lot better and its over twice as long on the boat. Super hyped about it. We plan to drive to Vancouver (yay less airfare!). It will be me (celebrating my 30th!) and my mom (celebrating retirement!) and my four kiddos P(boy 9), C(girl 7), E(boy 5) and A(girl 4). We are experiencing whole new room types too on this cruise and the 4 day will put us at gold for the first time. I can't even describe how excited I am for all of it. (My eldest was telling everyone at school today, I had to keep reminding him it was well over a year away.)
Soooooo excited! Just booked this cruise. We always wanted to do a Panama Canal crossing and the dates were never right. But now they ARE!!!!!!!

Before we took our first cruise we were sure that this would be a one time thing, but like everything else at Disney, we fell in love with cruising and this will be cruise no 16 since 2009.

Looking forward to get to know many of our fellow cruisers! :flower3:

Cruisers Roll Call:
Kim Sandoval
AZRose
DisneyLessy
PontiusPython
MeekoPooh
Pinkocto
melglnh2o
PrincessBrit
slykrab
pj2216
MomOf2inSD
ahain
Spacecase1
Lisa
DisneyEJT
Jareds_mommy

Amunet
Krissy22222
MrsMork1

Liat
GarakDS9
Dizneeat

Fish Extender participants:
DisneyLessy

PontiusPython
melglnh2o
PrincessBrit
slykrab
Spacecase1
Dizneeat

Anyone in for a FE exchange?
FE Exchanges are very popular, so the number of participants can get quite large, especially as the cruise date nears.
So not to scare someone off by a giant group, the group will be broken up into smaller groups (of about 15 “participant groups” – works better than staterooms as often a family has more than one stateroom).

Be aware that the groups will be divided BY DECKS to minimize the time you will need to deliver the gifts.
To give everyone time to prepare, the deadline to join the FE Exchange will be JULY 15, 2016. I will then post links to all the individual groups.
Please let me know if you would like to join MORE than 1 group.

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a “Private Message” with the following information:

*Stateroom Number

*Names of everyone in your cabin

*Ages of children

Fish Extender 101

Fish Extender Info

cruiseklein_5.jpg

So, do you want to join our Fish Extender Exchange?

Soooooo excited! Just booked this cruise. We always wanted to do a Panama Canal crossing and the dates were never right. But now they ARE!!!!!!!

Before we took our first cruise we were sure that this would be a one time thing, but like everything else at Disney, we fell in love with cruising and this will be cruise no 16 since 2009.

Looking forward to get to know many of our fellow cruisers! :flower3:

Cruisers Roll Call:
Kim Sandoval
AZRose
DisneyLessy
PontiusPython
MeekoPooh
Pinkocto
melglnh2o
PrincessBrit
slykrab
pj2216
MomOf2inSD
ahain
Spacecase1
Lisa
DisneyEJT
Jareds_mommy

Amunet
Krissy22222
MrsMork1

Liat
GarakDS9
Dizneeat

Fish Extender participants:
DisneyLessy

PontiusPython
melglnh2o
PrincessBrit
slykrab
Spacecase1
Dizneeat

Anyone in for a FE exchange?
FE Exchanges are very popular, so the number of participants can get quite large, especially as the cruise date nears.
So not to scare someone off by a giant group, the group will be broken up into smaller groups (of about 15 “participant groups” – works better than staterooms as often a family has more than one stateroom).

Be aware that the groups will be divided BY DECKS to minimize the time you will need to deliver the gifts.
To give everyone time to prepare, the deadline to join the FE Exchange will be JULY 15, 2016. I will then post links to all the individual groups.
Please let me know if you would like to join MORE than 1 group.

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a “Private Message” with the following information:

*Stateroom Number

*Names of everyone in your cabin

*Ages of children

Fish Extender 101

Fish Extender Info

cruiseklein_5.jpg

So, do you want to join our Fish Extender Exchange?

We are also sailing on the PC cruise, but are new to the Fish Extender Exchange. We always saw them around the hallways and wondered what they were. We found out about them on our recent Hawaii cruise from the people we sat with at dinner. We would love to join but since I am new to the DIS board I can't private message just yet. This will be our 6th cruise with Disney, I agree once you go DCL you never go with any other cruise line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter