Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 17, 2015

Great! I'll post the list once we get, say 5 cabins?

Let's get the conversations going!!!!!!!

This is Amy and my seventh cruise, 4th on the Wonder and first Alaskan. We splurged, at recommendation, for the veranda. Was told that this was the time. You can set on your own chairs, wrapped in blankets and when it gets to cool you can just hop back into your room. Also don't have to squeeze for room on deck. Granted that will only work for half the time when that side is facing the shore :beach:

We haven't decided what we are bringing for leaving at the desk for signatures yet. We've done the picture mats, autograph books, Christmas ornament and even a banner for the troops overseas.

As for port adventures since this is our first Alaskan we aren't sure what ones to do. We are leaning towards whale watching (love animal ones), sled dogs (gotta love the puppies), a native ceremony, and the character panning for gold. Would love to do a glacier one but those seem to all involve helos and NOT HAPPENING!!!!

I've heard instead of Pirate night they will be having Pixar Pals. Going to be hard to dress up for that one :p Unfortunately they told me no fireworks :sad:

Really looking forward to new photos with the characters in different outfits.

As far as I know there is a formal and semi-formal night. Still debating on the "garb". Bouncing between dress uniform (since this is celebrating my retirement) and my kilts (always love an excuse to bring out the full kit).

Jim

Looks like we'll be getting a special visit and deck party Frozen style. :) My kids will be over the moon! They don't know we are going yet, by the way. We never told them we were supposed to go on the one we had to cancel due to DH's injury back in October (Thank God for trip insurance). So, I'm going to schedule a call from Captain Mickey for a week before departure so they have time to get excited.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd....52_1009843185696654_2731702479601187528_o.jpg

We have a verandah, too, but it has as much to do with 5 of us in a room as anything else, and a napping child. Figured this way we can put the baby down for a nap and enjoy the scenery from the verandah while the kids play in the kids area for a couple of hours.

Hello. We are booked for this cruise date and would like to participate in the fish extenders. This will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first was on the New Years Disney Dream Cruise to the Bahamas. Our information is below:

Susan - Pooh Bear, Thumper, Goofy, Olaf, Mike and Sulley
Laura (DD) (20) - Maleficent, Dug, Chip and Dale, Nemo, Simba

Cabin #- 6551

Thanks! Can't wait till Aug 17th!

We're very excited to be on our first cruise to Alaska! We're cruising with our two sons (11 & 8), and a large family group.

We're very excited to be on our first cruise to Alaska! We're cruising with our two sons (11 & 8), and a large family group.

Hello. We are booked for this cruise date and would like to participate in the fish extenders. This will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first was on the New Years Disney Dream Cruise to the Bahamas. Our information is below:

Susan - Pooh Bear, Thumper, Goofy, Olaf, Mike and Sulley
Laura (DD) (20) - Maleficent, Dug, Chip and Dale, Nemo, Simba

Cabin #- 6551

Thanks! Can't wait till Aug 17th!

Welcome!

Looks like we'll be getting a special visit and deck party Frozen style. :) My kids will be over the moon! They don't know we are going yet, by the way. We never told them we were supposed to go on the one we had to cancel due to DH's injury back in October (Thank God for trip insurance). So, I'm going to schedule a call from Captain Mickey for a week before departure so they have time to get excited.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd....52_1009843185696654_2731702479601187528_o.jpg

We have a verandah, too, but it has as much to do with 5 of us in a room as anything else, and a napping child. Figured this way we can put the baby down for a nap and enjoy the scenery from the verandah while the kids play in the kids area for a couple of hours.

Awesome! Always trust Disney to keep things fresh! Even better our FE from the last cruise was Frozen themed so we fit right in :)

Jim

Hello All. I will let my cruising Friends know that you are beginning to think about FE, as they have already mentioned it.

This is going to be the trip of a lifetime!
R

-------
Disney Fantasy 2012
Disney Dream 2014
Disney Magic 2015
Disney Wonder - August 2015

Hello All. I will let my cruising Friends know that you are beginning to think about FE, as they have already mentioned it.

This is going to be the trip of a lifetime!
R

-------
Disney Fantasy 2012
Disney Dream 2014
Disney Magic 2015
Disney Wonder - August 2015

The more the merrier,
Jim

Hi all,

My family of 4 will be joining on this one for our 7th DCL trip (2nd to Alaska). Benjamin-DS(11) will be celebrating his 12th birthday 2 weeks early; maybe Mary-DD(8) will also do so but by 2 months. This is the first time we managed to talk one of our friends into coming, so we also have Betty-DW's friend (Tessie) and her two sons ~14 (Zach) and ~6(Tristan) in the neighboring cabin.

Looking forward to FE, but have a question on it. We have had simple FE experiences (candy, pencils, magnets) and high quality FE experiences (fleece blanket with everyone's name embroidered, ice cream sundae kits, etc.). Is there a plan on which way is encouraged?

Welcome.

My 7th as well and have been part of an FE on every cruise. We've received hand made items, personalized items and even just stuff that people put together like bags of candy. Love them all. It's all in the fun it brings to you.

BTW, for the last 3 cruises we've been lucky to have a movie premier. I know Ant-man comes out the month before but don't see anything planned for August.

Jim

Kilted Candyman, thanks for organizing the FE! (And thank you, also, for your service to our country).

This is our family's second Disney Cruise and first time to Alaksa. We prefer to use aliases but I'll have to get back to you on what we want to use this year... for now I can tell you there's me, DH, DS (11), and DD (8). We're in Stateroom 2112. Getting this FE rolling is really making this trip seem more real to me (we booked the first day it was open to us- seems like forever ago)!

Last edited:
not sure what happened to my last post?? We want in on the FE's, did it last time and so much fun, just me and dh. cabin 6583
sandy and Lynn,

Kilted Candyman, thanks for organizing the FE! (And thank you, also, for your service to our country).

This is our family's second Disney Cruise and first time to Alaksa. We prefer to use aliases but I'll have to get back to you on what we want to use this year... for now I can tell you there's me, DH, DS (11), and DD (8). We're in Stateroom 2112. Getting this FE rolling is really making this trip seem more real to me (we booked the first day it was open to us- seems like forever ago)!

not sure what happened to my last post?? We want in on the FE's, did it last time and so much fun, just me and dh. cabin 6583
sandy and Lynn,

Great!!!

This weekend I will type up the beginnings of the FE list. Let me check in with the forum gents to see if I can get an FE thread so the updates list will be at the top.

Jim

Hello....I'm new to DIS boards. My son and I are booked on this cruise to Alaska Aug 17-24. This will be our third Disney cruise, second on the Wonder, and first time to Alaska. Colin and I will be traveling with my parents and their best friends....5 adults and a 13 yr old. We will be in 3 rooms on 2 decks. We haven't participated with the fish extenders game before but would like to this time. What do we need to do to join the fun? Also, what do we need to know to participate?
Carie

Ok...We are in.

Carie Mickey
Colin (13) Goofy
Celebrating Carie's b-day (beginning of Aug) & Colin's b-day (end of Sept.)
Cabin 5632

Ron Grumpy
Sandie Minnie
Celebrating both of their retirements
Cabin 7624

Bob Donald
Carla Aurora
Celebrating both of their retirements
Cabin 7626

We are in for the FE! This is our 2nd DCL cruise, but our first trip to AK! so excited!!

Kathee (me!) - Up, Dug, Beauty and the Beast, Pluto (celebrating my birthday 8/23! and our 20th anniversary!)
Mark (DH) - Star Wars, Pooh, Mickey's 3 muskateers, Wall-E
Alec (DS - 15) - Star Wars, Eeyore, Incredible Hulk
Josiah (DS - 15) - Wall-E, Captain America
Naomi (DD - 13) - Minnie
Meghan (DD - 10 - Maleficient, Duchess from Aristocats
Cabin 2107

Doesn't look like there's an FE group yet. If no one minds I can oversee it? I've done it before.

As for Cruise Meets normally the best time is around 3pm. Plenty of time to get to you cabin and go AHHHHHHHHH but before the Mandatory Drill at 4pm. Easiest place is normally the Promenade Lounge

Jim
When will be find out how many people are in our group? It looks like we have at least 5 rooms signed up. This is our first Disney cruise and are very excited. Would like to get busy in FEs.

We booked this cruise whilst on the Venice to Barcelona cruise last month, amazing time. So looking forward to this Alaska cruise. Tony, Maria and DD Anna (14) :banana:

Hi:
We are also on the cruise with DD Bron (14). Me (Andrea), Troy if he can get the hols and my mom and dad (San and Rich). Alaska is a revisit for us since we live in Vancouver. Very beautiful and relaxing. Hope we get good weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter