Disney Withdrawal..Who else experiences this?

Leaving disney and going back to reality is the hardest thing to do especially when you have to get on a 15 hr flight.

But luckily in 75 days we are excited and thankful to be travelling all the way from Australia for our second trip to Disney.

Our first one was to Disneyland in 2015 (2 weeks of bliss but not long enough haha) we all agreed that we had to experience Disneyworld next while still on our last trip and our next trip would be bigger and better! Which it will be..We even brought annual passes as we are visiting disney from the 18th Dec until 25th January and it was cheaper option than 9 x 10 day tickets for 30 days for the 3 of us, with the added value of the discounts for our disney shopping spree...s
If we lived over there you wouldnt be able to get us away from the parks.

To pass the time in between each visit, my fiancée got some footage each day of our trip last year on go pro which he has made awesome dvds for us to watch and reminisce..that helps alot, as do watching all the awesome vloggers on you tube. We also have a paper chain days to go countdown hanging from hooks in our roof of our living area so our 6yr old daughter can see how long until we leave and she gets to remove the rings for each day or sometimes a week in one go.. we kind of went over board with a 300 day one this time but hey its Disney got to keep the excitement up and forget about those dis withdrawals:disrocks:

Also already thinking about fiture trips helps. Bring on star wars land.

We only made it about one year before we started planning our second trip! We're going in December!

Hah - this is a good thread. I thought we were going to be every three years people. We took our then 5 year old twins to DL in 2012 then we planned a big 2 week WDW trip in 2015. We were "Parked out" at the end of those two weeks and thought well we will wait for Star Wars land to be all built. But lo and behold we just bought a trip to DL for right after Christmas. At least we made it over a year ? ;) :0 Now I am obsessed. DL planning is less intense than WDW I have found but I am almost missing all the planning for FPs way in advance :)

I'm glad I found this! It's definitely a real thing. We went on our first trip with our 2 yr old last month. We planned to be a once a year family but now are going in March for our sons birthday and probably again in Nov or Dec to experience Disney at Christmas. I'm thinking we will probably go every 7-9 months but I'm sure that will change when DS hits school age.

We use to be once a year people. That turned into twice a year. Then we got annual passes cause if you're going 2 times a year it's worth it. Once we got our annual passes we started taking the local allegiant air flights for quick weekends. Last year we took 6 separate trips. I no longer get sad when I leave. I know the next one is a few months away. :goodvibes

Ps. I'm not rich. I'm just crazy and put all my extra money towards Disney trips.

I'm interested in flying Allegiant next time. What do you find is the most cost-effective way to get from Sanford airport to WDW? Thanks!!

I'm interested in flying Allegiant next time. What do you find is the most cost-effective way to get from Sanford airport to WDW? Thanks!!
We usually rent an economy car. Alamo usually offeres a slightly lower price to allegiant customers. There's shuttles and taxis you can take but we prefer having the ability to drive. :)

We just got back a week ago and i'm already planning for our next trip!! I love to plan, read trip reports, dining reports. I watch youtube videos about WDW.

Oh, my fairies am I suffering from Disney Withdrawal!! You spend so much time and energy planning, looking forward to and hoping-then a week (if you're lucky!) living it, then it's...all...over...I just want to go back!! Please take me back!!!! What do you all do to make it better??
We do every time!! We'll be scratching that itch this December though!! 12/28/16-1/5/17 Pop Century

After my solo trip in September 2016 I was so sad. I spent so much time with Disney podcasts, a never ending stream of Disney YouTube videos playing most of the day and my tinkering around on the Disney site that after my trip was over I didn't know what to do with myself. I took a break for a few weeks then decided to start saving to take myself again in September 2017! It felt like it had been ages since my trip and it was actually like 25 days. Ugh. DH isn't a Disney person so I'm flying solo again (or maybe with a girlfriend) until DD is old enough for us to all go together. Until then, mommy is taking off for momtrip2.0

I heard someone on one of my podcasts say that he beat the Disney blues by visiting a Disney store then having lunch at a Rainforest Cafe.

I am glad I brought back a Starbucks Magic Kingdom mug so I can start my day with Disney!

This morning I bought the 2017 Unofficial Guide from Amazon. That will be fun to read over the next year.

By the end of our 3 days I am normally ok with going home since my feet and legs are normally killing me but then after a week of being home I become very upset. If I could spend a whole week or more there and have cool down days where I just spend time at the hotel or at DTD then I could definitely live there. I live the next state over and there are actually quite a few people who have AP's here, I'm just worried that I would make the purchase and then not use it enough. Just paying for the hotel itself is normally spendy.

We never even make it home from Disney before we are planning our next trip. I'm so glad we aren't the only ones! We spend months watching Disney documentaries, Disney movies, researching restaurants and making the perfect plan. It's my stress relief and the best cure for Disney detox.

I began this journey in 2012 and went every 18 months or so until 10/15---BUT that all changed when we spur of the moment booked a girls trip for 6 months later...we have now made it until now, where we just booked yet another for January (girls trip again). It looks like we are heading to every six months. I think ideally I would love to get season passes and do a quarterly trip. But I will have to lower my resort budget from Deluxe...what are your favorite Values anyway? My other thought is to just buy a pop up camper, being in Atlanta, its reasonable for us to drive. Thoughts?

I had it horribly after my first true adult Disneyland visit. Even after my last 13 hour visit, I left thinking I was good on Disney for awhile.. nope.. the next day I was back checking wait times longingly on the app.

We got back Oct. 3rd and I'm totally in full depression!! We were comped 4 one day park hopper tickets for ants in our room. They expire 10/17 so my husband and I decided to go just me and him 2/27-3/5/2017. It will be a much different trip. This past one was a group of 10 and we stayed at Caribbean Beach. Me, my husband, my 22 yo son, our 5 yo granddaughter (our daughter's child--she couldn't go this year), my parents, my sister, her husband and 2 kids. It will definitely be different without the herd to try to gather! We are renting DVC points from a friend and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I can't wait!!

Oh, my fairies am I suffering from Disney Withdrawal!! You spend so much time and energy planning, looking forward to and hoping-then a week (if you're lucky!) living it, then it's...all...over...I just want to go back!! Please take me back!!!! What do you all do to make it better??

I have this same problem!! Like others here have said, we definitely start planning right away for the next trip, but another fun thing I've found is the Disney Magic Kingdoms game in the App Store! It allows you to create your own park and interact with all your favorite Disney characters! It's a fun way to pass the time until your next trip!! There's a fun DIS thread for the game if you all decide to try it out!! Have fun planning!!
http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-magic-kingdoms-tips.3494259/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter