Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

Hi I just remember something!!
Go look at my Pre'TR. you responed on my TR. in Aug.
I knew I had seen you before. That is just crazy!!!
I'm enjoying your report!
Sorry about the Sickness!! Be there done that,and Don't want to
go back!!:lmao: :lmao:

Keep the report coming!!:cheer2:

Another great update!:thumbsup2

Your meal at Corral Reef sounds wonderful! We still haven't gone there, but it is certainly on my short list!

And I am totally impressed with the fireworks views from Pop!:)

I have never been to Coral Reef, but your pics and video make me want to try it now! :thumbsup2

UGH! there is nothing worse than getting sick on vacation! at least it didn't last too long.

Swimming is always such a great way to end a day!

Looking forward to your AK day.......:simba:

Hi I just remember something!!
Go look at my Pre'TR. you responed on my TR. in Aug.
I knew I had seen you before. That is just crazy!!!
I'm enjoying your report!
Sorry about the Sickness!! Be there done that,and Don't want to
go back!!:lmao: :lmao:

Keep the report coming!!:cheer2:

Yep, I did, here's the copy-paste:lmao:
Hello, we'll be arriving at Pop the day you leave Sept. 10. I'll look for the sad faces w/ luggage. :lmao: I always feel sad for the people leaving as I arrive. Then I feel like every one is looking at me that way when I am on my way out w/ luggage. Hope you have a great trip.:banana:
That is too funny. Well either you didn't look sad or I wasn't keeping my eyes out. Probably both.:rotfl2:

Another great update!:thumbsup2

Your meal at Corral Reef sounds wonderful! We still haven't gone there, but it is certainly on my short list!

And I am totally impressed with the fireworks views from Pop!:)

Yea, not too shabby huh?

I have never been to Coral Reef, but your pics and video make me want to try it now! :thumbsup2

UGH! there is nothing worse than getting sick on vacation! at least it didn't last too long.

Swimming is always such a great way to end a day!

Looking forward to your AK day.......:simba:

Yes, we love Coral Reef. It definitely will continue to be a must for our trips.

I'm so honored that you posted your rumbly tummy for me! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Honestly, great trip report - I feel like I'm there again! Don't stop! :yay:

So, I have to ask, how are your arms today?? Hate to jump ahead of things...but you're typing a TR and I was thinking about that, that can't be easy with broken arms!!! Hope you're feeling okay and things are healing well these days. :hug: Have a great day! Off to get my little one to his Gymboree class...I'll check in later in case there is another update..hint, hint! lol!!:surfweb:

I'm so honored that you posted your rumbly tummy for me! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Honestly, great trip report - I feel like I'm there again! Don't stop! :yay:

Oh, no problem really. ;) Glad you're enjoying it.:goodvibes

So, I have to ask, how are your arms today?? Hate to jump ahead of things...but you're typing a TR and I was thinking about that, that can't be easy with broken arms!!! Hope you're feeling okay and things are healing well these days. :hug: Have a great day! Off to get my little one to his Gymboree class...I'll check in later in case there is another update..hint, hint! lol!!:surfweb:

I'm doing SO much better. Almost have full range of movement on right arm. Just can't lift things with it. (In fact I was surprised how much it hurt the other day when I tried to swat a fly with it). But it's free anyway. I'm still in a splint on left hand and will be for some time but now I have all my fingers available.

The next morning Mickey called again and we were all up and ready to start our day! Well, everyone except this one.:goodvibes
DisneyWorld2008274.jpg

No matter how much noise we all made she would not wake up. It was a good thing she was already dressed. We let her sleep until we were all ready then we just had to brush her teeth, fix her hair, and we were out the door. I had bought the girls each cheetah skirts for today. I even bought cheetah print ribbon for their hair. Here's my MAN putting ribbon in DD7s hair.:thumbsup2
DisneyWorld2008275.jpg

We had gotten our garden grocer delivery so we grabbed ourselves some breakfast, stopped by Classic Hall to fill our mugs and made our way to the bus stop. We usually would put sun block on at the bus stop (unless a bus came quickly) and eat on the bus.

Poor DD7 yet again we just missed rope drop. Hum, will she ever actually see the rope?

We picked up our stroller and made our way to the Safari.
image050.jpg

The line for the Safari moved pretty fast. We were in line for about 10 minutes.
This is the girls in line for Safari:
DisneyWorld2008276.jpg

I REALLY enjoyed the Safari. It was great we saw SO many animals. Way more than last year.
DisneyWorld2008278.jpg

DisneyWorld2008281.jpg

DisneyWorld2008282.jpg

DisneyWorld2008283.jpg

DisneyWorld2008284.jpg

DisneyWorld2008285.jpg

DisneyWorld2008287.jpg

DisneyWorld2008280.jpg

The highlight by far was that both lions were awake and up walking around on the rock. That was a real treat.
DisneyWorld2008288.jpg

DisneyWorld2008289.jpg

After getting off the Safari I really wanted to just get back in line and do it again but I refrained and kept on going.

Since there were still not many people in the parks we decided to go ahead and walk the Pangini Forest Trail while it was uncrowded. We didn't do this trail last year and really enjoyed it this year.
First DD7 wanted to take a picture in front of the turtle to show her teacher who likes turtles.
DisneyWorld2008290.jpg

This is a neat picture.
DisneyWorld2008291.jpg

As we were approaching the viewing area for the apes we saw the female walking away with a big bunch of hay. She never came back. The CM said she was building her nesting area.
DisneyWorld2008293.jpg

Next we were off to It's a Bug's Life. Here's one of many places where research on the Dis helped out. We took the "secret path". Shhhhhh. Anyway, it was not hard to find at all. It is right there in the open but most people are not aware it cuts you through the park. I imagine they don't mark it because it would get much too crowded. It truely is a hidden gem. In the middle there are lovely parrots to observe. And this beautiful waterfall. Not to mention all the crowd you avoid. We took this path twice and only saw one other family on it.:banana:
DisneyWorld2008295.jpg

Up next:hourglass: DH meets the Yeti

Never even heard of the "secret path". Tell me more. Love the picture of the lion...so pretty. You guys really saw a lot of animals. I don't blame you for wanting to go again. I would have too. Cute cheetah skirts!

Secret Path.....I need more details, too!!:) Glad to hear you are healing day by day and just down to one splint!! That's fantasic!! Btw, very impressed your DH was putting Cheetah ribbon in the girls hair...very cute!!!:lovestruc

Great update! Can't wait for the next one!

I am really looking forward to Animal Kingdom when we go this March, we have never been. :)

I'm really enjoying your trip report. :thumbsup2 Kudos to you and DH you all look like you are having a wonderful time despite the 2 broken arms (you poor thing!).

Can't wait to read more.

Great update! Your husband did get better at doing your hair, not that it didn't look cute on the other days.

Please do tell about the secret path. The only one I read about was removed. I'd love to file this info. away for my next trip. I haven't been to AK yet.

Wow - you lucked out with those lions!!!

And as for the "secret" path - I had read all about that here and on TGM, and even had printed directions on how to find it, but do you think I could???

I even asked about 5 CMs none of whom had the slightest idea what I was talking about! I even told them it was right near Bugs Life.

So please, please give me the simple, easy step by step of how to find it!

And finally, I have to say, your husband is going to win the hearts of all the ladies reading this for having styled the hair of his 3 girls each day!! LOL!:goodvibes

love the TR!

Never even heard of the "secret path". Tell me more.....

as a note to the "secret path" :

Near the FP machines, there is an area to your left. it has clear windows with animals inside, its a paved path with a waterfall, very close to the tree of life itself, the path comes out slightly near Pizzafari.

Never even heard of the "secret path". Tell me more. Love the picture of the lion...so pretty. You guys really saw a lot of animals. I don't blame you for wanting to go again. I would have too. Cute cheetah skirts!

Secret Path.....I need more details, too!!:) Glad to hear you are healing day by day and just down to one splint!! That's fantasic!! Btw, very impressed your DH was putting Cheetah ribbon in the girls hair...very cute!!!:lovestruc

Great update! Your husband did get better at doing your hair, not that it didn't look cute on the other days.

Please do tell about the secret path. The only one I read about was removed. I'd love to file this info. away for my next trip. I haven't been to AK yet.

Wow - you lucked out with those lions!!!

And as for the "secret" path - I had read all about that here and on TGM, and even had printed directions on how to find it, but do you think I could???

I even asked about 5 CMs none of whom had the slightest idea what I was talking about! I even told them it was right near Bugs Life.

So please, please give me the simple, easy step by step of how to find it!

And finally, I have to say, your husband is going to win the hearts of all the ladies reading this for having styled the hair of his 3 girls each day!! LOL!:goodvibes

love the TR!

as a note to the "secret path" :

Near the FP machines, there is an area to your left. it has clear windows with animals inside, its a paved path with a waterfall, very close to the tree of life itself, the path comes out slightly near Pizzafari.

Thanks all. O.K. there is a great map somewhere here on the boards by ROBO. Don't still have the link. We found the path coming from Africa just after the bridge. It was immediately to the left. My first thought was that it didn't look to secret. It's a kind of wide sidewalk. However, they don't put any signs up that let people know it leads all the way through. We did get a little confused coming from the Bugs Life side because you litterally walk through the exit of It's a Bugs Life. I can see why that would confuse people. The path is even slightly showing on the park maps. If anyone has a link to ROBOs map please feel free to post it. Hope that helps some.

Great update. I love that your girls will where matching outfits, or similar outfits. My girls are 8 years apart and there is no way a 17 year old is going to dress like a 9 year old. I too would like to see the map of the "secret trail". I'm hoping someone has the link.:confused3

Your girls are so adorable! You are such a trooper with your injuries and your husband really is a trooper as well (esp with fixing the girls' hair - my late husband was great with our daughter fixing her hair for school since I had to leave for work so early)!

I felt so bad for you and your DH getting food poisoning - I hate those types of "sudden" illnesses that give you no warning (I had a similar incident when I was taking meds for my torn ligaments in my ankle - was at grocery store and had absolutely no warning! Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky as you and didn't make it to the restroom - good thing my friend was with me and hurried out to buy some pants. Talk about embarrassing - I will NEVER set foot in that store again :lmao: )

I have a question for you if you don't mind: I'm visiting WDW in December with my DS15 (his first visit) and wanted to visit Epcot the first day. You mentioned you were allowing 2 days at Epcot (and I hope to as well) - would you recommend visiting FW first like you did or WS? (we will arrive around 11:00 a.m. & have 2:45pm reservations at Teppan Edo so thought we would hurry over to FW to ride TT & MS & get fastpasses for Soarin'). Since we will be eating our "dinner" at lunch time, we were planning on eating at the Cantina to watch Illuminations but don't think we will now!!

Hello, I have just finished reading all of your TR so far and I'm loving it. You are a much stronger women then I am, I don't think I would have been so brave to go to Disneyworld with two broken arms. Sorry about the food poisoning, thats horrible but I have made a mental note to stay away from that place when we go next month. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter