Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

So the next morning I woke up sooooper early. It was somewhere between 4-5 a.m. which at home would be 2-3 a.m. I am the type of insomnia sufferer in that I can usually go to sleep okay but if I wake up in the middle of the night it is very difficult for me to fall back asleep even though I am tired. I tried to fall back asleep. (BTW I had ear plugs in my ears to try to keep the noise down. Especially those monster toilets. I think it is sooo rude for people to flush their toilets in the middle of the night knowing how loud they are.) Anyway, a little about 5:30 I went ahead and got up. Now if I wasn't a cripple I would have started packing everything, done my hair, got dressed, you know.... normal stuff. Instead I think I read UG Disney book for a while, then I made a list of everything we needed to remember for our trip to EPCOT. And then I will never forget what I did next. I tried to put on all my own makeup. Ladies, have you ever tried to put on eye liner w/o an opposable thumb on your non-dominant hand? VERY difficult. By a little after 6 I was pretty ansy and wanted somebody to wake up. Of course everyone slept (which is good) until Mickey called at 7 a.m. It plays music at first but after you say hello a couple times Mickey and Stitch give you a wake up. The girls loved this. In fact by the end DD4 refused to get up w/o the call from Mickey.

We had ordered a delivery from garden grocer mainly for breakfast items but it would not be coming in for a couple hours. So we got ready and went by Classic Hall to grab a couple to-go breakfast items. We are not sit down breakfast people unless it's for character dining. The girls each chose an extremely big and messy chocolate muffin. We took them to the bus line and a bus came for Epcot right away. We were one the last family let on. A very nice lady put her daughter on her lap so the our girls could share the seat beside her. I love nice people.:hug:

It was a good thing they got a seat because they were trying to eat their ginormous muffins.
DisneyWorld2008215.jpg

(Yes, we always break the "no food on the bus" rule). This time I felt bad because there were tons of crumbs when they got up. I tried best I could to brush up the mess as we walked out.

We arrived just a little before 9 and our precious Hope has never yet seen rope drop. As we were passing the bus stop ques she kept saying "is that the rope?, is that the rope?. She really just wanted to see "the rope". Well, it wasn't meant for that day. We first had to go pay for our double stroller. We knew the price had almost doubled since last year.:scared1: As much as I hated to we forked over the money. It is just too convenient and great for moving around the park quickly w/ two more sets of short legs. We did inform DD7 that this would be the last year she gets to ride.

So we missed seeing rope drop by a couple minutes but it was early and there were VERY few people in the park. Upon arrival the sign said there was a 20 minute wait for Test Track so DH went that way to FP while the girls and I made it toward Soarin.
DisneyWorld2008218.jpg

There is no way TT had a 20 min. wait. Nothing had a wait all day there. The girls and I waited outside The Land for DH to arrive. It was sooo humid. I'd never seen it quite that humid. The glass doors were completely fogged and soak and wet just from humidity. So, DH arrived a little hot and tired on his poor waste of a trip to FP:lovestruc . We were off to Soarin.
DisneyWorld2008216.jpg

This year Faith was over 40 inches so there was SOO much more we could do as a family. So it was Faith's first time. We walked all the way to the front and were lined up waiting for the doors to open. There were so few people that they didn't even have enough to fill all the front row. Now here's a funny phenomenon we can't quite explain. DD7 is very extroverted but a little of a scaredy cat, while DD4 is more on the timid side but a thrill seeker.:confused3
So of course DD7 starts to freak out over Soarin and wants to leave. DH convinces her to stay but they go back to a row behind us because she does not want to be in front. Faith and I stayed in front and enjoyed our ride. She pointed out something I had not noticed last time. The scents change with the scenery. That is so neat.

When we left Soarin we found this extremely tiny frog in our stroller. I didn't even know frogs that tiny existed. How cute.
DisneyWorld2008217.jpg

Next we were off to the The Seas w/ Nemo and Friends. We love this ride.:fish:
DisneyWorld2008220.jpg

Then we went to go to Turtle Talk w/ Crush. We asked how much longer and the nice ladies said about 10 minutes. We knew that there would be plenty of room so we decided to walk around and look at the exhibits for 10 minutes.
DisneyWorld2008223.jpg

DisneyWorld2008224.jpg

Nice CM took this picture for us. I love how leisurely everything was. It was like this all day.:thumbsup2
DisneyWorld2008222.jpg

DisneyWorld2008225.jpg

The girls got to sit front an center. DH and I were in the front row of benches. Non of us got called out by Crush though. We enjoyed it and got some good laughs.

Next we went to Spaceship Earth. This ride was closed for the updates last year so DH and I had not been on it since childhood. We were excited to see it with the girls. DD7 was upset because her face was not on the little video show at the end. That was a riot. I wish I had thought to record ours (DD4 and I). DH did take a couple pictures of his.
DisneyWorld2008228.jpg

DisneyWorld2008230.jpg

Next we went off to TT to use our FPs we didn't need. It did give us a shorter walk I guess.:goodvibes DD7 was VERY nervous about riding this ride. Non of did this ride last year.
DisneyWorld2008233.jpg

DisneyWorld2008232.jpg

We have photopass pictures of this ride that I will share when photopass CD arrives. We all loved it. As we were exiting the attraction a man started laughing at me and said, "you're not a good promotion for that ride coming off all bandaged up. I laughed with him and told him it really messed me up, he better stay away.:rotfl2:
DisneyWorld2008234-1.jpg

Epcot photopass pics

My photopass CD came UPS.:cool1: Here are some pictures from our morning in Epcot so far.
image003.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image010.jpg

image012.jpg

DD7 and I both had frumpy hairstyles this day. That really took the most patience for me. I wanted so badly to fix both of our hair but I couldn't. I had brought a clip for DH to clip my hair up but he couldn't figure it out. Keep watching however because you will notice he greatly improves as the week goes by.;)

Up Next: Poisoned in Mexico

Great pics :thumbsup2 . The toilets are loud I too think its rude people flushing during the night. I find it even ruder when they let there kids run and yell outside of other peoples rooms. I have two DS's 8 & 2 and I would never let them do that. My 8yr od gets so mad even:rotfl: . I'll be here for the rest:yay: .

You look great in the pics--hair and all! :thumbsup2 I love going when the crowds are low, it really is so nice. I think the casts with all the humidity would have driven me crazy!! you are a real trooper!!

Great pics :thumbsup2 . The toilets are loud I too think its rude people flushing during the night. I find it even ruder when they let there kids run and yell outside of other peoples rooms. I have two DS's 8 & 2 and I would never let them do that. My 8yr od gets so mad even:rotfl: . I'll be here for the rest:yay: .

Glad I'm not the only one. And yes, I'm with you on the running and yelling children too.

You look great in the pics--hair and all! :thumbsup2 I love going when the crowds are low, it really is so nice. I think the casts with all the humidity would have driven me crazy!! you are a real trooper!!

Ah thanks. The crowds especially for our first two days were unreal. Amazing.

Love the pictures and the report.....your hair looks fine, just like everyone elses with the humidity, I'm sure!! Btw, love the princess ears....I have three sons so I think they are SO cute!!!! :lovestruc Can't wait to see the other photopass pics...you are all so photogenic!!

your kids are too cute! and i'm so impressed that you actually got up and finished the triathlon with two broken arms! :thumbsup2

Alright so after our great morning in Future World we decide to check out World Showcase. I was very excited for this because last year we spent the whole day in Future World and never made it the WS. I hadn't been there since childhood. This year we had two days scheduled for Epcot so I was sure we'd get most everything in. We started off in Mexico. We saw a very short line for Donald and got in our very first character line.
image018.jpg

We brought a sharpie for special characters to sign my cast. So Donald was first to sign my cast.
image023.jpg

image024.jpg

We then decided it was time for lunch. We went to have lunch at the Cantina del Sangel Inn. We (especially I) love Mexican food. The girls and I found a (almost) shaded table by the lake while DH ordered and brought our food. We usually had two trays so he'd have to make two trips. The girls and I enjoyed watching the birds while waiting.

DisneyWorld2008240.jpg

DH and I each got the wet burrito. The girls shared the nachos (didn't eat much). It was a lot of food and I especially enjoyed it. Here Faith is eating a Churro.:rotfl2:

DisneyWorld2008239.jpg

Now if you've read my title, you're wondering where the poisoning comes in. Let's just say it took a couple hours and that part will probably be in my next installment. This was the only thing DH and I ate the same all day and our sudden sickness came on at the same time with the exact same effects.:sick: STAY AWAY from CS in Mexico.

Well we still felt fine at the time so we headed to check out Mexico.
DisneyWorld2008241.jpg

image031.jpg

We had gotten each of the girls a passport to have stamped as we went to each country. DD7 was also going to be presenting this and things she learned around the world for an independent study. Here are the lovely ladies from Mexico.
DisneyWorld2008243.jpg

We rode the little boat ride which was nice and moved on toward Norway. Oh, but first DH got a nice cold beverage first.;)
DisneyWorld2008244.jpg

On the way to Norway.
DisneyWorld2008246.jpg

The girls had to finish some slush drinks they were drinking before getting in line for Maelstrom so DD7 was watching the boats come to the cliff from the outside. She got a little nervous because she could hear screams. She braved it and it was just a small drop. It is so strange how they trap you all waiting outside the door for the 5 min. video with nowhere else to go. We were lucky because the doors opened right as our boat arrived. There were lots of people wating for those doors to open, especially considering how empty the park was. When the doors opened most people walked straight through and didn't stay for the video. Including us.;) And of course you can't forget to get your postcard stamped!
DisneyWorld2008247.jpg

Here's a tip. Take the time to explore this shop before riding Maelstrom. We did this and it was very uncrowded. Great time to take a picture with the troll. You have to exit through this shop when exiting the ride but then it is pretty crowded.
DisneyWorld2008249.jpg

Next up :hourglass : Faith(DD4) rediscovers Snow White

Next was China. As we were arriving they were starting to set up for the acrobats to arrive in about 20 minutes. So we went to see Reflections of China first. I enjoyed the video and the 360 degree screens. When the girls had there passports stamped and signed the nice lady told us the DD7 was born in "the year of the dragon" and DD4 was born in the "year of the monkey". DH thought that was funny and said, "Oh that explains it then". We like to call her monkey now.
DisneyWorld2008250.jpg

Perfect timing, we were out in just the right time to get a good spot for the acrobats. DH got annoyed during the presentation because people would just come stand right in front of us and stay there blocking our view. Most people who arrived early stood towards the back to allow the path to stay open. However, during the presentation that space was filled with last minute people who didn't care. :sad2: I didn't let that bother me. The girls had good views sitting up front. The young acrobats are pretty impresive. I was glad we got to see this.
DisneyWorld2008251.jpg

DisneyWorld2008253-1.jpg

DisneyWorld2008255-1.jpg

Next up, Faith rediscovers Snow White.

Great installment..sorry to hear that you were poisoned!! Note to self...stay away from Mexico!!:thumbsup2 Love the norweigen hats on the girls in front of the troll...too cute!!!!! How'd the girls like the World Showcase? Other than Mexico last year, we didn't do any of it, we felt like the kids wouldn't appreciate it...do you recommend it for young ones....we're going with 6 kids under the age of 6 in December....thanks!!:goodvibes

Love your TR so far! Your family is so cute!!

This is a small world!! On your second pic of the chinese girls you can see my DD and me behind them!! I am the lady with the umbrella, it was so humid and hot that I had to cover up:rotfl2:

You were right, the park was almost empty that day:banana:

Cant wait to read the rest of your trip report:cool1:

I am loving your TR.

I can't believe your dedication to Disney and your family by making the trek in that condition!!! At least you will have these pics for many years to come to put into your girls' faces and remind them what a great mom you are through the teenage years and beyond - LOL!

You sure must have commanded a great deal of attention from CMs and guests in your travels!:rotfl:

Love the pic of Donald signing your cast!!!:goodvibes

Wow! I am loving your trip report. Your entire family is adorable. I give you lots of credit for going to Disney with 2 broken arms and smiling in every picture. I can't wait to hear more.

Thanks for all the kind words.:hug:

your kids are too cute! and i'm so impressed that you actually got up and finished the triathlon with two broken arms! :thumbsup2

Thanks you, and thank you.;)

Lovin' your TR... can't wait for more!

Thanks for reading.:goodvibes

Great installment..sorry to hear that you were poisoned!! Note to self...stay away from Mexico!!:thumbsup2 Love the norweigen hats on the girls in front of the troll...too cute!!!!! How'd the girls like the World Showcase? Other than Mexico last year, we didn't do any of it, we felt like the kids wouldn't appreciate it...do you recommend it for young ones....we're going with 6 kids under the age of 6 in December....thanks!!:goodvibes

Well, I guess it depends on how much you'd like to see it. Of course the kids would have preferred to be riding rides but they did enjoy it. I really wanted to see it. The passports (or free masks) help interest them and keep them going. The shows along the way are also good. If you go to Steven Soares website he will have a list about a week before you go of the different attractions at each country and at what time. Then you could possibly plan to hit the countries when there is something going on that might interest them. I really enjoyed it and the kids didn't mind it.:goodvibes

Love your TR so far! Your family is so cute!!

This is a small world!! On your second pic of the chinese girls you can see my DD and me behind them!! I am the lady with the umbrella, it was so humid and hot that I had to cover up:rotfl2:

You were right, the park was almost empty that day:banana:

Cant wait to read the rest of your trip report:cool1:

YOU ARE KIDDING ME? That's so cool. Well, thanks for making a surprise guest appearance in my TR.:banana: :banana:

I am loving your TR.

I can't believe your dedication to Disney and your family by making the trek in that condition!!! At least you will have these pics for many years to come to put into your girls' faces and remind them what a great mom you are through the teenage years and beyond - LOL!

You sure must have commanded a great deal of attention from CMs and guests in your travels!:rotfl:

Love the pic of Donald signing your cast!!!:goodvibes

Thanks, yea good one. I'll have to clip your comment for teenage years. You know, while I did get a lot of stares, very few people said anything about my condition.:confused3

Great update and it will be interesting to see what happens post Mexican food.

Well, interesting is one word for it I guess.:rotfl:

Great updates. I love all your pictures, but the one with the Troll is so cute!

Sorry to hear you got food poisoning!

Once the acrobat show was over we headed over to Germany. First we saw Snow White. This is where DD4 decided she Really loves Snow White. We waited in a relatively short line to see Snow White and Dopey. DD7 had brought a HUGE pen from home that nearly every character took notice of. The girls loved this. This would not be the last time we met this exact same Snow White.
DisneyWorld2008256.jpg

DisneyWorld2008257.jpg

This nice German lady offered to take our picture, then I got a picture of her with the girls.
DisneyWorld2008258-1.jpg

DisneyWorld2008259-1.jpg

We then decided that we should head back to FW to get our free 5x7 picture taken (offered to Disney Visa customers).
On our way back we were stopped for about 10 min. so they could raise the bridge and bring in all the Firework docks. At this time it was about 3:30. They sure do set up early.
DisneyWorld2008260.jpg

DisneyWorld2008261.jpg

When we arrived at FW we asked around at Innoventions for the place where Disney Visa card holders get there free photo. We had dinner reservations at Coral Reef for 4:50 and we got in line at about 3:50. We thought we had plenty of time. That was until we got in line and stood in the same place for 15 minutes without it moving. Then DD7 needed to use the restroom. I took her and returned and DH had barely moved forward. Also, DD4 fell asleep in DH arms while waiting. (Don't have pictures of that unfortunately).So by 4:35 we realized that we had basically waited for nothing because we were going to have to leave the line to get to our reservations. That was the longest line we stood in all day. Wow. The characters must really take a lot of time with the families. I'm also guessing several people got there last minute like us. Since the line is closed after 4 p.m. Anyway, before we left the line we did receive our voucher for a free 5x7 of the photo. We decided we would latter try to go get a free 5x7 of a different photo taken that day and jetted out for dinner.

O.K. this dinner turned out to be one of the top highlights of our trip. Simply amazing. I really want to do it justice with a great post. My next post will have video and pictures. Hopefully it will give you a glimpse into our amazing evening. And yes, the poisoning episode is coming up but thankfully not until we first have our great dinner at Coral Reef. You must toon in for my next installment. I can't wait. :jumping1:

Next Up:hourglass Unforgetable evening, highs and lows

Your leaving me hanging!:eek: Two boken arms wasn't enough, you had to get food poisoning too? You guys are all so cute.

Okay, lets get on with the trip report...:surfweb:

That stinks about having to wait that long for the free pic and then not getting one!! Bummer!!:sad2: Can't wait to hear all about Coral Reef, we're eating there in December and celebrating my sons 4th birthday there so I"m really looking forward to it!!:wizard:

Great updates. I love all your pictures, but the one with the Troll is so cute!

Sorry to hear you got food poisoning!

Thanks, I like that picture too.:thumbsup2

Your leaving me hanging!:eek: Two boken arms wasn't enough, you had to get food poisoning too? You guys are all so cute.

Okay, lets get on with the trip report...:surfweb:

True, how much more can we take? However, somehow in Disney everything seems a little bit better than it would at home.

That stinks about having to wait that long for the free pic and then not getting one!! Bummer!!:sad2: Can't wait to hear all about Coral Reef, we're eating there in December and celebrating my sons 4th birthday there so I"m really looking forward to it!!:wizard:

Oh, yes you should enjoy our post then. We were celebrating Faith's 4th birthday at Coral Reef.:woohoo:

Love the pics with the Troll and Snow White! It is so fun to see Disney thru my children's eyes. I went as a child and it was so fun. I am so glad we have been able to let our girls experience it too.

Sorry that ya'll got sick from the Mexican food. :sick: My sister ate the CS there once and said it wasn't good, so I've never tried it. Now I certainly won't!!

Can't wait to read more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter