Disney wants to mimic Florida in Anaheim

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Mar 22, 2007.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Is Disney ready to make big thunder? The company's recent battles with the city lead to speculation that it wants to import its Florida blueprint

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. thefirebuilds

thefirebuilds Mouseketeer

sounds like an uphill battle. Personally if I owned land there it would cost many many millions to buy out...and i know some people are just the kind of jerks to hold out for no amount of money.

4. exDS vet

exDS vet "How in the world can the words that I said send s

It took so long to get DCA and look at the response to it. Further expansion in Anaheim is going to be too difficult for Disney. No matter how hard they try, they won't be able to duplicate or replicate Florida in California. DCA needs a huge expansion first. But they can't even come up with new "E" tickets for that park. It's just a mess.

5. YoHo

YoHo If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

DCA is an artistic failure. I submit that no E-ticket could possibly save it now.

Disney might have had a chance with this plan when the first tried it, if they had made DCA suck less.

6. raidermatt

raidermatt Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression

I think a strong 2nd gate (DCA or whatever) would make this plan very workable, depending on it's execution of course.

But given what happened with DCA, where it's at today, and what that says about Disney's abilities, it's a lot more risky. I think parts are going to happen, like DVC, the Cruise line, maybe some more hotel and retail expansion. The third gate though just seems at least 5, maybe even 10 years premature.

It's hard to tell how much of this is posturing.

7. exDS vet

exDS vet "How in the world can the words that I said send s

I agree with the DVC and Cruise Line happening. I am not a DVC member, but aren't DVC resorts in true "resort settings"? I know they want to have DVC in California, and close to DL. It just seems that a time share in the middle of Anaheim would be kind of wierd. Now if they have 450 or so acres and they can create an upscale Disney resort on that land with DVC, I think that could work. I can't believe I am against a 3rd gate, but until DCA can be turned around (and it could if Disney was willing to spend the money) and become a success, I don't want to see another Disney park in Anaheim.