Disney vs Jersey Shore!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mitchsfan, Nov 22, 2012.

1. DCbride

DCbride DIS Veteran

We live about 35 miles from LBI. If you want to sell Disney find things they like about their vacations and try to work that into their Disney vacation..
    Do they like that the kids can walk on the boardwalk alone? Make sure they have some teen time and make a meeting time and place. Sleeping late? Explain how important it is to get an early start but allow one sleep in day mid trip. Relaxing time reading? Remind them that between 1 and 4 (at least for us) we are out of the park and either swimming or napping at the hotel. We go to Disney every August. And while I like our Nov trips the best, August is much better than spring break....

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. angelbear425

angelbear425 Mouseketeer

I live 3 hours from the JS and I skip that at all costs. It's just ewww. Disney is soo much better and I always go at the end of August. It's sticky, but most ride queues offer some type of a/c. The lines aren't that bad. Most under 20 minutes and for those over you can fast pass.

4. angelbear425

angelbear425 Mouseketeer

If you are referring to seeing JS as in the tv show its filmed in Seaside Heights, which is at least an hour north of AC. The OP you originally quoted said that the southern beaches weren't hit.

5. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Rt 4 commuters unite! :scared:

I live in Hackensack (obviously) and work two Towns away, ironic huh?

6. chrismom3

chrismom3 I want to live on Main Street!

I hate Rt 4!! (I live in River Edge)

I agree that taking people who are already complaining about the heat is not a good idea! I like the Jersey Shore ( frequent Wildwood/Cape May often) but I LOVE Disney!!! The weather in August is "somewhat" the same and I've often returned from Disney in August to find out that the weather was "worse" here in NJ. The problem is that people always think that summers in Florida are horrible and nothing will change their mind! Still trying to convince my parents to tag along with us to Disney but all they can say is "Are you crazy??? Go to Florida in the summer!!!!!" Can't win.

7. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Everybody hates Rt 4. It makes people in this area never complain about traffic anywhere else.

I agree with Florida in August isn't much hotter than NJ.

8. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

ETA: I see OP did mention OC and WW which I'm assuming WW is Wildwood/Wildwood Crest so my mistake as I didn't catch that that was the area of the Jersey Shore they were talking about.

9. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

So true!! I rather deal with local roads and 100 traffic lghts than Route 4. I would lose my mind if I had to get on 4 to get to/from work.

10. L&Lfan

L&Lfan DIS Veteran

I live 5 minutes from Ocean City and it's gonna be fine by next summer. However, I would NEVER pass up a Disney trip to "go to the beach"!:faint:

11. MEGADAN

MEGADAN Nothing Beats Disney!

I couldnt agree with you more. We're also from NJ and although I choose Disney over Jersey every single time, we have friends that we would not invite to Disney. They would hate everything we love to do in Disney.

12. fadingjamie

fadingjamie Up next... our first trip to Disneyland!

I was going to say... they might need the tourist dollars but when all those tourists are there, all you hear is "BENNY go home!" Maybe they'll get what they've always wanted this year.

OP, I agree Disney is completely different. They can always go back to the shore next year but they should try something new with many more activities with you. However, you can do the shore for so, so much less especially if you've been there already.. you're not buying as many souvenirs like you would in Disney. If it weren't for the price, I would say stay at Boardwalk and they can have their Jersey Shore feel with Disney activities!