Disney Visa

tbswilson

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons to the Disney Visa? I read somewhere to watch for the "fine print" but don't remember where. Does anyone know why it might not be a good idea to use this card?

I really do not know anything at all about the card. Though I did read that the interest rate is rather high. Sorry I could not be of much help :(

I have a Disney Visa, but don't use it frequently (I prefer my SPG AMEX card). Benefits are:
  • No annual fee
  • Earn 1% of purchases in Disney Dream Reward Dollars (DRDD)
  • Special promotionals throughout the year

Drawbacks are:
  • Disney is very vague where DRDD's can be redeemed
  • You must earn $20 in DRDD before you can request your first redemption

Can anyone add to this list?

Thanks so much for the reply and any new information that comes in will be appreciated. I love the DIS boards!!! I too have heard that the interest rates are high but from what I am being told you can get 6 months free finance when you use to it book your vacation. Thanks again

While it's true that you can get 0% interest on Disney packages purchases on your Disney Visa, that's the only thing (currently) that is interest free. Make sure that you pay that package off within 6 months, or the 17% or so interest will start to accrue.

Welcome to the DIS, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

This is a great card for disney goers who do not run a balance. I put a lot of my spending on my card, and I pay it off at the end of each month, so no finance charge is accrued. I get a lot of disney dollars, and do so by spending what I normally would with any card. I also can put my vacation on my card, and have a little extra time to pay it off at 0% if I choose. I look at it as a win-win situation.

Hi wrwrwrwreee1971 :)

Thanks for your opinion it helped me make my decision because we too pay off our card every month. I know that the other post had said to watch out for the interest rate and that made me stop and think about it but it never occured to me that we pay it off every month so the interest rate shouldn't matter. Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. :wave:

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

We pay it off too! I've earned about 140 points so far. I put everything on it!! grocy, gas, dry cleaning. They ahve easy online account management and I can pay daily, weekly, monthly online (just to make sure I'm paying it!!) My bank does not charge fees for this but someone replied theirs did (I would look for a new bank!!)

I like how they changed the redemption and you don't have to request Disney World or Disney Store coupons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter