Disney Visa use question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Sleepyluke, Oct 16, 2012.

1. eva

eva Often uses her unique ability to close threads.

It should be any cruise, accept my TA just told me that it is not combinable with the on board booking credit. That stinks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

The $50 disney rewards obc IS the only combinable OBC out there. It combines with:

* TA OBC
    * $25 online booking (back when they had it)
    * IGT/OGT/VGT rates
    * On board booking OBC and 10% discount

4. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Actually, the current offer (not sure about past) indicates "Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts...." I suppose some of those items listed above could be subjective and I'm not sure how Disney Visa would know about a TA OBC.

From the Disney Rewards website:
    5. Must use your valid Disney's Visa Card to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation for sailings through 9/28/2013 to receive a $50 onboard credit good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and ask for booking code DCC. Offer must be requested at time of booking for new bookings only. The onboard credit is per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with Disney's Visa Card. Offer is valid for up to two staterooms. Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts and is for personal use only. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas. Chase is not responsible or liable for fulfillment of this offer.

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

This is from this past summer...

* Originally booked in May with the $25 online which got transferred to my TA after. Had the $50 DVR OBC
    * Moved to an OGT rate - lost the $25 online, but kept the $50 DVR OBC
    * Booked on board and was told the $50 DVR would be added once payment was made in full.

6. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

I have always been told by both DCL & our TA that the OBC code and DV-OBC codes can't be combined.

7. ruadisneyfan2

This was all on 1 reservation? Were you on the OGT sailing when rebooking a future cruise? :confused3

8. eva

eva Often uses her unique ability to close threads.

All I know is that our DU agent said we can't receive the Disney Visa with an on board booking credit. She just emailed me that this week.

9. I❤MICKEY

I❤MICKEY DIS Veteran

I was told today that I won't get the $50 OBC because I am using the kids sail free promo. :( Little disappointed as that would provide for a lot of kid free nursery hours but the savings of kids sail free is much better.

10. MDTerp

MDTerp Mouseketeer

We received the same info, just this week, regarding our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise.

11. ruadisneyfan2

Double checked with my TA, still a "no" for combining promo codes.

12. Princess23

Princess23 Earning My Ears

I couldn't live without my disney visa card...it's def my favorite card to whip out!! ;)

13. miztressuz

miztressuz Mouseketeer

it was posted on here some time ago that the visa booking OBC was a code and there could only be one code on a reservation. so the OBB OBC was actually a code and so you couldn't use both. the OBC TA's offer is not a code and therefore you can get the visa OBC perk and their offer or the OBB OBC and their offer but not all three. the KSF is a code and therefore can't be combined with the visa booking code. if you do a search i'm sure you'll find other threads asking that.

the one thing that was combinable was the $25 OBC for making an online reservation and the visa $50 OBC (or any other OBC offer) because the online was wasn't a code. but that $25 isn't offered any more.

not sure why the future cruise consultant said you could get the visa one and the OBB OBC unless something changed very, very recently. we asked last year cuz it can't hurt and they confirmed we could have one or the other (we still used the visa card for the deposit, gotta get the points :) )

14. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Correct. As has been discussed before, the on board rebooking OBC & 10% offer off is booked using a booking code. You can only have one code (or "offer") per reservation, whether it be the on board booking, Kids Sail Free, FL resident rate, military rate, etc. Disney Visa uses another code, & u can't use two.

There USED to be a $25 credit given by DCL for booking online (not matter who booked it- yourself or your TA). That did not require a booking code, but instead, it was an offer from DCL, & it was combinable with the Disney Visa $50 OBC.

You can combine OBC given by TAs with anything, as again, no code is used - its simply money given to clients from their commission.

The only way you can get the $50 Disney Visa OBC is by booking a rack rate stateroom & by using it to pay for your deposit & balance. I cannot speak about the *GT rates, as I do not have experience with them & do not want to answer incorrectly or assume.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

15. slg4crzn

slg4crzn Mouseketeer

I second that but also Southwest visa is ranked up high. Lots of free flights to my DVC then spend my Disney rewards!

16. PLANNER88

PLANNER88 Mouseketeer

We just recently upgraded to Premier....do they have the 5% offer very often? I would love to pay off balance at 5% instead of 2%.

17. momof3indianakids

momof3indianakids Earning My Ears

I think it was a promotional offer for the 1st month I had it then I got 2% sorry my message was wrong. Even at 2% we still earned quite a bit for using for gas and groceries.

18. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

Just to add to this. I was booked on one of the Pixar cruises (Wonder out of LA) on a VGT rate and I did receive the $50 OBC for using my Disney Visa. So that is one case where a discounted rate and the Disney Visa OBC can both be used.

19. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

I have a reservation booked at a discounted group rate (PCC 4.0) and was told by my DU TA that even that was not combinable with the Disney Visa $50 OBC.

Sayhello

20. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Yes.

I was sailing under OGT and got the $50 credit there. I booked in board a future dummy cruise and was told the $50 OBC will still apply on top of the OBC for booking on bord.

Of course, we'll see in two years...

21. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

I see.. In any case, at least this past August, *GT rates did give us the $50 OBC.