Disney Visa Rewards: Questions on ordering time and method.

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
I posted this on the Rewards Board, but received no answers. Maybe the Resort folks can help me.

I'd like to wait until after my next Visa statement to order my reward dollars because I'll have another $20 or so. My statement closing date will be 10/3. We're flying out on 10/24. If I place my order for the reward dollars on 10/4, will I get them in time? The brochure says to allow 2 weeks, but what has been happening in practice?

Also, is it better to order by telephone or to do it on line.

Many thanks!

Hi Sandi,
I ordered mine the other day and, according to the system, they are backordered. It said I should receive by 10/15/03, which will be 3 weeks from when I ordered them. We'll see....Hope this info helps....Steve

I ordered mine on 9/7, they were shipped 9/9 and I received 9/11. It said I should receive by 9/23, but it was much quicker than that.

i called them after i saw the certificates were backordered on the web...they are switching from the certificates to a card system, like a gift card. It switches on Oct 1st, and you can get the card at DTD when you get there. Call the number on the back of the card, they will give you the details

Can you get the rewards as soon as they are posted to your account or do they wait for you to pay the bill first?

I JUST talked to them today!!! My statement ending date is also the 3rd, and we're there on the tenth.

The guy I talked to swore upside-down and backwards that I could go to DTD, (guest services ?) and get a card. Then call them and they'd activate it with my balances.

I kept asking, "are you sure it's gonna open on the 1st!???" He said it really would. Beats having all those $10 cards.

Any time I have ordered them on-line (3x now) I have received them in under a week.

Good luck!

Jill

Thanks. I'll call and see what's up. I'd just as soon have it mailed than have to go to DTD to get it; we usually don't go to DTD until close to the end of our trip.

Lisa, I think you can get the rewards as soon as the points are posted. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Update:

I called the number on the back of the credit card and spoke with a very helpful woman. She said that today's estimate is that they are taking about 2.5 to 3 weeks to get the reward cards to cardholders. She suggested that I wait until after my statement closes and call them the day after. She said that they would have an "up to the date" estimate of time and, that if it just seemed to close to my departure date, they would go through the mechanics of getting the reward card at WDW.

So, it looks like they're going to make it easy for people to get their reward dollars.

Anyone who orders them while at WDW, please let us know how (if) it works!

Hi

I just put my order in today on the web site...and it said they were available and that I would get them by 10/15...

Good luck All:wave:

Hi,

I ended up receiving mine today, 2 weeks earlier than the "estimated delivery date". So, it actually only took about 1 week to receive them.............Steve

I ordered mine the middle of September and received them in about 10 days. I was wondering the same thing as we are leaving the end of November and hoping to get the points from October. This card thing sounds interesting. I wonder if you can transfer the certificates to a card. That would be better than carrying around all those certificates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter