Disney Visa rewards question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jendeli, Feb 8, 2013.

1. jendeli

jendeli Earning My Ears

Can you use your Disney Visa rewards toward the cost of a future cruise? And, can you cash out the rewards?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

You most certainly can use your Disney Visa to pay the deposit for an OBB - and start earning those points!

If you already have a Rewards Card (not the credit card but the one they transfer the points to for use) then you can transfer points at any time as long as you have 10 points. This can be done by phone or online, but you have to have the Rewards Card already in-hand.

Points for any current/recent charges are not available until your statement date. So the points for booking a future cruise onboard are not likely to be available for you to transfer unless your statement date occurs during the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

4. DLW8

DLW8 DIS Veteran

Instead of using the points to book a future cruise, I would just use the Disney Visa to book it and pay for it. Then you will get 6 months free financing on the deposit and the balance, and earn points at the same time.

Put the points on the rewards card when you are ready to sail and put those onto your room account to use to pay for things on the ship.

5. jendeli

jendeli Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies! I don't have a Disney Visa, but am seriously considering getting one.

6. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

As to your second question, no you cannot cash them out.

7. jendeli

jendeli Earning My Ears

Thanks.
    So when I go to settle my on board account I can just hand over my rewards card?

8. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

More likely, you would apply the value of the Rewards Card to your onboard account ahead. If there is balance remaining at the end of the cruise, it will be put back onto the Rewards Card. If you select "cash" as your onboard account method, then yes you could settle the account with a Rewards Card but you may need to do so periodically during the cruise depending on how much you spend onboard and for excursions as DCL will limited the onboard account after a certain amount for "cash" accounts.

9. jendeli

jendeli Earning My Ears

Gotcha thx!