Disney Visa Rewards 750 limit!!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by travlnman1, Aug 22, 2005.

1. travlnman1

travlnman1 Been there..done that..going back!

I'm just mad.
    I didn't know that the Disney Visa had a cap on the amount of Disney Dream Reward Dollars you can earn in a year. You can't earn more than 750 in a year.
    That stinks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. christinou

christinou <font color=teal>Is now a Tag Fairy believer and i

When you think that you generally only get 1% back, at least I do, that would be spending $75,000 on your credit card in a year. I am sad and happy to say that I am NOWHERE close to that number.....

4. LorieR

LorieR DIS Veteran

Christine, count me in on that!! Wish I HAD $75,000 to spend!!

I have Citibank, which gives 5% back on supermarket, gas station, and drugstore purchases and 1% on everything else and that has a $300 annual limit. I wish THEY had a $750 limit! :goodvibes

Lorie

5. DisneyForLife

DisneyForLife DIS Veteran

"Unfortunately", I didn't find it hard at all to make it to just over 700.00 last year on my Disney Visa. It does add up when your talking college tuition for two, used cars for two, some renovations around the home and whatever other expenses I could find to put on the card. Of course we paid it all in full each month or it would not have been worth it. Right now I have just over 300.00 which is great. I don't think I will get to the 750.00 this year.
    I love having this extra money while at Disney. :earboy2:

6. SharkBait05

SharkBait05 Mouseketeer

I don't think I could get up to $750 rewards dollars, but I can see how it's done. Especially if you have business expenses, large family, college students, etc.

7. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

I ran $105,000+ through that card last year, it was very easy when building, decorating, and furnishing a new home. Thank goodness it won't be near that this year, although we just bought a new car and I paid for half of it on the Visa (I would have done the whole thing but that's all the dealer would go for...buggers LOL!) and then paid the bill the next day online.

We put everything possible on the card, gas, groceries, cell phone bills, utilities, anyone that will charge the card, we hand it over. Works out nice when we want to splurge on dinner!

I am getting rid of the card before the year is out though, as I refuse to do business with Chase.

Anne

8. etwinchester

etwinchester DIS Veteran

I had to cancel my account as well. They decided to change my rate to 24.99% (effective in October) due to my debt/income ratio. If I closed it, it would stay at my current rate till paid off.

HELLO, I was a SAHM when I applied and was accepted. If anything, my debt went down since I haven't charged anything for a year and my income went up a little since I started Mary Kay and a 2-day PT job. I've never been late on a card since I was 18 and had 3 paychecks bounced (which was over 10 years ago).

I could totally understand if I had a delinquent account, but I'm in TOTALLY GOOD standing with all my CC and that's what they should base my rate on.

I'm just so mad that I could scream!!! Thanks Chase...had to give up my Mickey card (boo-hoo)

9. ducklite

If you pay the card off every month, it doesn't matter what your interest rate is though. Food for thought...

Anne

10. etwinchester

etwinchester DIS Veteran

That's the problem. I do have a balance due to past mistakes. That's why for the past year I haven't charged anything. I'm doing the snowball effect to get them all paid off and it was giving me piece of mind. Learning from past mistakes...

This put a damper on things as it just ticked me off. I was hoping to get it paid off, then use it for rewards and pay it all off each month. Now I can't accomplish what I was working so hard at getting to. Like sticking a knife into my plans.

11. MKCP5

MKCP5 DIS Veteran

If anyone has another card they are especially hapy with please let me know rreply to the current thread regarding this. (Best crdit card rewards--in the budget section) I am currently shopping to find the best one I can charge evrything on and then pay off in full each month. I want to maximize vacation time with whatever rewards system works best! TIA!

12. docsnort

docsnort Mouseketeer

We use our Disney card for our business charges so we got a second card in my DWs name to get around the $750 limit. We have to monitor the award balance on each card closely so we don't go over on one of them.

Anne, can you expand on this a little more. We haven't had any problems with Chase since the switchover from Bankone. Have you had problems with Chase?

13. InstImpres

InstImpres DIS Veteran

I like CapitalOne, every 18K you get a free airline ticket within your zone (up to $360 flight cost). Not sure on the exact zoning but NJ-FL is the 18K zone so it works for me!

14. freediverdude

freediverdude <font color=blue>Was very touched by the Tapestry

Yes I've heard that the capital one airline mile program is very good now. My landlord has that, and he said they've relaxed it now to where you can purchase the plane ticket from any vendor, no longer have to go through their travel agency, etc.

15. travlnman1

16. MKCP5

MKCP5 DIS Veteran

InstImpres can you tell me a little more? What do you mean within your zone? I have been wondering about this card and how it works. Thanks very much.

PS Is there a limit to how much you can earn?

17. Magix

Magix <font color=navy>Blackhearted Pirate<br><font colo

To the OP - how could you not know there was a 750 reward cap? It was in the terms and conditions you got with your card... or did you neglect to read that?

18. travlnman1

I MAY have read that in the original terms and agreements, but that was awhile ago and most likely I didn't think too much about it because I didn't think I would be using it as much as I ended up doing.

Geeze Magix sounds like my scolding father.

19. ducklite

In the past I've had two cards with Chase and almost every month had to call to correct charges that weren't mine, billing errors--when you've got a cancelled check showing a $2000.00 payment cleared on the 8th of the month, and they show a $20 payment on the 19th you've got a problem--this type of thing happened more than once... We also had two car loans with Chase, and paid both off three years early just to get rid of them, they even managed to mess up car loans that they were taking the money directly out of our account--one month they took my payment three times in one day. They sent me a gas card as an apology for a station that I didn't even have one within 40 miles of my house. Fagaddaboudit!!!

We also had a money market account with them that we had a problem with, I can't even recall what now.

At any rate, we simply don't want to give them our business.

Anne

20. BethR

BethR <font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c

I am sure that the OP is like many of us, eager to get in on a good thing and then failing to read all of the fine print, terms and conditions, etc, etc, etc. I know that it is not a smart thing. But I am sure that a lot of us have done it. ::yes::

21. rach2674

rach2674 DIS Veteran

What can you get for the points. I can't find that anywhere. Is there a link to find that somewhere?

Rachel