Disney Visa question...

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by PrincessDreams2, Apr 9, 2010.

1. PrincessDreams2

PrincessDreams2 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you purchase park tickets at the gate with your Disney Visa card, does the cost of the tickets qualify for the 0% financing for 6 months? Just wondering! Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

I'm not positive - but I don't think so. The 6 months/0% is for Disney packages (room & tickets).

4. SSRFred

SSRFred Mouseketeer

No. It's for packages only.

5. joannafruhauf

joannafruhauf Earning My Ears

I just realized I have a Chase disney rewards card, with a few hundred points...if I redeem it can I use it for like a creditcard when I go to disney resort restaurants? or how else would I use it since I am staying DVC?

Anyone ?

6. blessedmom4

blessedmom4 WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!

Ours worked exactly like a credit card...we used it at gift shops, Akerhaus Restaurant, food kiosks, bought tickets...we had a LOT of points! (I put EVERYTHING on it and pay it off each month).

7. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

We charge everything to our room using the KTTW card and then go to the front desk and apply the rewards card towards our balance.

8. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

How does cashing in your rewards work. Do you just request goftcards on the site?

9. Golf4food

Golf4food Male pirate last time I checked. Yep. Still male.

Yes, then you get a credit card looking thing with your points on it to use at Disney. If the card is still valid when you have more points it can be recharged. If the card expires they send you a new one. They are good for one year from issue.

10. Stacy_C

Stacy_C DIS Veteran

Like the others have said, you can use it for pretty much anything....meals, souvenirs or even the dining plan if you decide to purchase that. Love my Disney rewards!

11. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

This is what we do too! Way easier than remembering how much is on the cards!

12. eyor44

eyor44 DIS Veteran

Just remember that when the card expires, the points on it does also. You can't move the points from one gift card to another.

13. joannafruhauf

joannafruhauf Earning My Ears

this is all wonderful

14. Brer Shay

Brer Shay compulsive Disney planner

I recently got another Disney Visa (with the $200 reward card) and asked this exact question. The Chase representative said that it did apply to ticket purchases only. I thought it was only for packages and questioned it again. She checked with someone else (manager?) who gave the same answer - 6 month financing on ticket only purchases as well. I'll be calling again to ask though.

15. Magix

Magix <font color=navy>Blackhearted Pirate<br><font colo

It's definitely not good on ticket only purchases. All the info makes it clear that it's for packages only. No one has ever gotten it on tickets only.