Disney Visa Perks

CoP Luv

DIS Veteran
I am toying with the idea of getting a Disney Visa (not the one with the annual fee). I am not interested in using it for Disney Dollars since I don't want to tie up rewards in just Disney, and our trip is so soon that I may not even get them in time.

I read the "perk" information on Chase's website, but it tells me what is excluded, not necessarily what is included.

Can you get any discounts at QS locations?
Can you please tell me your specific experience to where you have gotten any extra savings from using the card?

Here are a few perks that I have seen:

10% off $50 purchase in some stores.
% off certain sit-down restaurants.
Free photo in Epcot character greet
Able to book discounts prior to general public (though this may be an off site trip for us)

Thanks!!!

When we go to Disney I just ask at each time that need to pay for something if I get a discount with my Disney card, AP or DVC.

It doesn't hurt to ask, all they can say is no.

I am toying with the idea of getting a Disney Visa (not the one with the annual fee). I am not interested in using it for Disney Dollars since I don't want to tie up rewards in just Disney, and our trip is so soon that I may not even get them in time.

I read the "perk" information on Chase's website, but it tells me what is excluded, not necessarily what is included.

Can you get any discounts at QS locations?
Can you please tell me your specific experience to where you have gotten any extra savings from using the card?

Here are a few perks that I have seen:

10% off $50 purchase in some stores.
% off certain sit-down restaurants.
Free photo in Epcot character greet
Able to book discounts prior to general public (though this may be an off site trip for us)

Thanks!!!
There are no discounts for using your Disney Visa at QS locations. The participating TS locations usually have set hours during which they will give you the discount (i.e. lunch hours but not dinner) and will also have blackout periods (Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas).

The 10% off $50 purchase is good pretty much anywhere in the parks or gift shops but your purchase must total at least $50 before tax and you must pay using the Disney Visa. You cannot just show it for the discount.

The character meet and greet with free photo can be done every day if you want. It's the same kind of photo that you would get taken by any Photopass photographer elsewhere but they print it up for you as a part of perk. It's only in Epcot.

Sometimes, there are offers for discounts on Disney Live on Ice tickets or Disney on Broadway shows.

Of course, there is also the advantage of having a couple of days ahead of the general public for booking discount resort stays. And there are onboard credits for using your card to pay for a Disney cruise.

For a rewards card that has no annual fee, it's not bad. Certainly worth having just for the head start on the discounts.

there also discounts on some special tours: behind the seeds, keys to the kingdom, etc..

I have never used the photo at EPCoT one because the line has always been crazy long, but I did use it to save 10% at Trail's End Buffet this trip.

Just a heads up that there is a discount at Rainforrest Cafe with an AARP card, if you have that.

If you visit the Disney Rewards website they have all the info listed out. You get year round perks and limited time offers. Limited time offers change regularly and can very from early vacation discounts to an exclusive card member pin. Year round perks include 0% vacation financing, $50 onboard credit for Disney Cruise, DVC special financing, and a private phone line. There are further year round perks specific to certain resorts. The perks for WDW are as follows:

Remember, even though you might have your Disney Visa® Card linked to a MagicBand or RF-enabled card, you will still need to bring your Disney Visa Card with you in order to access your Cardmember perks throughout your stay.

Character Meet 'N' Greet at our Private Cardmember Location
Stop by our private location—reserved just for Cardmembers—to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney characters. Get a complimentary 5 x 7 photo, too! Just present your Disney Visa Card to enter this exclusive event, offered daily 1pm to 7pm at Innoventions West at Epcot®.

10% Off Select Merchandise
Receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort.

You can enjoy this discount any time during normal Theme Park hours. Just use your valid Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards® Redemption Card and mention this offer.

10% Off Select Dining Locations
Receive 10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World® Resort (restrictions may apply). Just use your Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card at the locations below and mention this offer to receive the discount.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas: •Boma
•Jiko (see restrictions)
•Sanaa
Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas: •ESPN Sports Club
•Flying Fish Cafe (see restrictions)
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort: •Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort: •The Wave...of American Flavors
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: •Trail's End Restaurant
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: •Citricos (see restrictions)
•Grand Floridian Cafe
Disney's Old Key West Resort: •Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Port Orleans Resort: •Boatwright's Dining Hall
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: •The Turf Club Bar and Grill
Disney's Wilderness Lodge: •Artist Point (see restrictions)
•Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort: •Captain's Grille
Disney's Hollywood Studios®: •The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions)
•Hollywood & Vine (see restrictions)
Epcot®:
•Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions)

15% Off Select Guided Tours and Recreation Experiences
Receive 15% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours and recreation experiences at Walt Disney World® Resort. Just use your valid Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card and mention this offer.

Guided tours and recreation experiences include:

Magic Kingdom® Park •Disney's Family Magic Tour
•Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour
• Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
•Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom® Tour
Epcot® • Gardens of the World (offered seasonally)
• The UnDISCOVERed Future World
• Disney's Dolphins in Depth
•Epcot® DiveQuest
• Epcot® Seas Aqua Tour
•Behind the Seeds
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park •Wild by Design
•Backstage Safari
Multiple Theme Parks, Backstage Areas and Resort Hotels:
•Backstage Magic
•Disney's Holiday D-Lights Tour (offered seasonally)
•Disney's Yuletide Fantasy (offered seasonally)
•Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
•Carriage Rides at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
•Horseback Trail Rides at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Discounts are not available on the following tours at Walt Disney World® Resort: VIP tours, programs exclusive to groups, group team building programs.

15% Off at Select Spa and Salon Locations
15% off the non-discounted price of any salon treatment valued at $45 or greater or any 50-minute or longer spa service at the spas and salons at Walt Disney World® Resort listed below:

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa •Senses—A Disney Spa
•Ivy Trellis Salon
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa •Senses—A Disney Spa
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas •Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center
Disney’s Contemporary Resort •Olympiad Fitness Center
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort •La Vida Health Club
•Casa de Belleza Salon
Disney's Wilderness Lodge •Sturdy Branches Health Club
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts •Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness

I recently got one just for the $200 Disney gift card they were offering if you spent a certain amount of money in the first few months. We will take it this trip since we can get 10% off at a few resort restaurants we are eating at, but I don't really use it for anything else. My SW rewards Visa gives a better return percentage wise on everyday purchases, and I have other cards that I get more % back for gas and groceries and dining.

Right now there is a perk going on that isn't found easily. Chase sponsors a lounge in the American Pavilion during the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival and having any Chase credit or debit card get you access. Complementary soft drinks are available (coffee, tea & Coke Freestyle). But if you have the Disney Visa, you can get a reserved seat at Eat To The Beat and access to a special Illumination viewing area near Italy. Numbers are limited and you have to get a wrist band inside the Chase Lounge while they are available. I've been to the lounge 3 days so far.

Right now there is a perk going on that isn't found easily. Chase sponsors a lounge in the American Pavilion during the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival and having any Chase credit or debit card get you access. Complementary soft drinks are available (coffee, tea & Coke Freestyle). But if you have the Disney Visa, you can get a reserved seat at Eat To The Beat and access to a special Illumination viewing area near Italy. Numbers are limited and you have to get a wrist band inside the Chase Lounge while they are available. I've been to the lounge 3 days so far.

Does anyone know if Chase has a similar lounge during the Flower and Garden Festival?

Dh and I also just recently signed up for the $200 signing bonus.

Does anyone know if Chase has a similar lounge during the Flower and Garden Festival?

Dh and I also just recently signed up for the $200 signing bonus.

I am 95% sure the answer is no. A Disney blogger I follow loves going to the Lounge during F&W and specifically said in a post he has waited a year to be back in. If it had been open in April/May he would have posted about it then. Also, I was there for Flower and Garden in May and didn't see it.

Chase sponsors the Food & Wine Festival.
HGTV sponsors Flower & Garden Festival. No lounge. March 4 to May 17, 2015.

Discounted tickets for certain Disney events set aside for cardholders (like Mickey's Halloween and Christmas parties). I wanted tickets for a Halloween party that was sold out this year on Disney's website, called the Disney Visa hotline and found out they still had tickets left for cardholders. :yay:

Plus the table service discounts work for us because we mainly travel off season and prefer to eat table service during lunch anyways.

Discounted tickets for certain Disney events set aside for cardholders (like Mickey's Halloween and Christmas parties). I wanted tickets for a Halloween party that was sold out this year on Disney's website, called the Disney Visa hotline and found out they still had tickets left for cardholders. :yay:

Plus the table service discounts work for us because we mainly travel off season and prefer to eat table service during lunch anyways.
:thumbsup2

I love the Epcot photos. I've never found the line to be unreasonable and you normally get at least two characters together. The interaction also tends to be longer than in other character locations. Or at least that's been our experience. Never felt really rushed to get out and it's fun to get the characters to play off of each other. One time there was no line and they had just switched characters so I nicely asked and was able to go back in to meet the second set. No extra picture (although I had Photopass Plus so it didn't matter) but two good interactions with minimal wait.

How many seats can you get with the disney visa? Is it just for the cardholder only or the family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!