Disney Visa holder received $40 gift card offer for DVC online tour

Discussion in 'Disney Rewards Programs' started by pixietwin, Nov 26, 2011.

1. pixietwin

pixietwin Mouseketeer

I have had the Disney Rewards Visa since early 2003, and I've only received a promo/bonus offer once. Finally got a second one! Yesterday they sent me a mailer offering a $40 Disney gift card if I did the DVC guided online tour. I had to call and talk to somebody for about 15 minutes, but I was told I'd get my gift card within 30 days. It was just a basic time share sales call but no pressure. I did a search but didnt' see this posted, but I'm sure that I'm not the ony person who has received this offer.

2. tweety38

tweety38 Mouseketeer

Got this one too, haven't done it yet. I actually forgot about it until I saw this post. Thanks!

3. pixietwin

pixietwin Mouseketeer

You're welcome. I was going to throw it away at first because I thought it was one of those 'apply for credit card and get a $40 gift card promo' and since I have two Disney visa accounts - didn't want to open another one. But it was a quick $40 for about 15 minutes of my time. I am thinking of getting my husband to call since he has his own Disney visa account, but honestly I don't think he can handle the 15 minute sales call. He doesnt' do well with that kind of stuff. But it would be another $40 gift card if I just could get him to do it.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. zeferjen

zeferjen Mother Knows Best

Hmm, we are actually considering DVC and I have the Visa. I wonder if I can ask for this offer somehow? Did your mailer come with a phone number?

6. omghidanielle

omghidanielle DIS Veteran

We got this in the mail today!
    I was excited to do an online tour, but wound up talking to someone on the phone.

Can't wait to put this in my giant stack of gift cards :goodvibes

7. DisneyOrBustColorado

DisneyOrBustColorado Pixie Dust Adventures

We got this offer in the mail too. My husband doesn't want to call and I didn't want to call for him on his offer but it says in the fine print "Only 1 gift card per household". So... I guess there is no chance of my husband and myself each getting one. Hey, $40. toward our next trip to Disney is better than nothin'!:yay:

Thanks for posting this. I may have thrown out the post card if I had not seen this post and been watching for the offer.

8. kkandaj

kkandaj No longer a lurker

This information is also on the Budget Board. I did not receive the card, but do have a Disney VISA. Hubby called and just said he was interested in the online tour for the $40 gift card. They asked the first 6 digits on the card. It lasted about 10 minutes and the card should be here in a few weeks. I love free money for our trip in May!:banana:

9. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

We got this in the mail and my husband made the call in early December. Like others have said, he said it was 10-15 minutes and there was no pressure at all. He found everything to be pretty interesting. If only we had an extra $16k or so sitting around! :lmao:

The giftcard came pretty quickly...much quicker than I expected. It came via FedEx, and my husband actually had to sign for it! He received a follow-up call from DVC (which he didn't pick up) and they sent us additional materials in the mail a few weeks later.

Good luck! Yay for free money to spend at Disney! :banana:

10. stinkerbellsmommy

stinkerbellsmommy Mouseketeer

Hmmm...we have the Visa, but I hadn't noticed any mailers regarding this. I wonder if I tossed/shredded by accident? :confused3 Or, they figured out that we took the tour when we had some extra time on our last vacay, got a $100 gift card, and didn't have the extra cash to buy :rotfl:

11. kdkdmac

kdkdmac Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. I'm going to give them a call ... an extra $40 to spend at Disney in March will be awesome! ... Actually, it will be one meal.:cool1:

12. 6ftunder

6ftunder Earning My Ears

i received a letter in the mail stating i would get a $40 gift card since i had a disney chase visa if i called about dvc info. i called, talked about dvc and got info in the mail. that has been almost 3 months ago. NO gift card yet. i call about it every week and get the run around. really surprised disney handled things this way.

13. princesspooh323

princesspooh323 Mouseketeer

I did this. There was def. no pressure, although we did end up buying. It has been over a month. We have purchased DVC, but we still have not received our gift card.

14. Tricia's mom

Tricia's mom DIS Veteran

I received this offer in the mail as well. I called and took the survey. They said they would send the visa card..they did .. I was away and could not get to fed ex to pick it up in time.. it went back and I have been trying for months to get it reissued. Some one told me he would take care of it.. still waiting....

15. policycobb

policycobb DIS Veteran

Received this offer yesterday. Has anyone called recently and not received the gift card?

16. GenevieveRaqs

GenevieveRaqs DIS Veteran

I'm curious, too. I received the offer today.

17. WDW_Diane

WDW_Diane DIS Veteran

I did it in the Fall and got the card. Did not buy DVC, they still call occasionally.

18. policycobb

policycobb DIS Veteran

I called last night. The phone call lasted about 12 minutes. They did not pressure me at all. Asked how often I visited Disney and told me some general DVC information. He said I would receive a packet in the mail which would be coming in the next few days and the gift cards are taking 2-3 weeks and sent by Federal Express.

19. Gibbygirl

Gibbygirl why am I here when I should be there?

Received the card & plan on calling. Did a search on here to see if anything came up & here I am! Then I noticed the date the thread started. Glad to see I'm not the only one who did a search & started the conversation back up. I plan on calling as we have a trip planned for this summer & who doesn't love free Disney money?!?

20. Lbachelot

Lbachelot Mouseketeer

I have a Disney visa but haven't received any postcard. Who do I call?

21. policycobb

policycobb DIS Veteran

I'll have to look at the card tonight but it had a personal ID number to give when you call.