Disney Visa and TA

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by JavArmy, Feb 16, 2013.

1. JavArmy

JavArmy DIS Veteran

I'll try to keep this short, but here's the deal. We are planning a cruise for May 2014. I've decided to use a TA for the onboard credit. He told me (and I've seen on other TA sites) that as long as I pay for my cruise with my Disney Visa, I can recieve an extra $50 OBC.

Today I called Disney Visa and asked them if we still qualify for the 6 months no interest on the cruise, even though we booked through a TA. I also asked if we would qualify for the 2% for rewards (as opposed to the 1%) since it was for a Disney Cruise. The man at Disney Visa told me that since we booked through a TA we would NOT qualify for the 2% or the 6 months no interest or the $50 OBC.

The deposit is still pending on my credit card, so I'm unable to look into it more at this point, but I was wondering what everyone elses experiance was with this. The pending charge on my card says "disney worldwide service" so I would assume I would still get all the perks for booking a Disney vacation on my Disney Visa.

Any thoughts?:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

Unless there's been some kind of change, the person at Chase was wrong.

4. wehavesix

wehavesix DIS Veteran

Hm. My DH just used our Disney Visa to PIF our cruise. He says we got all those perks you mention and we booked through Small World Travel.

5. noahsketomom

noahsketomom DIS Veteran

I just used my TA to pay off a chunk of our cruise on my disney visa and can confrim I got the 2% rewards. I would've gotten 6 months no interest too.
    I didn't get the $50 OBC because I had already gotten a deal on the cruise (10%).

6. JavArmy

JavArmy DIS Veteran

Thanks to all for the reply. You all pretty much affirmed what I thought :) The guy at Chase was just so sure of himself, it threw me off, haha! Okay, now I can relax a bit, wait till the charge actually hits, then call again and double check!

Thanks again for all the replies!:bitelip:

7. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

The person at Chase probably thought that the TA would run the charge through in their name. You should only use a TA that has DCL make the charge directly, and when that happens you will have the 0% interest option automatically.

8. calismic

calismic Mouseketeer

Just one more person confirming =). You will definitely get the no interest. We did this last June with no issues!

9. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

And DO NOT ever let a TA do this. The charges should be run as DCL, regardless of what card you are using. There have been horror stories of less than reputable TAs who used the credit card to pay themselves and never paid DCL....resulting in no booking. ALL payments should go to DCL.

10. geffric

geffric <font color=teal>DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell

::yes:: yep..very important

11. JavArmy

JavArmy DIS Veteran

When it's run through DCL, what will the credit card statement say? Mine says "Disney Worldwide Service" I'm assuming this is Disney Cruise Line, am i right?

Like I said before, the deposit is pending, so I am unable to look into it more, yet...I plan on calling once the charge has hit :)

12. suffieldhockeymom

suffieldhockeymom DIS Veteran

The charge should say "DCL CRUISE RESERVAT" anything else is will not qualify for the APR or OBC

13. DVC Jen

DVC Jen DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Wigs out even the

same as this poster

14. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

Yes, we use a travel agent....

We have always gotten our regular rewards---1% for every cruise, even the one we booked ourselves. (don't know if you get 2% with the new card they came out with last year, ours is just the regular Disney Chase Visa) I don't know anything about the 2% deal.

$50 for using the card, but EVERY payment including deposit has to be made with that same card to get this.

No interest for 6 months for each payment.

While your charges are pending it will show up online as : Disney Worldwide Service, after it goes through it will show up as : DCL reservation. (Just noticed this a couple weeks ago)

These are quoted directly from the card policy perks listed on the chase site:

As an ongoing card perk, pay zero interest for 6 months anytime you use your card to book select Disney vacation packages, Disney cruises, and Adventures By Disney packages and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i vacation packages vacations through The Walt Disney Travel Company, your travel agent, or online at Disney sites. After your promotional APR expires, your standard purchase APR will apply. For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 14.24% variable. For existing accounts, please see your Cardmember Agreement.

Receive a $50 onboard credit when you pay for your Disney Cruise Line® vacation in full with your Disney's Visa Card and mention this offer. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and ask for booking code DCC.

Sounds like your Travel agent knows the deal....the Chase person you spoke to does not :)

15. JavArmy

JavArmy DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for this. I'm feeling much better about the situation. We weren't depending on the 0% interest or the extra rewards money, buy I just want to make sure I get what I'm supposed to. This is my first time using a TA and it ha me a little nervous!

Thanks again to all!

16. GraceLuvsWDW

GraceLuvsWDW DIS Veteran

I just booked our cruise in March with TA using Disney Visa. Got the TA OBC, the $50 DV OBC, 0% interest, and 1% reward. :cool1: